Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1207: $5.5 million in investments planned for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:49 am

Legend was easily the smoothest of the woodies in my visit on Memorial Day weekend. I loved that ride. I could see how the intense laterals could get uncomfortable, but it wasn't rough.

Voyage was a bit of an endurance test on that return run unless you were in the very front, but I still loved that ride. Raven was the roughest of the three like you noted, but even still I still found it very reridable.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Galaxyland & World Waterpark

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby FilmoreISnAZN » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:01 pm

I've gone to Holiday World for the past three seasons. One of my good friends (who frequents this thread often and will most likely see this comment CALLING U OUT) is a Ride Ops Manager. From what I understand, Holiday World does annual maintenance on all of the woodies every off-season and I can confirm that Voyage is AMAZING at the start of the season that it became my top wooden. I went to HoWo nearer the end of the season for the first time a few weeks ago and the latter half had gotten so bad that Legend became my favorite in the park. If you want to ride THE Voyage, try to get to the park at the start of the season.

Postby prozach626 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:17 am

^I'm sure all of the wooden coasters get necessary during the off season. This is pretty much standard for all parks. However, people have been complaining about Raven since early in the season. The complaints about Legend and Voyage are hit or miss, but also fairly consistent.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby EliHorton » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:05 am

What all do you guys think Holiday World is going to be announcing next Tuesday?

Postby coasterbill » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:32 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Voyage was a bit of an endurance test on that return run unless you were in the very front

I thought Voyage was the only good wood coaster in the park but I also sat in the very front row since I assumed (after riding the other two) that it would be awful and was trying to hedge my bet. Maybe that explains it. :lol:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:58 am

Even the back on Voyage wasn't too bad. It was on par with Boulder Dash. Granted after the rides you got on Boulder Dash this year, I know that doesn't inspire confidence in you.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Galaxyland & World Waterpark

Postby coasterbill » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:59 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Even the back on Voyage wasn't too bad. It was on par with Boulder Dash. Granted after the rides you got on Boulder Dash this year, I know that doesn't inspire confidence in you.

:lol: I've ridden Boulder Dash a lot and enjoyed it every other time so it sounds like that was just a freak thing. I'll totally ride it again next time I go to Lake Compounce (which could be awhile).

Postby Vonni » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:26 pm

EliHorton wrote:What all do you guys think Holiday World is going to be announcing next Tuesday?

I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with the Thanksgiving section due to the timing of the announcement

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby bluestreak » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:37 am

Here's the announcement!
https://www.holidayworld.com/holiblog/2017/11/21/38562/

New slides, wave pool, more for 2018
Holiday World to add Tembo Falls, Tembo Tides, and more

SANTA CLAUS, IND.—–Christmas comes early in the town of Santa Claus as Holiday World announces a package full of goodies for their 2018 season.

“We’re adding a fun elephant-themed water-play area for younger children,” says park president Matt Eckert. “When we discovered the Swahili word for elephant is Tembo, we named our new slide complex Tembo Falls and the junior wave pool Tembo Tides.”

Holiday World will invest a total of $3.5 million in new attractions and other improvements for 2018, including:

Tembo Falls – a water slide complex with eight junior slides, including twisters, a helix, a mini-bowl, and two racing slides
Tembo Tides – a junior wave pool plus spray features for younger children
Huge Themed Maze for Happy Halloween Weekends
All new entertainment, including a stunt show, musical magic show, and strolling brass band
Track improvements for The Voyage, the world’s second-longest wooden roller coaster
Riverside Retreats – mini cabanas in Splashin’ Safari
Electric Car Charging Station

“Tembo Falls and Tembo Tides are designed for children who are under 54 inches tall,” says Eckert, “but their older siblings and parents are welcome to enjoy the slides and wave pool with them.”
HW.JPG
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:39 am.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:24 am

I love the idea of a junior wave pool. Kids love those, but the water can be too deep for them. This would allow the kids to play while parents relax, which is not at all possible with a normal wave pool. Plus more of the Safari Sam's Splashland type slides is always welcome. Most enthusiasts are going to pan this, but for those of us with kids who love Splashin' Safari, this is pretty exciting.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!