Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1242: Holiday World Announced June 14 Opening!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:17 pm

^ I'm surprised they didn't mask the cat, too. ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby KristenLeigh » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:58 pm

Anybody going Sunday or Monday??
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/984681da7168be3a7e78a7aa6ad1aac2.jpg[/img][/url]

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby tanthonyam » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:43 am

I have been reading quite a few negative reviews about this park elsewhere. Lots of complaints about the ride reservation system, and over crowding no social distancing, especially at the water park.A bit concerened since I am planning a visit there on a Sunday in a week or so.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby grsupercity » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:51 am

There are def 2 sides of the spectrum. Some people see normal crowds and are totally fine, and others that are uncomfortable with the crowds. A lot of will depend on how you feel on the matter
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby JG-77 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:53 am

On my visit, physical distancing was definitely an issue, but I actually quite liked the reservation system. My visit was on a Friday, and it was definitely busy. Not sure how bad the park is on a Sunday.

Most of the time thanks to the virtual queue I barely stood in line making distancing mostly feasible, though this was not help at the waterpark unfortunately, since as of my visit (a couple weeks ago) no water rides were on the virtual queue.

If it weren't for the virtual queue I would not visit the park, that virtual queue is the main reason distancing is possible.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby teacherkim » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:51 am

We were there about two weeks ago and I agree with JG-77. The virtual queue was truly very easy to use and allowed you to spend very little time in the lines. If you can work a smartphone you can do the virtual lines.

Waterpark definitely a different issue and there were times in the lines when social distancing was not always adhered to, however I found this to mostly be kids and one mean teacher starte normally backed them off. The only time I was truly uncomfortable was during a rainstorm closure while waiting for Cheetah Chase when a lot of people tried to huddle under the station canopy. However, it was our choice whether to leave or stay of course. And if you want to ride Mammoth you have to have a minimum of 500 lbs in your party, which means unless you have at least 3-4 in your group you will have to buddy up with strangers or pass.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby teacherkim » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:53 am

I should add that we tended to wear our masks in the ride lines/stations and then just take them off once the ride was underway and while not everyone was doing that we experienced no mask shaming and everyone was very good about wearing masks during the crowded entry process, inside, and when we were all crowded up for rope drop.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:20 pm

No masks on the open air roller coasters? Murderer.

teacherkim wrote:And if you want to ride Mammoth you have to have a minimum of 500 lbs in your party, which means unless you have at least 3-4 in your group you will have to buddy up with strangers or pass.

Although, since it's Indiana, some guests may be able to pull it off with two riders.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Mike240SX » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:35 pm

teacherkim wrote:I should add that we tended to wear our masks in the ride lines/stations and then just take them off once the ride was underway and while not everyone was doing that we experienced no mask shaming and everyone was very good about wearing masks during the crowded entry process, inside, and when we were all crowded up for rope drop.

Is your name Mandy that I met on TTD at CP today? She had the same philosophy.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 152
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Intimidator 305, Skyrush, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Twister (Knoebels), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby ALT2870 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:27 pm

teacherkim wrote:And if you want to ride Mammoth you have to have a minimum of 500 lbs in your party, which means unless you have at least 3-4 in your group you will have to buddy up with strangers or pass.

Interesting, a few years ago (back when Valrvn opened) it was less then that. We rode it as two (I weigh about 150 and while I can't speak for the other person, he was less then 300) and it was a wild ride.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!