Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1207: $5.5 million in investments planned for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Tue May 23, 2006 8:59 am

^ It IS also on the BB list of approved clubs.
Ted

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue May 23, 2006 9:35 am

I'll be at HW for both days/nights and following up at Beech Bend on Sunday with a stop at Camden Park on the drive back to New York. Sorry I don't have any TPR gear to wear, but that's OK since I won't have a camera either

Uber Designer

Postby Real » Tue May 23, 2006 3:16 pm

Well, I did have to pass it up for monetary reasons.

Plus, I heard theres like...a bajillion people registered which isnt exactly my idea of fun. I doubt they will have the three train op down pat by then (they barely were running 2 efficiently) so its safe to say itll be extremely packed.

Should be wild at night though!

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Wed May 24, 2006 6:55 am

a bajillion people registered which isnt exactly my idea of fun

I think it is so bizarre how people think that a lot of attendees is a bad thing. It is a SOCIAL EVENT! The more, the merrier.

Myself, I am looking forward to seeing a lot of great people that I might get to see about once or twice a year if I am lucky.
Ted

I taste better with A1

Postby TheStig » Wed May 24, 2006 7:17 am

Im leaving for the airport in 4 hours, Im so excited! Its going to be a fun event, even if there are like 10,000 people there! Ill make sure to take lots of photos and whatnot.

Colin C

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Jonathan » Wed May 24, 2006 8:48 am

Just two more hours at work and then I'm outta here! We're doing Holiday World all day Friday and Saturday, then the Beech Bend event Sunday, and a quick stop at Camden Park sometime Monday.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Holiday World Announces 2007 Additions

Postby Jonathan » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:24 am

http://www.holidayworld.com/new2007.html

We're stirring up lots of fun in 2007!
...starting with Bakuli, our new family water slide in Splashin' Safari. Bakuli (pronounced bah-COOL-ee) is the Swahili word for "bowl" and that is exactly where this takes you—swirling round and round in a huge, colorful bowl! Start seven stories up and climb into a four-person cloverleaf raft. You'll be launched into a very dark, very steep tunnel that's full of surprises. You know how The Voyage has three 90-degree curves? So does Bakuli!

Over the river and through the woods, in Holiday World, there's a new ride being cooked up for our Thanksgiving section. Your entire family will want to take a spin on the Turkey Whirl! This new themed tilt-a-whirl is truly fun gone a-fowl. And the only leftovers will be your laughter!

In 2007, the Plymouth Rock Café also opens in the Thanksgiving section. Make sure your family gathers together to savor the mouth-watering flavors of Thanksgiving dinner in this new cafeteria-style restaurant.

The slide looks really cool, I think.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Leaf » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:28 am

Looks very cool. On the website it says it have 90 degree turns, like on the Voyage. Is that possible?

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby mr_teisco_delrey » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:36 am

The Turkey Whirl? I can handle the themed Tilt a Whirl, but their bad puns have gotta go.

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:54 am

That slide's gonna be huge and I love the colors! So now this waterpark will have both a custom funnel slide and a custom bowl slide, very cool!
-Sean C.

FORMER DISNEYLAND ATTRACTION OP

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!