Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1207: $5.5 million in investments planned for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby Koasterking48 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:48 pm

Hey I do have to give credit to HW for adding statues of animals to the entrance of the water park. Definitely a nice touch :) Now if they do add something extra to Girrafica, water squirting elephants I.e. Aladdin's Carpets with the Camels, then that would be nice to have instead of a concrete...

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby HWFan » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:02 am

ZeroGravity55 wrote:^ Maybe some enclosed tunnels on the way to the lift and on the way back with some major themeing would help with the boredness!

A tunnel was in the original plans for the ride. I'm not sure exactly where, but at least not at the very beginning.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:14 pm

I would love to see a flaming drop added to it!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:54 pm

Holiday World has sent us a press release about its latest honor!

According to USA Today, the best water park in the nation is located in Indiana.

Splashin' Safari water parkHoliday World’s Splashin’ Safari took top honors in the newspaper's month-long online voting, which challenged fans to vote for their favorite water park from among 20 nominated for America’s “10 Best” Water Parks.

The newspaper reports tens of thousands of votes “poured in,” resulting in this Top 10 list:
1. Splashin’ Safari – Santa Claus, Indiana
2. Schlitterbahn – New Braunfels, Texas
3. Noah’s Ark – Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
4. Great Wolf Wilderness Lodge – Williamsburg, Virginia
5. Wilderness Territory – Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
6. Water World – Denver, Colorado
7. Water Country – Williamsburg, Virginia
8. Raging Waters – San Dimas, California
9. White Water Park – Branson, Missouri
10. Wet ‘n Wild Emerald Point – Greensboro, North Carolina

USA Today has a print circulation of 1.8 million and is the 62nd most visited website in the nation*.

The national newspaper lists Splashin’ Safari’s two water coasters, family water slides and wave pools, plus the park’s free soft drinks and sunscreen as outstanding features. Covering nearly 40 acres, Splashin’ Safari is one of the world’s largest water parks.

Holiday World & Splashin' Safari are open daily through August 14 with the new Hyena Falls water-slide complex. For more information, visit www.holidayworld.com or call 1-877-463-2645.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:30 pm

jedimaster1227 wrote: Covering nearly 40 acres

And the waterpark is still growing!

Seriously though, this award just goes to show how great Holiday World's PR department is.

On a side note, HW is sending out a survey tomorrow in their e-newsletter. Seems like a lot of parks have been sending out surveys recently, so I'm interested to see what it's about!

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby HWFan » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:30 am

ZeroGravity55 wrote:
jedimaster1227 wrote: Covering nearly 40 acres

On a side note, HW is sending out a survey tomorrow in their e-newsletter. Seems like a lot of parks have been sending out surveys recently, so I'm interested to see what it's about!

My guess is it won't be about future ride concepts like Six Flags, SDC, Darien Lake, etc send out to guests. It might just be about guest experience or Halloween Weekends idea. When I've been asked to take an in park survey at HW, it never asks about any specific ride types. Instead, it asks what kinds of rides/slides I would like to see. (The surveyors always seem flustered when I start naming a bunch of specific rides and manufacturers.)

When it comes to future rides at HW, they are able to keep a secret better than anyone. It's impossible to figure out until they've released it....even with a few clever, and usually punny, clues. *cough* Paula Werne *cough*

By the way, did anyone see the BuzzFeed top water rides article where they called it Graffica?

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:52 pm

HWFan wrote:My guess is it won't be about future ride concepts like Six Flags, SDC, Darien Lake, etc send out to guests. It might just be about guest experience or Halloween Weekends idea. When I've been asked to take an in park survey at HW, it never asks about any specific ride types. Instead, it asks what kinds of rides/slides I would like to see. (The surveyors always seem flustered when I start naming a bunch of specific rides and manufacturers.)

When it comes to future rides at HW, they are able to keep a secret better than anyone. It's impossible to figure out until they've released it....even with a few clever, and usually punny, clues. *cough* Paula Werne *cough*

By the way, did anyone see the BuzzFeed top water rides article where they called it Graffica?

Yeah that was basically what it was about and I expected that. I think it makes a lot of sense for them to try and improve their guest experience before they go and build a bunch of rides out on their remaining undeveloped land. Even if it's a bunch of small things like a bigger first aid building or a bigger entry plaza for Splashin' Safari. While most of us will overlook these things and wish they would build the next great coaster, these are the type of things that need to be done to allow something like the next great coaster to be built.

Oh and I can't wait for Paula to start dropping her clues! It's getting around that time of the year.

Postby Vonni » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:45 am

I really hope the 2014 addition will be something for the dry park

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby coastercrazy216 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:58 am

^I think that is how a lot of people feel, especially since it has been seven years since Voyage.

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:05 am

coastercrazy216 wrote:^I think that is how a lot of people feel, especially since it has been seven years since Voyage.

In 2012, They added Sparkler
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!