Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1207: $5.5 million in investments planned for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby Woodie Warrior » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:04 pm

If they were to be setting up across the street from the park or back in that area behind Thanksgiving would we even be able to see any construction yet?
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:37 pm

GrapesLie wrote:Whatever Holiday World does it will be awesome! I doubt we will see a coaster in 2014 though no ground work or markings at this point make it unlikely. Maybe 2015?

I agree. I was hoping for 2014, but I think you are probably right. Its most likely going to be 2015 before we see a new coaster constructed.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:45 am

GrapesLie wrote:Whatever Holiday World does it will be awesome! I doubt we will see a coaster in 2014 though no ground work or markings at this point make it unlikely. Maybe 2015?

If I had to guess, I bet they add some major water ride out by Hyena Falls. Hyena Falls is quite far from the rest of the waterpark, even though Giraffica is right next to it. They said the projects were going to be big for the next three years. So my money is on something very initiative/never seen before from ProSlide. Definitely would make the walk out to Hyena Falls more worth it and would stretch out the waterpark. Which would hopefully make it seem not as crowded during mid-July/early-August.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:56 am

To me it looks like the only thing the water park lacks is some major thrill slides.
A set of four aqua loops would be great for them, as they are quite popular even with kids, not just grown ups.

Or maybe we could see Proslide's first set of four superloops.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:55 am

Can you not access Pilgrims Plunge (Giraffica, sorry its going to be hard to call it that) from the dry park anymore?

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:20 am

^
I believe you still can. The park website says you can ride it in street clothes or swimsuits.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Koasterking48 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:12 pm

Vonni wrote:Can you not access Pilgrims Plunge (Giraffica, sorry its going to be hard to call it that) from the dry park anymore?

It's officially part of the water park. There is a new entrance to Splashin Safari right where Girrafica is located. Technically you can wear shorts and a shirt on most (if not, all) of their water slides.
_koppen wrote:To me it looks like the only thing the water park lacks is some major thrill slides.
A set of four aqua loops would be great for them, as they are quite popular even with kids, not just grown ups.

Or maybe we could see Proslide's first set of four superloops.
Well, the Wildebeest and Mammoth are pretty thrilling in theirselves. Don't get me wrong as I would love a body slide of some sort, but I just doubt it will happen. Again, I really have no idea what HW has in store for 2014/15.
Last edited by Koasterking48 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:16 pm.

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:28 am

I sure can't wait to see what happens. Apparently there's a number of rides (flats mostly) I haven't ridden yet and need to, along with the new Hyena Falls, so I need to get back out to the park again before this summer's over.

Also, Wildebeest and Mammoth are pretty thrilling in my book.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:50 am

Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby Raven Maven » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:55 am

Vonni wrote:Can you not access Pilgrims Plunge (Giraffica, sorry its going to be hard to call it that) from the dry park anymore?

Yes, you still can - from just north of Plymouth Rock Cafe.
Paula Werne
Holiday World Communications
HoliBlog, Facebook & HoliTwit

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!