TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Why nor do the Disney approach and simply hold the standby line for a few trains and let Fast Lane riders plow through?  I've had that happen a few times on various Disney attractions.  Once the Fastpass line got to a certain point they'd let it bleed significantly before allowing the standby line to move again.

7 minutes ago, KBrylczyk said:

Why nor do the Disney approach and simply hold the standby line for a few trains and let Fast Lane riders plow through?  I've had that happen a few times on various Disney attractions.  Once the Fastpass line got to a certain point they'd let it bleed significantly before allowing the standby line to move again.

Because after the lockers, there is no "FL queue"  You're still a hundred people back from the station (when you count both stairwells).  At the merge point, which is about 50-75 people before the lockers, they do typically let a decent group of FL-ers through.

• Thanks 1

Had another great visit to the park yesterday evening, and earlier today, and once again lived the "no FL, no problem life" to perfection! 😎

On our way back from our trip to Pittsburgh, my kids and I stopped for a two partial day trip to CP, and our first time staying on-site at a CP resort, as we utilized the Lighthouse Point Cabins. Let me just say first off, I think paying what the Breakers charges is absurd, and there isn't any justification for it in my mind. They are basic rooms, and staying on site, in basic rooms, just isn't worth it in my mind. Period. However, Lighthouse Point proved to be a different matter, as the price, which is actually lower than Breakers, while still high, was much more justifiable to me, for the great location on the water, and the unique experience. We loved staying the night there, and I definitely will do it again sometime, when I have the funds to do so! The great view of Steel Vengeance right next to it was an added bonus! So, if you haven't had a chance to check it out yet, I definitely recommend it!

As for the park last night, we didn't show up to LP until 4:00, which was check-in time, and then it was storming and raining off and on then, so there was a mass exodus from the park around that time. We ordered some pizza, picked it up, brought it back to the cabin, and enjoyed it while the waves lapped at the front porch, and the coasters started testing again in the park. We finally entered the park around 7:00, and went straight to Steel Vengeance. My 8 year old just now hit 52 inches (with shoes), so he was able to ride it this year, and was super excited! With the cleared out park, we only waited around 20 minutes, maybe, and we were off on my personal favorite coaster, out of now 300! My 8 year old loved it, and his mind was definitely blown! I think it's now HIS favorite coaster as well!

Next up, we hit Maverick, with about a 15 minute wait, and it was my 8 year old's first ride on that as well. He loved that one too, particularly the fact that I hadn't told him anything about it, and he was totally surprised by it! After a quick spin on the Wave Swinger (just because it's there, relaxing, and fun), we went down Frontier Trail, and got in a couple night rides on Millennium Force. It was all of my kids' first time getting night rides on it, and we waited for the front on one of the rides as well. It was walk on without the wait for the front, which added 15 minutes to that wait.

To close the night down, we returned to Steel Vengeance, and after an even shorter wait this time around, probably 15 minutes, tops, we were on board. SV is a whole different beast at night, as it's even more wild, and disorienting than it is during the daytime! So I was glad my youngest got to experience that for the first time as well (my oldest three kids got to before.) We decided to directly go around and re-ride, and not having any cell phones or watches on us, had no idea what time it was. The line was open, however, so we got in it. It was apparently closing time though, as we ended up basically being at the back of the line. Consequently, we got on the last Steel Vengeance train of the night, and not just that, they sent us around again for an encore ride, which was totally awesome! My kids were stoked, and my youngest was amazed, and getting three consecutive rides (essentially) on SV to close out the day on the best coaster on the planet (in our opinions), was the best way possible to end it! Getting four rides total on SV for a combined wait of less than 45 minutes, without FL+, three of which were at night, was just icing on the cake! We were all very hyped off that experience as we walked back out of the park, and returned to our nearby cabin, to fall asleep to the sounds of the waves...

Today (Monday) was another short day, as we were only in the park from 10:00 to 2:30. But we got to ride GateKeeper, Valravn, Blue Streak, Magnum, Gemini, and Skyhawk, all with minimal wait time. Plus, we tried out the new Farmhouse Kitchen and Grill, and all came away very satisfied with the food! It was very good, and filling, and fed my big brood well! All in all, it was a very nice visit to the park, and in some ways, one of the best I've ever had!

20220822_100654.jpg

20220821_184702.jpg

20220821_224632.jpg

20220821_202031.jpg

20220821_205626.jpg

20220821_222934.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

A couple pages back I read that someone thinks Corkscrew will run forever because it looks great, can run in any condition, and I definitely agree with that. I do think though, if it's possible, having vekoma come in and reprofile the track like they did with Big Loop at Heide Park. The difference here is that Arrow designed Corkscrew, not Vekoma, but I wonder if they could still do something similar to make the ride at least a little more comfortable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Living_Dead said:

A couple pages back I read that someone thinks Corkscrew will run forever because it looks great, can run in any condition, and I definitely agree with that. I do think though, if it's possible, having vekoma come in and reprofile the track like they did with Big Loop at Heide Park. The difference here is that Arrow designed Corkscrew, not Vekoma, but I wonder if they could still do something similar to make the ride at least a little more comfortable.

Honestly I think all it needs are the new Vekoma vest-restraint trains and it'll be perfectly fine.

• Like 1

^Absolutely

It wouldn't make sense to carefully remove the cable and leave all of the other hardware untouched. Why even bother? I see this as a better sign the ride will reopen rather than be demolished.

Also, taking one car doesn't seem like much of a head start. Refurbishment? No idea.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tndank said:

Fb-e4HCX0AYcYMS.thumb.jpeg.350c964b2fc60f71154e306be2e029a1.jpeg

Now let the speculation continue as to what that actually means.
I think now a changed launch system (even though that's not the thing that closed the ride this time) is probably coming.  We'll see what else happens... maybe more track added so the ride does something more than just up and down? Who knows...

18 minutes ago, tndank said:

Fb-e4HCX0AYcYMS.thumb.jpeg.350c964b2fc60f71154e306be2e029a1.jpeg

My faith lies in the "as you know it" phrase, but I hope for all that is good in the world that they do not do to it what they're doing to Montezooma.  Everything Kumbak makes can die in a fire.

• Like 2

Well, since they've been kind of running it half assed the last few years and this park is on a kick of killing off Intamins...

MF next year?

J/K.

This sucks though. I like TTD a lot more than Kingda Ka so the "2nd option" of still getting the same ride experience kind of sucks IMO. We'll see, maybe the "as you know it" will just mean "oh we're just changing the queue line" and this will be overhyped. Maybe they're painting it purple, adding flames, and calling it Bizarro. Who knows.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can see LSM's replacing the hydraulic launch. Maybe even adding tunnels to the launch and breaks to stop debris from hitting bystanders 

(my unrealistic hope would be adding lsm's up the tower to get it to 500 feet for the first polar coaster)

I get it from a marketing and PR standpoint.  This says to me that they still want to keep the ride which generates so much hype, and no doubt had people coming from all over just to experience, but also don't want it to have the stigma of being associated with a horrible accident.  The "as you know it" could mean something simple or drastic. I'm leaning more towards simple, but who knows.