Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1207: $5.5 million in investments planned for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby Invertalon » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:11 pm

I know this has been said or joked about before, but I just have to say it...

What will open first...

Flying Turns or The Voyage with Timberliners??

On a serious note, this will delay my return trip back to HW another year... Love the park, but I am waiting until those trains are on those tracks before I drive 8hrs to go ride it. Loved it opening year, but 2 years later when I rode it... Got quite bad (and I dig aggressive rides... Love Wildcat, the old Raging Wolf Bob's (old track/trains <3 ) , etc..

Hopefully 2013 is the year!
-Steve

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby palmerleeberry » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:21 pm

While I'm disappointed that the Timberliner trains won't be running on Voyager, It'll still won't stop me from attending Holiday World this year. I will have four new rides to conquer: Sparkler, The Pilgrim's Plunge, The Wilderbeest, and the Mammoth, plus riding Raven, The Legend, and The Rough Riders.

Mammoth looked so long, anyone wonder how long the ride will take because it doesn't look like it'll be over in seconds?

:pillow: "I've got a better question: anybody wonder how long he's going to posting on this site until he joins me in bed?"

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:01 pm

Holiday World has sent us a press release regarding their upcoming "Rock the World" Christian Music Fest.

Hoosier native Jeremy Camp will headline Holiday World’s “Rock the World” Christian Music Fest in August. The Grammy-nominated artist will be joined on the main stage by Tenth Avenue North and BarlowGirl.

“Our guests have asked us to host a Christian music festival for a number of years,” says the park’s president, Dan Koch. “We’re bringing in three nationally renowned bands and are also providing a venue for performances by popular regional bands.”

Online auditions for regional bands begin today and will be held through April 30 on this website: http://www.sonicbids.com/RocktheWorld2012. The seven selected regional bands will perform in Holiday World during the day of the festival, with one band selected to also perform on the main stage that evening.

After the park closes for the day, Rock the World’s main stage performances will begin, headlined by Grammy-nominated Jeremy Camp. The Hoosier native has more than a dozen number-one Christian music hits to his credit. Dove Award winner Tenth Avenue North plus Dove Award nominee BarlowGirl will complete the night’s line-up.

Rock the World Christian Music Fest will be held on Saturday, August 25. Information about tickets for the event, including premium-access tickets, is available at http://HolidayWorld.com/RockTheWorld.

Holiday World opens for the season on May 5; both parks will be open daily beginning May 11 with the debut of Mammoth, the world’s longest water coaster. For more information, visit the parks’ website at http://www.HolidayWorld.com or call 1-877-463-2645.
RocktheWorld-logo.jpg
6798891876_425652e872_z.jpg
6798891890_a5ebfc98d0_z.jpg
6945004665_963afba1c5_z.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby imawesome1124 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:20 pm

I've never heard of any of these bands, and I'm a HUGE Christian rock fan. If they were bands like Skillet, Red, Disciple, or Thousand Foot Krutch, then that might make me want to go. I'd much rather go to Kingsfest at KD where the bands there are actually bands I've heard of.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby megametal » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:30 pm

Well, two of the above aren't even rock bands, but more contemporary christian artists. BarlowGirl could be considered christian rock though, and have been pretty popular for about six years or so, though I'm not a fan.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Jeremy Camp is a great Christian artist.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Yeah, not at all my kind of Christian music. I'm sure it will be a great event for the park, though.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Uber Designer

Postby Real » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:16 am

imawesome1124 wrote:I've never heard of any of these bands, and I'm a HUGE Christian rock fan. If they were bands like Skillet, Red, Disciple, or Thousand Foot Krutch, then that might make me want to go. I'd much rather go to Kingsfest at KD where the bands there are actually bands I've heard of.

Never heard of Jeremy Camp? Hes huge...lol. Look at the christian music charts, youll find Camps name all over it. Hes a bit softer though so if you focus on only the harder rock you might not hear him.

But yea I think Ill still be going down there this year. Not sure if Ill be there for Holiwood Nights or not but Ill be there this year.

Come one. Come all. Ride the roller coaster in my pants.

Postby SFOGdude25 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:04 pm

HW's Facebook
Mammoth has begun testing. This shows how truely BIG this slide is. It should be fun!
mammoth.jpg

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby palmerleeberry » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:17 pm

^That is one interesting looking raft; I don't think I've ever saw a raft like that on any big raft ride ( mind you, I've seen the cloverleaf raft and the "kiddie pool" raft). Unless I'm mistaken, Mammoth must be the first water slide in history to use a special raft like that.

I cannot wait to go to Holiday World so I can ride this "one-of-a-kind" attraction.

:pillow:"Oh yeah? I cannot wait until you get off this site and come to bed.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!