Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1875 - What's New at Haunt for 2019?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Doesn't know how to spell "Enthusiast."

Re: The Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby Six Flags Enthuseast » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:52 am

I personally don't care on the whole deal. I agree with Robb: I'll ride it first before I make an opinion on the restraints.
Doesn't know how to spell 'Enthusiast'... or 'Hyundai'.

Reeks of Books

Postby CorkscrewFoley » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:12 am

I'll admit I was a bit disappointed with the restraints for like a minute, but I got over it. I look at it like this, if you're not going to ride it because of the OTSRs, that's excellent! That's one less rider in the queue. :P

This should be Intamin goodness at its best.

Timmeh.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Homeboy23 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:13 am

Can I bring headphones on the ride so I won't have to hear people complain about the restraints while riding?

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby 10ryansmith » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:22 am

I really dont care if there are OTSR out lapbars, at least there is a coaster to ride. If people are going to complain about the restraints than I agree with CorkscrewFoley, the less people in line the better.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby GeorgeT » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:12 pm

It is so HUMAN to worry about those restraints, if someone`s afraid the ride could be spoiled because of them...

It is so INTELLIGENT to wait until there`s the chance to ride and then (maybe) complain...

George "pretty sure this thing will kick a§§" T.
Last edited by GeorgeT on Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:33 pm.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:12 pm

^ & ^^ & ^^^ Agreed. I mean, I have ridden just about every single Intamin coaster in the world either with or without these similar restraints.

I can tell you that even the roughest of the Intamin coasters WITH these restraints is NO WHERE NEAR AS BAD as some other manufacturers coasters I've been on.

I think the ride looks awesome. And I'm willing to put money on that it will ride as good as it looks.

--Robb

Over obsessive disney disorder

Postby DarkStitch626 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:15 pm

I couldn't agree more Robb, though I have ridden considerably less of said rides. Kingda Ka and Storm Runner being the major 2 I have of the said kind. I did not mind it. Considering I see people bash SR for its restraints being harder than the newer versions. I am going to wait and see how this ride turns out.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Richard » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:27 pm

People have to remember Intamin design the ride for your comfort! If they believed it wasn't good to have lapbars on this ride, they're probably right.

Way Close to Knoebels!

Postby Josh Linn » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:35 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Josh Linn wrote:The main issue is, to me anyway, that there's a ride in the very same park that goes upside down 4 times and doesn't have OTSR's, yet a ride that has 0 inversions and has no need for them does...especially considering the fact that there are umpteen rides similar to it that operate with lap bars. The absolute best case scenario is that the restraints don't cause any discomfort and are basically just "there". In other words, they'd still be useless/pointless.

I don't understand why this matters or why there is even a pointless discussion about it. It has OTSR's. BIG F**KING DEAL!!! Lots of coasters do. Lots of coasters don't. Deal with it.

Here's a thought.

Wait until the ride opens.

If you like it. Ride it a lot.

If you don't like it. Don't ride it.

There you go...

I've said several times in this thread that I'm excited to ride it and am going out of my way to drive 6-7 hours to ride it, so while I have a minor issue with it, it's not a "ride killer" to me as it is to others. Inconvenience, on the other hand, yes.

I have a lot of issues going on in my life right now and would appreciate not being stepped all over like that. I get enough belittling and disrespect in real life scenarios.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby noticias24 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:37 pm

I don't really think the restraints should be taken as a ride killer at all!. Of course I understand that there is people that find them uncomfortable, but why not try to be a little optimistic and wait until you ride it? maybe if you go and ride it, but not thinking about how bad the restraints will be, there's a chance the ride will be a lot more enjoyable!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!