TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

9 minutes ago, AmyUD06 said:

This is normal in my experience.  It all has to do with where the merge is.  Back before the in-queue lockers, the FL wait would be substantially shorter.

Such a shame tbh. Reducing the line by just an hour (of a two hour wait) is just kinda sad and feels like it’s not worth the premium price you pay. With the merge point being so far back, increasing the price won’t also help *that* much as the wait will always be a minimum of 30 minutes.

I can imagine that on slower days (weekdays by the end of august) it will save you like 15 min and you’ll still be waiting 30 minutes….

10 hours ago, southpuddle said:

I really don’t see why Cedar Point hasn’t capitalized on upping the price of FL+ on days they know it’s going to be bats*** insane. Charge $400 for it. Meet the demand. I’d be really irritated if I spent $150 on FL+ and still waited an hour for SV. 

It's already $250 on weekends for FL+.  It's priced fine, and works fine on every other ride except for SV (and to a much lesser extent, MF).  When I go to the park I've just learned to accept it for what it is; SV is going to take a while and there's no way around it.  I'd still much rather wait 45 minutes than 2+ hours.

Honestly the massive proliferation of ADA passes is a bigger impediment to efficient lines than oversold FL, if you ask me.

11 hours ago, southpuddle said:

I really don’t see why Cedar Point hasn’t capitalized on upping the price of FL+ on days they know it’s going to be bats*** insane. Charge $400 for it. Meet the demand. I’d be really irritated if I spent $150 on FL+ and still waited an hour for SV. 

I haven't been to CP in quite some time but I never had more than ~15 minutes with a fl+. If times have gotten that bad it's time to price people out. We paid for the quick-pass-thing at Universal FL a few years back and were absolutely pissed by the wait times. Some of the queues were split evenly at an hour wait each.. Totally not acceptable when you're paying extra for it. 

51 minutes ago, BotanicalStig said:

I haven't been to CP in quite some time but I never had more than ~15 minutes with a fl+. If times have gotten that bad it's time to price people out. We paid for the quick-pass-thing at Universal FL a few years back and were absolutely pissed by the wait times. Some of the queues were split evenly at an hour wait each.. Totally not acceptable when you're paying extra for it. 

Even for SV?

seems like Valravn has been down for the last couple of days? Any news on this?  It has also been removed on the park’s fast lane services, or doesn’t that mean anything?

1 hour ago, gardyloo! said:

Even for SV?

seems like Valravn has been down for the last couple of days? Any news on this?  It has also been removed on the park’s fast lane services, or doesn’t that mean anything?

The park tweeted several days ago regarding Valravn's status.

2022-08-13 (2).png

I typically get FL+ every visit, but I do feel as if CP's isn't the best "bang for your buck" in comparison to some other parks.  It is what it is, but I do wish they had more FL lines that dumped into stations. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, FeelTheFORCE said:

The park tweeted several days ago regarding Valravn's status.

2022-08-13 (2).png

I typically get FL+ every visit, but I do feel as if CP's isn't the best "bang for your buck" in comparison to some other parks.  It is what it is, but I do wish they had more FL lines that dumped into stations. 

Ah hopefully the ride will be open within a week or so. The B&M factory isn’t too far away and hopefully B&M has the requested parts  stocked and ready to go…

Im gonna say this for the people in the back. . .

Fast Lane is not giving you the ability to cut the entire queue and does not guarantee you NO wait at all, it gets you a reduced wait time. It's called FAST lane not NO lane. . .

50% less of a wait than the regular line is fine by me but then I never get fastlane so. . .

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 8/13/2022 at 12:30 PM, gardyloo! said:

Ah hopefully the ride will be open within a week or so. The B&M factory isn’t too far away and hopefully B&M has the requested parts  stocked and ready to go…

They only make the track in Cincinnati. Everything else is sourced from Europe from what I remember working on Mantis.

I’ve struggled to find answers on this one, so apologies if this has been discussed ad nauseam… I’m looking to visit Cedar Point with some family come late September. Their hours are Thurs 6-midnight, and Fri-Sunday 11am-midnight. Given the weekend only model, how are lines and ride selections during this season? We’re mostly there for coasters, etc. 

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? Ideologies? Theologies? Mythologies? Conspiracy Theories? 

3 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

Go on the weekends if you want all of the coasters to be open, but prepare for unimaginably large crowds and get there early.

Ugh, I kinda figured it would be obnoxious.
Thanks much for the reply Bill, much appreciated. 

• Like 1

So this happened.

https://www.foxcarolina.com/2022/08/16/police-32-year-old-man-woman-arrested-having-sex-amusement-park-ride/

SANDUSKY, Ohio (WTVG/Gray News) - Police in Ohio say two people were arrested for allegedly having sex on a Ferris wheel at the Cedar Point amusement park.

According to the Sandusky Police Department, two 32-year-olds were arrested on public indecency charges after the incident reportedly happened on Aug. 14.

Police say several witnesses told them they saw a man and woman performing sexual acts, while on the Giant Wheel ride. They also told police they felt their cart shaking while the two were above them.

“The group said the couple knew they were being watched and started laughing and continued their behavior,” a police report read.

The department said a witness told police that she was very shaken up about what she saw, saying the incident was very traumatizing.

Police said the man and woman initially denied the allegations. The woman reportedly told officers she bent over to pick up a pack of cigarettes she had dropped while the man was helping her.

However, Sandusky police said the two later admitted they had sex on the ride. They were arrested and taken to the Erie County Jail.

Copyright 2022 WTVG via Gray Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved.

• Thanks 1

Visiting CP October 1st and 2nd (Sat and Sun). It'll be my 2nd time visiting. First was in 2007 and MF wasn't open the day I visited (but I did ride the old Mean Streak and it was a scary experience) so you can imagine how excited I am to finally cross so many bucket list coasters off my list. Does anyone know if this weekend will be cray cray busy?! Does the price of FL+ go up those days because of the Halloween theming?? Any tips for navigating the park would be much appreciated. 

Not sure why there's internet reee-ing (Oh the internet...right) it was a very small area. What did people think was going up? I kinda like it personally. 

On 8/12/2022 at 9:04 PM, gardyloo! said:

According to some tweets SV’s fast lane line is an hour while the regular line is two? Is this normal or does the line usually not go over 30 min (except crazy busy 3+ hour regular line) days?

This is absolutely correct, in all my experiences in recent years SV is on avg like 45 mins (sometimes 30 sometimes 60) and yes yes we all know its fast lane not no wait and 45-60 mins is better than 2-3 hours but it still does suck when you are forking out so much $. I would agree only way to "solve" it is to try and price people out but that's not even totally necessary. As someone said above the lockers and how you merge back in really **** things up. It makes the FL line longer than it needs to be. Its a shame, and for people who haven't been/dont go often you kinda need it (unless you can go off season and on a weekday) 

• Thanks 1