Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1230: Cheetah Chase launched racing slides announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby saginawhxc » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:25 pm

If anything you should be racing there to ride it with the classic PTC trains before they are gone. The Timberliners are gonna be on for many years to come (hopefully), and you will have plenty of time to ride them.

I'm not going back till the Timberliners are on, but I've already spent 6 days in the park this year.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby itsasamccormick » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:06 pm

I get what your saying Robb. I guess I want to wait and go because i have ridden the current voyage countless times and just wanted to experience the new trains before next season (I usually only got once a year) . But, it is just a coaster train and i might as well enjoy the coaster anyway ;)

I'm going sometime in June regardless of the trains.

Postby RedB » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:16 pm

Am I the only one who dislikes Voyage with the PTC's? I thought it was running worse this year than the last time I went. Same with the other coasters, even Raven. :(

Cubs/Colts Fan

Postby spaceace12 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:37 pm

I got a question, what do you like Voyage with? Voyage has only ran with PTC's and frankly, I believe the Voyage is running as good as it ever had. I used to get this feeling in my chest in the middle section and would get back to the station and have to rest. I haven't gotten that at all this season. I know everyone has a different opinion of the Voyage and I respect that.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:46 pm

^Actually I've heard a lot of reports that Voyage is getting rougher and rougher and the fact that HW has decided to get new trains for the ride kind of reinforces those reports.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:05 pm

As I said before, Voyage was brutally rough from the spaghetti bowl in the woods until the station with both PTC trains. Much rougher than the Beast, which I rode this past Sunday less than 12 hours after my last ride on the Voyage. I liked the ride on the Voyage, and really really wanted to love it, but it is just too rough to be enjoyable for me in its current state (and this is coming from someone that found the untrimmed i305 re-ridable). I hadn't ridden it before this weekend, and it seemed like the layout has so much potential, but there was simply too much pain for it to be #1 in my book.

Will Koch did mention that they found several places where the track has been deformed by the current trains, so I imagine most of the roughness has appeared as the ride has aged. Hopefully the new trains will be easier on the track and allow the park to gradually re-track the rough spots (not to mention the suspension in the seats smoothing out the jolts).
Last edited by ahecht on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:49 pm.
DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

Postby RedB » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:05 pm

spaceace12 wrote:I got a question, what do you like Voyage with? Voyage has only ran with PTC's and frankly, I believe the Voyage is running as good as it ever had. I used to get this feeling in my chest in the middle section and would get back to the station and have to rest. I haven't gotten that at all this season. I know everyone has a different opinion of the Voyage and I respect that.

I have never liked the second half of Voyage. I specifically said PTC's because, for reasons I can't explain, I have hope the Timberliners can help. I want to like this coaster, I really do. The second half is just too rough.

ahecht wrote:As I said before, Voyage was brutally rough from the spaghetti bowl in the woods until the station with both PTC trains. Much rougher than the Beast, which I rode this past Sunday less than 12 hours after my last ride on the Voyage. I liked the ride on the Voyage, and really really wanted to love it, but it is just too rough to be enjoyable for me in its current state. I hadn't ridden it before this weekend, and it seemed like the layout has so much potential, but there was simply too much pain for it to be #1 in my book.

Will Koch did mention that they found several places where the track has been deformed by the current trains, so I imagine most of the roughness has appeared as the ride has aged. Hopefully the new trains will be easier on the track and allow the park to gradually re-track the rough spots (not to mention the suspension in the seats smoothing out the jolts).

Exactly how I feel.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby monsterfan99 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

^My thoughts were the same as yours (my first rides were last weekend.) Also, watching the trains (red one being the worse of the two) just slam down at the bottom of the second drop during the walkback was painful. To me, the ride was a weird mix of amazing and Mean Streak rough.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:10 pm

I'll paraphrase the Gravity Group rep during a brief Q&A. In response to the question from the crowd, "If Voyage is currently a '10' on the scales for intensity and speed, what do you expect it to be with Timberliners?" His answer, "The same, just more re-ridable."

Personally, I made the trip this year without caring whether the TLs were on or not. After Friday night, I was secretly hoping baby Jesus in the manger would provide an overnight miracle, and put those new trains on the track. In my opinion, it needs *something*. I'm cautiously optimistic that the TLs are the answer.

Cubs/Colts Fan

Postby spaceace12 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:17 pm

BeemerBoy wrote:I'll paraphrase the Gravity Group rep during a brief Q&A. In response to the question from the crowd, "If Voyage is currently a '10' on the scales for intensity and speed, what do you expect it to be with Timberliners?" His answer, "The same, just more re-ridable."

Personally, I made the trip this year without caring whether the TLs were on or not. After Friday night, I was secretly hoping baby Jesus in the manger would provide an overnight miracle, and put those new trains on the track. In my opinion, it needs *something*. I'm cautiously optimistic that the TLs are the answer.

It was nice to meet you and Rick there, hopefully I will see you again next year?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!