Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1207: $5.5 million in investments planned for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!
 
Posts: 175
Joined: 28 Jul 2012
Gender: None specified

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby Arrow Dynamics fan » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:37 pm

Any chance for an adult steel coaster anytime soon?
Nothing is definite until Six Flags officially announces it. Just like the purchase of my season pass and season parking. Not to be taken for granted.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.
User avatar
 
Posts: 5744
Joined: 03 Oct 2007
Location: KY -> Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Age: 25

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby DBru » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:28 pm

^Yes.

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".
User avatar
 
Posts: 2826
Joined: 08 Sep 2012
Location: On my laptop
Gender: Male

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby Woodie Warrior » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Voyage just came in 2nd at the Golden Ticket Awards. That sucks, it's the best woodie in my opinion, but I've never been on El Toro.
I will always :lover: the Voyage, because it gives the best :airtimer: PERIOD
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Bonafide Donkey Expert
User avatar
 
Posts: 1053
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: MA
Gender: Male
Age: 34

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby ahecht » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:41 pm

The Voyage may have been the best woodie in the past, but it's seen better days.
Last edited by ahecht on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:44 pm.
Image
DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

.
User avatar
 
Posts: 12733
Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Location: Like, The Valley OMG
Gender: Male
Age: 36

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby Wes » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:41 pm

Woodie Warrior wrote:Voyage just came in 2nd at the Golden Ticket Awards. That sucks, it's the best woodie in my opinion, but I've never been on El Toro.


Haha oh man how do opinions like this exist??

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!
User avatar
 
Posts: 867
Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Location: Natrona Heights, PA
Gender: Male
Age: 39

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby PhantomNick » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:01 am

Woodie Warrior wrote:but I've never been on El Toro.


^ I think that's exactly how those types of opinions exist! ;)
I would rather be off riding coasters!

Steel Top 5 - (1) Steel Vengeance (2) Skyrush (3) Fury 325 (4) Millennium Force (5-tie) Phantom's Revenge (5-tie) Maverick
Wood Top 5 - (1) El Toro (2) Phoenix (3) Voyage (4) Ravine Flyer II (5) Shivering Timbers

Image

Open Up Happiness
User avatar
 
Posts: 8291
Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Location: Orlando, Florida
Gender: Male
Age: 28

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Holiday World has sent us a press release about its latest honor from the Golden Ticket awards.

Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari’s two water coasters took top honors during this weekend’s Golden Ticket Awards ceremony, held at Dollywood theme park.

For the third year in a row, Holiday World’s Wildebeest water coaster was named the World’s #1 Waterpark Ride. This top honor was announced by Amusement Today magazine, which presented the results of its annual survey of the “best of the best” in the amusement park industry during the annual Golden Ticket Awards ceremony.

In addition, Holiday World’s new water coaster, Mammoth, was named the Best New Waterpark Ride of 2012. Mammoth, the world’s longest water coaster, was lauded by park guests and news media alike this season, with coverage on the Travel Channel, CNN.com, ABCNews.com, the Los Angeles Times, plus Forbes and Wired magazines.

“With so many amazing rides around the world, it’s an incredible honor to have our Mammoth and Wildebeest named the very best,” says Holiday World & Splashin' Safari’s president, Dan Koch.

For the thirteenth consecutive year, Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari were named the #1 Cleanest Park, outranking such parks as Disney World, Kings Island, Dollywood, and Cedar Point.

“For this award, we thank our wonderful Hosts and Hostesses,” says Koch. “They worked together all summer long in record heat to keep our parks clean.”

Amusement Today is an international monthly trade journal for the amusement and water park industries, based in Arlington, Texas. The Golden Ticket Awards are determined by surveys submitted by well-traveled park enthusiasts from around the world.

Holiday World will reopen to the public for six additional weekends starting Saturday, September 22, including the new Happy Halloween Weekends event during October. For more information, visit the parks’ website at HolidayWorld.com or call 1-877-463-2645.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Image

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".
User avatar
 
Posts: 2826
Joined: 08 Sep 2012
Location: On my laptop
Gender: Male

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby Woodie Warrior » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:08 pm

jedimaster1227 wrote:Holiday World has sent us a press release about its latest honor from the Golden Ticket awards.

Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari’s two water coasters took top honors during this weekend’s Golden Ticket Awards ceremony, held at Dollywood theme park.

For the third year in a row, Holiday World’s Wildebeest water coaster was named the World’s #1 Waterpark Ride. This top honor was announced by Amusement Today magazine, which presented the results of its annual survey of the “best of the best” in the amusement park industry during the annual Golden Ticket Awards ceremony.

In addition, Holiday World’s new water coaster, Mammoth, was named the Best New Waterpark Ride of 2012. Mammoth, the world’s longest water coaster, was lauded by park guests and news media alike this season, with coverage on the Travel Channel, CNN.com, ABCNews.com, the Los Angeles Times, plus Forbes and Wired magazines.

“With so many amazing rides around the world, it’s an incredible honor to have our Mammoth and Wildebeest named the very best,” says Holiday World & Splashin' Safari’s president, Dan Koch.

For the thirteenth consecutive year, Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari were named the #1 Cleanest Park, outranking such parks as Disney World, Kings Island, Dollywood, and Cedar Point.

“For this award, we thank our wonderful Hosts and Hostesses,” says Koch. “They worked together all summer long in record heat to keep our parks clean.”

Amusement Today is an international monthly trade journal for the amusement and water park industries, based in Arlington, Texas. The Golden Ticket Awards are determined by surveys submitted by well-traveled park enthusiasts from around the world.

Holiday World will reopen to the public for six additional weekends starting Saturday, September 22, including the new Happy Halloween Weekends event during October. For more information, visit the parks’ website at HolidayWorld.com or call 1-877-463-2645.

Love how they don't mention Voyage getting #2 on the wooden list.
But whatever, congrats on the water park wins.
I got to visit this year and while Mammoth was fun, Wildebeast had an out-of-control feeling. It felt more like a coaster.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

.
User avatar
 
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Dec 2005
Location: Santa Claus, Indiana
Gender: Female

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby Raven Maven » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:40 am

Woodie Warrior wrote:Love how they don't mention Voyage getting #2 on the wooden list.


If we included the categories in which we placed second, it would be wooden coaster, water park and friendliest (oh, plus Raven was #8 and Legend #18, etc.). We decided to stick with the actual Golden Tickets for the news release rather than list every mention we received.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:09 am.
Paula Werne
Holiday World Communications
HoliBlog, Facebook & HoliTwit
Image

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!
User avatar
 
Posts: 868
Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Location: Bridgewater, VA
Gender: Male
Age: 51

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby palmerleeberry » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:26 pm

After visiting Holiday World in Late July, I must commend them for keeping such a fine water park. My only gripe about it: I got so wet from riding both Wilderbeest and Mammoth that my wristwatch shorted out (it did say "water resistant", but I guess it wasn't "water-proof"). So I'll keep my wristwatch inside the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo on future trips.

So, Holiday World, you won several Golden Ticket awards, got some great roller coaster and some great water coasters, plus some excellent rides and shows; the next question is - what are you going to do next?

:pillow: "I don't know, so why don't you come here and sleep on me for a while?"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron