Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1230: Cheetah Chase launched racing slides announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby neilnky » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:40 am

This from screamscape: http://www.screamscape.com/html/holiday_world.htm
I can sort of see why as those slides were pretty far off from the rest of the water park. I wonder what will become of this area? Don't you just love wondering and watching lol

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:19 am

Certainly not a surprise. They quietly removed their wave slide from the complex last off-season so this was kinda expected.
Hopefully that side of the park stays strictly dry-park.
Yankee Cannonball <3

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:58 pm

The Hyena Falls slide complex was fine, but it just wasn't worth the walk over there. I agree that spot would be better served by the dry park.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Universal Orlando/Islands of Adventure & Disneyland

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby HWLover » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:34 am

I’m glad it’s finally known that the Hyena Falls complex will be no more. I have a few friends that work in operations at Holiday World, and I was told by them (keep in mind, it could be false, just what they believe) that the half-pipe was removed on request from pro slides due to a recall or something like that. I am not entirely sure if that is factual but it would make sense. Furthermore, I was told that they were removing the complex (old news now) because it didn’t fit in with the vision and they have other plans for the site. Nothing to ground breaking just thought I would share what I had been told! I think that site could be used as part of the section of Thunderbird area with some flat rides, or combined with the old PP station for a larger attraction. I suppose they could also build a new kiddie section, or, what I’ve always wanted, a Christmas Eve section with actual thrill rides and family rides, designed with immersive theming.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby JT325 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:33 am

New Holiday World podcasts are up. I know what I’m listening to on the way home.
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:36 am

njcoasterguy34 wrote:I will be making my first trip to Holiday World at the end of August. How do their Flyers compare to the ones at Knoebels? I'm going to assume they're not as good as the ones at Knoebels since I've yet to ride a set that are. I am hoping they're better than the ones at Dorney Park, though.

I can't speak for the flyers at Dorney, but I can for sure say the HW flyers are nothing compared to the Knoebels flyers. Flyers are my favorite flat so I ride them at almost every park I go to and I have yet to ride any that get even remotely close to the awesomeness that is Knoebels flyers. That being said, I did think they were better than most I've ridden and we did get some decent snapping on them.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:44 am

The only flyers I've ridden that can match the ones at Knoebels are the ones at Lagoon.

The ones at Holiday World are a step above the Larson ones, but they don't come close to the Knoebels ones.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Universal Orlando/Islands of Adventure & Disneyland

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:57 pm

JT325 wrote:New Holiday World podcasts are up. I know what I’m listening to on the way home.

I listened to all three on Monday. I like the new format. It's familiar, but not too familiar, but not too not familiar. Just as a podcast should be.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby JT325 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:26 am

Heya Holiday World... I know you guys are perpetually busy, but how about opening up a satellite park in Monticello, Indiana? It's a short hike, but just think of the possibilities. The industry needs more HW/Koch love. Big time.

"Dreaming is free."
Maybe Indiana Beach will make 100.
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!