Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1843 - Volcano being REMOVED!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: The Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby deweasefan » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:06 pm

I was there today too. I305 is just awesome this year. Untrimmed version with the straps is about as good as it gets IMHO. I305 was still a great ride even with the trims but in its current form the airtime on the second hill and the speed on the drop is just incredible. I got several rides in on it today and can't wait to get some more next time!!

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Astrojack » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:06 pm

Thanks for fixing the video braztaz. Was trying to post the video before I got on Rebel Yell.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby StarTrekGeek » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:37 pm

I305 looks even cooler now!

Please don't trim the ride KD (still looked fun even with the trims, but I prefer this)...

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Thom25 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:53 pm

This new video on youtube shows the new layout, which appears to have solved all of last years problems. This is clearly another EPIC Intamin design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-BEYSsjr98

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-BEYSsjr98

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:23 pm

Thom25 wrote:This new video on youtube shows the new layout, which appears to have solved all of last years problems. This is clearly another EPIC Intamin design.

AGREED! :airtimer: But the real question is, will the whimps complain about the ride or will the "black-out" reputation intimidate (no pun intended) them not to ride? If the park doesn't get complaints, I doubt the trims will return!

From those videos, 305 looks kind of strange from the top of the Eiffel Tower, haha... I can't wait to head over to Kings Dominion NEXT WEEKEND to ride it!

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby ajm1240 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:28 pm

Rode I305 20 or so times today. I would say this thing is once again crapping on Cedar Point. :butt:

First drop is back to the intensity of last April. And I don't remember the second hill being this great last April. WOW! I'm a back row rider most of the time, and you get gorgeous, sustained floater airtime there on hill two. But near the front, it is totally different. That "floater air" becomes crazy ejecter air. It really is like two coasters in one now.

Also, after talking with many folks who rode it before the drop was trimmed last year, we all seem to think that the trims on the backside have been reduced from then. The braking seemed less jarring than we remembered and the speed kept up better, giving decent air on the last hills. Could have been an illusion. None of us were 100% positive that was the case.

All in all, I was more than pleased. I just hope it stays this way. The G's are still there, they just don't seem to last nearly as long. But the speed and airtime appear to be up near where they used to be. Hopefully the wheels will wear better and this is the last of the tinkering.

Long live I305, 2.0.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:44 pm

^ Another good review! I haven't heard a negative review about the new version yet! :wtf: That's shocking... Even those who complained like crazy when the trims were on the drop seem to be loving it once again!

Here is a good photo trip report from CoasterFusion! http://coasterfusion.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?11556.post
305FromTower.jpg
CoasterFusion Photo.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:45 am

Thom25 wrote:This new video on youtube shows the new layout, which appears to have solved all of last years problems. This is clearly another EPIC Intamin design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-BEYSsjr98

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-BEYSsjr98

Yeah, that's my video. Here it is embedded.

It was actually not running that fast when I took this video early in the day. Towards the end of the day when the ride got nice and warmed up it was FLYING. Pretty much the same speed as it was last year before the trims were added, only now they have the soft straps. They've definitely done an excellent job getting this ride back to its original form, now let's hope it stays that way. I'll have a more in depth report after I get back from BGW today.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coasternut » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:48 am

Skycoastin Steve wrote:This new video on youtube shows the new layout, which appears to have solved all of last years problems. This is clearly another EPIC Intamin design.
It was actually not running that fast when I took this video early in the day. Towards the end of the day when the ride got nice and warmed up it was FLYING. Pretty much the same speed as it was last year before the trims were added, only now they have the soft straps. They've definitely done an excellent job getting this ride back to its original form, now let's hope it stays that way. I'll have a more in depth report after I get back from BGW today.

Steve thank for the complete video post. I've got to get back to Virginia to ride! :b Looks like maybe I can stop calling it "In-Trim-Adator." :Pr :p . I'm looking forward to your future posts. I too loved the new restraints. :lover: I've ridden it with both sets.
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby TXman308 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:36 am

How much longer is it before we get a POV? :omg:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!