TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^I've been wondering if it has to do with the time of year: Does Voyage run better in the spring than in the summer? My good rides were in April 2009, and my bad rides in August 2010.

I have to assume this is the case. They do a really good job of retracking during the off season, but the ride is so intense that I think by the end of the season the coaster has probably torn itself up again and is rough.

I've visited Holiday World twice, both times at the beginning of the season. Both times I've absolutely loved the Voyage, it's actually in my top 3. But then I see reports from TPR, who always go late in the season, and they just bash the ride.

I've never had a bad ride on the thing, but all of my visits to the park have been on opening weekends. I'm sure that it probably feels a lot different when August rolls around.

• 2 weeks later...
Wasn't there also a raft with 5 rows of 2 for a total of 10 people? Was that just a concept for the model in general? Or is this slide going to have 2 different raft styles going at the same time?

Holiday World did a poll awhile back asking whether people want to ride the round tubes, the forward tubes, or both. Not sure what the out come of that poll was.

That's weird. I didn't think they would change it that much. My favorite part of that was how low to the ground it was...It also looks like they'll be changing the banking after that completely, which was also one of my favorite parts of the ride...I'll have to ride this again this year to see

SO thankful the Holiday World team is fixing the valleys on the first two drops. I love me some Voyage - still probably my favorite woodie - but when I rode it at last year's Holiwood Nights, it became pretty unbearable after a few rides. So sad. Having such fond memories of how it rode opening year- how ABSOLUTELY blown away I was by it- I commend HW for their commitment to maintain upkeep and improvements on such an amazing ride. Crossing fingers I'll be in the backseat on some shiny new Timberliners this year.

When I get home I can post a picture that shows the before pretty clearly. I had a chance to take a panorama on a walkback to the very back of the site with Michael Graham.

Personally, I dont think its going to alter the ride quality much. You wont dip down and pick up a ton of speed but really you didnt pick up THAT much speed anyways. I think this will make the ride last longer and I have no doubt that the guys at TGG will keep that section as insane and fun as possible.

Im betting its banked slightly more since it has a flat trajectory. But glad the outerbanked hill is still there.

^Agreed, I don't think speed will be much different. I just liked the effect of being right up next to the ground during that turn. I'm thinking the hill before the 'outer banked' hill is what they're changing the most; taking a lot of banking out and adding the 0:00.10 of airtime so it appears more like an airtime hill rather than a weird banked bump.