TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Guess we are making a day trip from St Louis tomorrow to have one last chance at the water park for the summer. Still going to be a bit chilly in the am but looks like the temps should be warming up for the afternoon. Hope the water's not too chilly after the hurricane rain you got yesterday.

I was wondering if we should have an announcement for 2018 soon, but then I realized that Firecracker wasn't announced until late October last year so it seems there is still time before an announcement may be happening.

Well slightly chilly (by water park standards) temps and partly cloudy kept no one away, lol. It was pretty packed at Splashin Safari and I'm guessing they have the usual post school start water park/pool issues with not enough staff as a couple things were shut down. Lines were averaging a good 30-45 min. OF course it was a holiday weekend, not complaining, I knew it was a risk. But I think if we make any day trips next year, which is a 6 hr round trip we will make sure to go on a weekday to get the most bang for our buck; so to speak.

Rode the 4 coasters before we left. Took us about 2 hours to get all 4 in between 4 pm and 6 pm. And then the boy waxed poetic about Thunderbird. All. The. Way. Home.

Did see 2 things I've never seen before. Wildebeest valleyed. Twice. They had to shut it down, evacuate the stuck , and evacuate the stuck raft. And somehow a woman managed to be on one of the rafts in between the get off and get on point. Where only the boats go under the little gate. I haven't a clue how she managed that, walked up to get in line as they were hauling her but out with a ladder and everyone in line was clapping.

Valleying on a water coaster's not super uncommon, but the one of the woman still on the boat between the unload/load stations... that's a first!

Glad to hear he enjoyed Thunderbird. I certainly love that coaster to the moon and back, too!

So does anybody know when Holiday World restocks their online store? I want to buy a new Holiday World sweatshirt. I bought a maroon one last December and I just outgrew it. It was great, maroon and gold are my school colors so I would wear the sweatshirt and wear a maroon Converse on my left foot and a gold one on my right.

Valleying on a water coaster's not super uncommon, but the one of the woman still on the boat between the unload/load stations... that's a first!

Glad to hear he enjoyed Thunderbird. I certainly love that coaster to the moon and back, too!

I asked several people in line if they saw how it happened, but those around us had all walked up after the fact. If there is an employee out there that knows what happened and can spill the beans; I'm dying to know. It was around 3:30 on Sunday 9/3.

I would wear the sweatshirt and wear a maroon Converse on my left foot and a gold one on my right.

Yep... This does a pretty good job of explaining why I'm 32 years old and still have no children.

Eh. My friends and I (we're all sixteen) we like to have days where we wear a theme park related shirt (or sweatshirt) on. One of my friends wears an awesome comfort colors shirt she bought from Six Flags Over Georgia when they went over the summer and the other one wears a t shirt that her mother bought a while ago at Six Flags Great America when they still lived in Chicago.

I don't think I can say I've ever worn different colored shoes.

It doesn't look as weird as you think. I mean they are Converse, they all look the same. It isn't like wearing two different brand of shoes or two different styles. It is like the rails of Joker at Discovery Kingdom and the Joker free fly clones.

It doesn't look as weird as you think. I mean they are Converse, they all look the same. It isn't like wearing two different brand of shoes or two different styles. It is like the rails of Joker at Discovery Kingdom and the Joker free fly clones.

I don't think it's a big deal if it's for like a pep rally or you're going to a school game. I wouldn't wear them just on a normal school day though haha. Now, let's get back to Holiday World.

I was wondering if we should have an announcement for 2018 soon, but then I realized that Firecracker wasn't announced until late October last year so it seems there is still time before an announcement may be happening.

The Firecracker teaser wasn't even released until Nov. 30 last year and official ride name and details weren't released until the first week of January 2017. So I'd say we could have 3-4 more months to wait if it's close to the same scale of ride. If it's bigger, it may come sooner.

(Mayflower was announced at the end of October for 2014.) They really like to draw these things out.

I don't think it's a big deal if it's for like a pep rally or you're going to a school game. I wouldn't wear them just on a normal school day though haha. Now, let's get back to Holiday World.

I would do that on school spirit days. We don't really have pep rallies as the principal thinks they are a waste of time so.....

But yeah, back to Holiday World.

you see some of the most "wtf" things once you start working at a park. People get really creative at messing up foolproof systems

While there's no doubting that as I've seen people climbing shade canopies and taking their shirts off mid-cycle and throwing them away. If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot.

The Firecracker teaser wasn't even released until Nov. 30 last year and official ride name and details weren't released until the first week of January 2017. So I'd say we could have 3-4 more months to wait if it's close to the same scale of ride. If it's bigger, it may come sooner.

(Mayflower was announced at the end of October for 2014.) They really like to draw these things out.

It depends on the magnitude of the ride. If it was something they thought was going to drive season pass sales, they would have announced it already. To me, it seems like the park is still paying off Thunderbird. The Capital they are spending seems to be going all to infrastructure improvements. I believe they're obligated to get the rest of Legend Lot paved or concreted over the next few years and that's not very cheap, especially considering how big that parking lot has become.

Nice to see Holiday World taking home some 2017 Golden Tickets. No huge surprise, but always good to see! Especially for a fanboy like me.

- Cleanest park (hmmm... but SF Great America keeps claiming this?? Oh SF, you so silly)

- Best water ride