Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1230: Cheetah Chase launched racing slides announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby Midgetman82 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:33 pm

^That happens with almost every Hydromag, including Wildebeest. They just clear that boat of riders, and send it on the rest of the way riderless.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby palmerleeberry » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:51 am

All righty then, I've just came back from Holiday World and I got ride both Wildebeest and Mammoth and I must say that both of those water coasters are way beyond descriptions of greatness!!! Plus with how efficently the ride attendants kept the water rafts going and the lines moving must also be noted with satisfaction. The extra benefits for the single rider like myself cannot be ignored, even though I had to wait in line like everyone else for Mammoth until we came to the point where the single rider's line split with the other line, and I still had to wait until there was an opening for me to get on and ride.

With two great water coasters under their belts, and many Golden Ticket Awards they've earned, it makes you wonder what Holiday World is going to do next?

:pillow: "I don't know, so why don't you come to bed and sleep on it?"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:59 am

^ I'm truly hoping they get the Timberliner issue resolved. Not being a smart a$$ here - but I want the Voyage to be as re-rideable as it was in 2007. I still love it, and it is still one of my favorites - but I couldn't ride more than twice without having to take a break the last time I was there.

But I do want to give a HUGE Congratulations to Holiday World. It is truly a great park with wonderful employees and it is great to see them getting the accolades that they so heartily deserve.

Postby Raven Maven » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:00 am

Gee, thanks so much. (When did you last ride Voyage, if you don't mind me asking?)
Paula Werne
Holiday World Communications
HoliBlog, Facebook & HoliTwit

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:05 am

^ You are certainly welcome - you all do a wonderful job and have an amazing park! I was there in 2010. Still LOVED The Voyage, but it was getting pretty rough.

Postby Raven Maven » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:57 pm

^ Ah, so you haven't experienced the winter-of-2011/2012 track work. Really made a difference, imo.
Paula Werne
Holiday World Communications
HoliBlog, Facebook & HoliTwit

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Location: noun - a place of settlement, activity, or residence

Postby bottom_feeder_13 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:07 pm

I rode Voyage a few days ago and found the first half to be really great with some good floater airtime on the hills and the spaghetti bowl was just the perfect mix of abrupt airtime, lats and the perfect amount of roughness to let you know it was a woodie made it really just a great ride. The issue arose with the ride after it got closer to the lift hill where it had some bad vertical and lateral jackhammering causing it to become almost un-rerideable. I can't wait for the Timberliners since the PTC restraints cut into my leg when I sit normally in them. But enough complaints. Raven was awesome and was smooth and awesome in the back seat and Legend was also really great. Now Liberty Launch deserves some love, the most epic shot tower in the universe. :airtime:
RIP
Log Jammer, SFMM
1971-2011

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby Godwyn » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:09 pm

^^It made a HUGE difference! I was there for Holiwood Nights last year and this year. Last year I think I maybe rode it 3 times during the 2 day event. This year I rode it about 5 times in a row at one point (right as it started to rain and ride just got insane with airtime :br ).

It will be even better as soon as the last part gets re-tracked, as it was still a little rough.

Come one. Come all. Ride the roller coaster in my pants.

Postby SFOGdude25 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:03 pm

I was just there two days ago, and I agree that the finale of the Voyage needs some good TLC. The first half was still kicking just as good as it did at the beginning of the season, but after the block brake there was some areas that had big shuffling problems. I didn't think the jackhammering was all that bad. The trend after my ten or so rides was that I had some good thigh bruises and almost no headaches. I still absolutely love the ride, though. I grew up riding rough woodies like the Georgia Cyclone at SFOG, so I know how to minimize pain. That last ingredient in making the ride perfect is to get those timberliners up and running. Here's hoping we can FINALLY get them on the track!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Bryce232 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:54 pm

These corn mazes look incredible!
215687_10151011800289538_2094876041_n.jpg
from HW's Facebook

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!