Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1207: $5.5 million in investments planned for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Cubs/Colts Fan

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby spaceace12 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:08 pm

Hayzle wrote:Is the Timberliner project still a go, or is it on an indefinite hold for right now. Sorry if that seems insensitive but I am curious about what is going on with the project. :|

I asked this question on the FB page and Paula didn't know anything when I asked her (asked her for an update). I imagine with the two ptc's gone already it is still a go, but maybe a bit slowed down due to Will's passing.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:17 am

http://www.indystar.com/article/20100701/BUSINESS/100701002/Holiday-World-has-app-to-go-with-the-map

Indiana-based Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is the latest amusement park in the country to give iPhone users a way to stay interactive -- using an app instead of just a fold-out map.

The theme park in Santa Claus, Ind., said today that its "Holiday World & More" application is available free in the iTunes App Store. (The app also is available as a mobile site for use on other smart-phones, using the address: http://m.holidayworld.com)

Visitors can learn the speed of a roller coaster or height of a water slide, where to find the nearest funnel cake or the closest location for free soft drinks.

“We’re really excited to launch our own iPhone app,” says park general manager Matt Eckert, in a news release. “I think the coolest part is the interactive map. It literally provides a ‘you are here’ perspective, along with the ability to find other members of your party who are also using the app.”

In April, U.S. theme park operator Six Flags launched an app called Fun Finder. The map feature uses the built-in GPS capability to show park patrons their current location.

Schlitterbahn Waterparks also has an app that features a multitude of timely digital amenities -- such as where the closest bathroom is to the user.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:41 am

Just getting caught up on all of my park news after being offline for the last three weeks on the TPR UK and Europe Tours...

Any news on the Timberliners on Voyage?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Emiroo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:59 am

I can confirm that as of last Friday (7/2) Voyage was still running PTCs and a Timberliner was still sitting on the transfer tracks loaded with water dummies...

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby itsasamccormick » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:00 am

It sounds like they are just waiting for the second train to arrive& be tested, because they have been testing that one well over a month.

Wisconsin Dells Fanatic

Postby traincrossin » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:30 pm

I haven't heard anything from Holiday World about the new Timberliners. This is the latest from their Facebook page.
Bailey: when are the timberline trains for the Voyage getting put in?
Holiday World & Splashin' Safari: Sorry, we don't know yet.

I have heard a rumor that they won't be ready until August though. Like any new product, they are running into a couple problems, specifically the suspension. Again, just a rumor that i've heard.
13 - Gatekeeper
14 - Millennium Force

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby ajc47 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:01 pm

At least those trains are working better than Facebook is at the moment.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Hayzle » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:35 pm

I feel as though Holiday World has really been putting this project on the back burner since the tragic loss of Mr. Koch and I really don't blame them. I hope they will be ready soon for the sake of everyone, but if the cars are either dangerous or not running correctly I agree with them working on them longer.
I conquered the lazer snake dive loop of flaming death

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby ajc47 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:44 pm

I'm sure it won't be long. Holiday World is not Cedar Fair.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:45 am

traincrossin wrote:I haven't heard anything from Holiday World about the new Timberliners. This is the latest from their Facebook page.
Bailey: when are the timberline trains for the Voyage getting put in?
Holiday World & Splashin' Safari: Sorry, we don't know yet.

I have heard a rumor that they won't be ready until August though. Like any new product, they are running into a couple problems, specifically the suspension. Again, just a rumor that i've heard.

Well, good thing that these trains aren't an Intamin product otherwise people would just be unfairly bashing them like crazy. ;)

--Robb

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!