Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1230: Cheetah Chase launched racing slides announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:48 pm

Definitely put me in the category of somebody who is super excited about this addition to Holiday World! Splashin' Safari was already my favorite water park due to their existing water coasters, so this just makes it even more amazing! I guess I won't say more here until it's "TPR Official", but I'm definitely pumped for going on this when I'm there again for Holliwood Nights with my kids next year! :D

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mike240SX » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:01 pm

Definitely digging the Dreamcast-era graphics on the trailer LOL.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:12 pm

Holiday World has announced their new launched racing slides attraction called Cheetah Chase, opening in 2020! Check out all of the exciting details about this new addition below!

https://www.holidayworld.com/rides/cheetah-chase/

Cheetah-Chase-Header-2000x1600.jpg

Who will be the fastest? Race against your family and friends on the world’s first launched water coaster!

Holiday World’s third water coaster will feature two ProSlide RocketBLAST®-powered racing slides totaling more than 1700 feet of track. Riders will experience a water-powered flat launch before racing against their families toward the finish line.

The ride features the first-ever head-to-head dueling zone on a water coaster, as well as two other RallyPOINTS™ where rafts will synchronize with one another. Each side also features two FlyingSAUCER® elements—which create “a faster and tighter ride with stronger g-forces,” as well as “maximum curving speed and centrifugal force,” according to the manufacturer, ProSlide.

Ride Facts
Height limit: 42” to ride with a supervising companion; 48” to ride alone
Type: RocketBLAST water coaster
Opening: 2020
Length: Left: 851, Right 852 (Total 1,703 feet)
Highest BLAST: 27 feet
RocketBLAST sections: 5
Top Speed: 30 feet/second
Boats: Three-person toboggan-style with seatbacks
Designer: ProSlide Technology Inc., Ontario, Canada

Tips For Your Visit
  • Cheetah Chase does not have any slide-tower stairs, so it’s accessible to folks who have difficulty with stairs.
  • Is air-time only for roller coasters? Ha! Ride Cheetah Chase for that tickle-your-tummy feeling on a water coaster!
  • Cheetah Chase is Holiday World’s third water Coaster. Check out Mammoth and Wildebeest, the world’s two longest water coasters, while you’re visiting Splashin’ Safari.
  • There’s no time to admire the scenery once you leave the station: Cheetah Chase is the world’s first launched water coaster!
  • This attraction is not recommended for Guests who have high blood pressure, back or neck condition, recent surgery, injury, or illness, are pregnant, prone to motion sickness or dizziness, heart condition, or a fear of heights.
  • Guests wearing neck braces, full arm casts that cover the elbow, or full leg casts that cover the knee may not ride.
Cheetah-Chase-01.jpg
Cheetah-Chase-02.jpg
Cheetah-Chase-03.jpg
Cheetah-Chase-04.jpg
Cheetah-Chase-05.jpg
Cheetah-Chase-06.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:00 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:12 pm

Looks like it should be a lot of fun! Great addition.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:16 pm

CoasterAuditor wrote:
WolfBobs wrote:Just checked it out on youtube. Looks like a fantastic addition to the waterpark! Awesome theme, colors and such a cool concept.

Now.. Cedar Point, it's time for CPS to get a water coaster!

It's time for Cedar Fair to explore water coasters in general.....

Oh but they have! They already have one in their chain of properties . . .
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:25 pm

This looks amazing! Cant wait to get back to holiday world in the coming years!
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:27 pm

I love the interaction it has with the walkways and lazy river! This should help balance out the crowds as every one wont be hanging around the wave pool anymore.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:29 pm

I figured this would go in the Pilgrim's Plunge/Giraffica spot, but this looks to be on the other side of Voyage.

The saucer turns are great for holding speed, so this should be great for a racing slide.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

Postby bert425 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:40 pm

that's kinda cool that there's a waterslide with some almost "high five" moments.

not a waterpark person, but this really looks like fun.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby jconsolmagno » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:47 pm

Any idea what the expected capacity is on the new slide combo? I fear it will be putrid.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!