Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1242: Holiday World Announced June 14 Opening!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:54 am

Part of the reason the waterpark isn’t open yet. They have to figure out how they’re going to operate the attractions.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:40 am

tndank wrote:Merch selection this year is much better. Better Tshirts, posters, all kinds of good stuff.

That's cool to hear from a place that already had some of the better merchandise options for an amusement park.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby anonymouscactus » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:21 pm

Made to Thrill teamed up with Holiday World, which is really awesome because they don't make your typical merch. https://shop.madetothrill.com/

I could maybe see predetermined rafts keep the water dummies in them to allow the necessary weight for each raft and to help space people out. I don't know if straps to keep them in would get in the way of people's feet or not but you could probably place one in the back of Wildebeest and be ok? Curious if they will go that route or not.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby tndank » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:27 pm

Can confirm the Made To Thrill stuff is all around the park and looks great.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby TXman308 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:33 am

For those that don't know the reservation site is available to see outside the park:
https://hwreservation.com/#

I've been using it periodically to check wait times. Today is the first time they've moved some of the rides into a "reservation not required category". (Meaning you can have a reservation for say Voyage and be able to ride another ride while waiting). My guess is they can easily move attractions around, and good to see HW adapting to concerns that people have had.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby mikeykaise » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:52 am

I know you can only get tickets online but do Coaster groups still get a discount that has been offered by HW before?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:18 am

anonymouscactus wrote:Made to Thrill teamed up with Holiday World, which is really awesome because they don't make your typical merch. https://shop.madetothrill.com/

Oh, wow, their offerings have gotten even better since the last time I looked. They've even designed a shirt for my home park! Was not expecting to see that.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby teacherkim » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:05 pm

Bought tickets for our somewhat local road trip out of STL on 7/27. Technically as a SFSTL employee my son gets two free tickets, which we have been used before, but there was no way to do that on the website and in the current climate it seems churlish to make an issue out of it. I will just support the park and pay for the day and be happy they are happen.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:00 am

HW has officially canceled their Halloween event and will be closing at the end of September.
B74349F8-EBB0-4DCD-B56B-B00C61974C4C.jpeg

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:52 pm

Has anyone else been lately?
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!