TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
^So is it banked more than it used to be? It still has that little hop coming out of the turn, so it's tough to tell what the difference is.

Looks like the drop is smoothed out a bit and not as far down (could be the angle of the pictures I've seen of before/after though) as it seems to be a bit higher over the ground...

I've not ridden the coaster, but seen PoVs and it seemed like it hauled ass in this section... my guess would be that the weight of the trains coupled with the speed they're going just tore apart the first section of the turn...

^^We aren't talking about differences in the layout, we are talking about differences in vertical construction, which was the intent behind the change here in the first place.

Also, what is going on with the opposite banked turn before the 90*? That's what I've been most curious about and it doesn't seem like any pictures are showing what's going on there...

I've not ridden the coaster, but seen PoVs and it seemed like it hauled A$$ in this section... my guess would be that the weight of the trains coupled with the speed they're going just tore apart the first section of the turn...

The whole ride hauled ass with the exception of the brake run.

Edited by Skycoastin Steve

They are only retracking, there should be no difference in the layout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K36iWnSaOEQ&feature=plcp&context=C35f728bUDOEgsToPDskIXfQ6JCdQkuWjUXMFO76KY

No theres significant difference for the enthusiast. For a common person they wont notice but as soon as the bents went up I saw that they raised the helix up about 5-10ft somewhere in there. Then on top of that the banking was changed and the hill entering the turnaround and the hill exiting (before the outer banked hill) are altered slightly. Its more like...extreme re-tracking. Its following the same overall top-down outline but its definitely changing more than just a re-track.

Yea so do I. You can see the weirdly banked hill just before this one. I think this section will feel more fluid because it was the only part of the ride where there was this awkward pause in the track design. It worked, but it felt odd. This will flow nicely!

It appears they have taken a lot of the banking out, though. I'm disappointed because that was one of my favorite parts of the ride nobody ever makes things unusually banked like that, it was really unique. (I could be wrong, the picture is at a pretty weird angle.) I'm going to miss the old spaghetti bowl, but I always welcome improvements to a rough coaster.

It appears they have taken a lot of the banking out, though. I'm disappointed because that was one of my favorite parts of the ride nobody ever makes things unusually banked like that, it was really unique. (I could be wrong, the picture is at a pretty weird angle.) I'm going to miss the old spaghetti bowl, but I always welcome improvements to a rough coaster.

I watched a video a few weeks ago interviewing someone from Gravity Group and he said that no one is going to really notice the subtle changes except for maybe the die hard fans that have ridden it hundreds of times. From what I got, the changes are to help improve track quality by limiting negative forces the beat the track to sh*t as well making the adjustments necessary to run the Timberliners. I say more power to them!

I'm liking the efforts the park is taking to address an area of Voyage that has been reported to be rather rough in spots. And I'm sure the Timberliners, when finished, will help immensely.

Also, I've admittedly never been a huge waterpark fan, but with these water coasters like Mammoth, that may have to change!!

• 2 weeks later...