Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1207: $5.5 million in investments planned for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby Midgetman82 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:29 am

triggernel wrote:Will we see another one for 2013? 12 person boats? ;)

Wow! They'd have to link them together into trains! The day water parks start doing that, I'll be very happy!

As for Mammoth, I can agree that Mammoth is something that you want to sprint to right away first thing when the water park opens. Right after ERT during this year's Holiwood Nights, I saw people speed-walking (near to jogging) their wat to the back corner of the park to be first on Mammoth.

I will also add that I would not mind waiting an hour to get on Mammoth. Seriously, I liked it that much! It's not intense as it is all around fun! It also get's you "stupid" wet! Much more than any of the other slides in the park, which is sort of hard to explain.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Come one. Come all. Ride the roller coaster in my pants.

Postby SFOGdude25 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:07 am

Remember, though. Mammoth has a single rider line! I discovered this when I was at the park last month. I rode wildebeest first (NO ONE in line, awesome!), then took the single rider line on Mammoth, in which there was only one other person in line. I skipped what looked to be a 40ish minute wait! It was sweet!

Postby Raven Maven » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:28 am

The "Forward Fliers" aren't going to make an appearance this season, if ever, sorry ... we've brought in more Round Spinners to keep us running at highest capacity possible.

Backstory: The FFs were designed to accommodate those who might need additional, um ... rump room. The seats on the Round Spinners looked a little confining. Turns out that hasn't been a problem, though (that I've heard of, anyway). The FFs needed more design work - so we concentrated on the Round Spinners for this season.

Thanks, Paula
Paula Werne
Holiday World Communications
HoliBlog, Facebook & HoliTwit

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am

Paula,

Thanks for the story behind your decision. ;)

Has anyone stuck one of the Wildebeest rafts on Mammoth, or are they not compatible?

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:59 am

Those things are way too skinny to be used on Mammoth. Mammoth is a much larger flume.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:36 pm

I'd be more concerned about the fact that they weigh probably a third; they'd be thrown right off the slide.

So in conclusion, on a mid 90's on Monday, the dry park should be dead the whole day, the water park will be pretty crowded, Mammoth and Wildebeest will have hour waits with the rest of the big slides around 20-30 minutes. Sound close?
Snoochie Boochie

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ilrider » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:42 pm

We are going to HW for the first time next week. Sounds like Mammoth gets a crowd quickly being new, but I know its capacity is a bit higher than that of Wildebeest. So, what would be the better, more efficient plan of attack when the waterpark opens for the morning, Mammoth then Wildebeest, or Wildebeest then Mammoth? We only have one day in the park, so we're trying to avoid long lines as best as possible.

We will probably not use the single rider line due to our large fanily. Thanks in advance for any input!
[img]
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://
[Image
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/fe606e4d7df6bd8b82f92c697d3b438b.jpg[/img][/url]

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:02 pm

Holiday World has sent us a press release regarding their latest accolade, this time from Consumers Digest.

One of the nation’s leading consumer magazines names Holiday World & Splashin' Safari the country’s “Top Value Park” in its latest issue.

Consumers Digest’s July/August edition features a section titled “Best-Value Amusement Parks.” The article, which includes a photo of the new Mammoth water coaster, called Holiday World’s roller coasters “world class” and listed the park’s top “bank for the buck” perks as the free soft drinks program, free sunscreen, free parking, free Wi-Fi, and no extra charge for Splashin' Safari admission.

Consumers Digest’s nation-wide circulation is just under 1.3 million.

Meanwhile, Voyage was named the nation's "most insane" wooden roller coaster on the premiere of Travel Channel’s “Insane Coaster Wars: Splintering Speedsters” this week. The 1.2-mile Voyage had been pitted against Kings Island’s iconic Beast, plus coasters at Dollywood and Six Flags in the half-hour show. The show airs again tonight at 10pm CT and Sunday at 8:30pm and 11:30pm CT.

For more information about the parks, also named the #1 Water Park in the Nation by TripAdvisor.com, visit HolidayWorld.com or call 1-877-Go-Family.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby palmerleeberry » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:16 am

:br Wow, way to go, Hoilday World!!!

To celebrate this achievement, I'll be there for two days riding anything I can find, water side or dry side. ;)

:pillow:"I wish you would stay in bed for two days. Think of all the fun we can have together."

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby lake » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:28 pm

SFOGdude25 wrote:Remember, though. Mammoth has a single rider line! I discovered this when I was at the park last month. I rode wildebeest first (NO ONE in line, awesome!), then took the single rider line on Mammoth, in which there was only one other person in line. I skipped what looked to be a 40ish minute wait! It was sweet!

The problem is that the line often extends past the single ride line entrance. You have to wait in the line for the line to get in the line. :lmao:

Also, when I was at the park, in a 2 hour period, Mammoth got stuck 2 times. Not sure if this is normal or it was having problems that day.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!