TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

^73 degrees

I know the sign says that, but I think it's a misprint. That drop looks much steeper than that, and 73 is how many mph the train will reach coming out of that drop, to claim the speed record. I think they meant to say 73 mph speed there, and not degrees, on that sign...

73 degrees, 73 mph, 7:30AM (PST) announcement

Wow! It legitimately looks steeper than that! Goes to show how much a matter of minuscule (wait for it) degrees, steepness is!

So it's official right now, there is no more difference between a wooden coaster and a steel one except for the material they use.

But seriously almost all three elements I dreamed of what a wooden coaster could do someday have come true in the last 3 years.

2013: Wooden inversions

2016: Launch

the only thing remaining is a 90 degree or beyond drop on one of these and we have them all, and with RMC taking the first 2 I have a feeling we see the third come from them as well, and I guess that will be done in the next couple of years.

The speed coming into the big drop is much higher than the other RMC's with chain lifts. So 73 degrees might be much crazier than 85 degrees.

I'm sure they're balanced out. Going down a drop of 73° at X amount of speed will provide the same weightless sensation another coaster has going down a 85° at a slower speed.

I'm surprised nobody has commented about the lift being over 200ft tall. New era of the hyper woodie? Great job, Dollywood, and I'm hoping to make the trip there next year to ride that beast and experience that crazy quadruple down!

The speed coming into the big drop is much higher than the other RMC's with chain lifts. So 73 degrees might be much crazier than 85 degrees.

I'm sure they're balanced out. Going down a drop of 73° at X amount of speed will provide the same weightless sensation another coaster has going down a 85° at a slower speed.

El Toro is 76° and a back seat ride provides the craziest ejector air I have experienced on any coaster drop besides Maverick. I have a feeling Lightning Rod will be comparable when riding back there. Really stoked for this ride.

Yaaaaaaassssss Dollywood!!! 030

The layout is absolutely amazing... AIRTIME looks wow... Themeing is original and cool... Train is cool... 10 /10 layout!

Though I'm disappointed there are no inversions, it is PERFECT for the park and terrain! If I went to Tennessee to visit my friend (who just moved), this is a must do for me!!!

Inspired by Dolly's "curves" as usual xD

The layout is absolutely amazing... AIRTIME looks wow... Themeing is original and cool... Train is cool... 10 /10 layout!

Though I'm disappointed there are no inversions, it is PERFECT for the park and terrain! If I went to Tennessee to visit my friend (who just moved), this is a must do for me!!!

You're 14 how do you know about "curves". When I was 14, the only curves I was worried about was on my cursive writing.

You're 14 how do you know about "curves". When I was 14, the only curves I was worried about was on my cursive writing.

Or maybe she just likes the curves...

Sounds to me like you were a late bloomer. 14 year olds are obsessed with sex, I know from personal experience. Anyways, back to the topic at hand.