Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1843 - Volcano being REMOVED!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby macca_boy69 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:22 am

^^^^Even better.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:34 am

I read over at KDfansite that they may be clearing more land so this thing can run next to the waterpark.....man if that's the case then this could prove to be a long & sweet ride.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Coaster Cow » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:29 am

Personally, I think it would be really cool if it had a low swoop over Anaconda's lake or interacted with it in some way, it would really give it a cool finish.
"There''s a Lieutenant Crunch here to see you."
"Lieutenant Crunch?"
"Actually, I've been promoted. It''s Captain Crunch now."

El Toro Make Me Erect

Postby HCLcoasters » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:09 am

For those of you who haven't been to CP I just thought that I might add that a Giga is massive. It doesn't look that menacing in pictures but It's just insane in real life. It's going to be a bigger draw then you think. It will also be the second coaster I am aware of that you can see from I-95. (the first being a wild mouse at south of the boarder in South Carolina) It will bring in a ton of people that way too. I think they're going for that type of advertising as well as just having bragging rights.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Spideyfreak » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:36 am

HCLcoasters wrote:It will also be the second coaster I am aware of that you can see from I-95. (the first being a wild mouse at south of the boarder in South Carolina)

Lol. That thing hasn't operated in years... :lolr:

El Toro totally owns the Voyage!

Postby coasterguy618 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:04 am

HCLcoasters wrote:For those of you who haven't been to CP I just thought that I might add that a Giga is massive. It doesn't look that menacing in pictures but It's just insane in real life. It's going to be a bigger draw then you think. It will also be the second coaster I am aware of that you can see from I-95. (the first being a wild mouse at south of the boarder in South Carolina) It will bring in a ton of people that way too. I think they're going for that type of advertising as well as just having bragging rights.

If you look hard enough you can see Dominator from I-95.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby rollercoastercraziness » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:02 pm

I can definently see this being a good chance for Kings dominion to reel in more people. I remember going there this spring and constantly feeling like they were missing something. I think if they were smart, they would build this in the area near where hypersonic used to be :cry: . And they could stretch out the track down near the highway so when you are passing by, you get to see the giant bohemoth looming above. That surely will attract much more spontanious visitors! But i can't wait for this ride to go up! Its just what Kings Dominion needs! Then they will get some true "Ride Warriors"! Now we wait for the ride, and all of the simulator layout impressions of what the ride will be like. I carn't wait!!!

El Toro Make Me Erect

Postby HCLcoasters » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:53 pm

I might just make a NL version of what I think the ride will be like. It's summer so I have time, and it could be some fun.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:19 pm

HCLcoasters wrote:I might just make a NL version of what I think the ride will be like. It's summer so I have time, and it could be some fun.

Good idea but save that creativeness for when we get the actual stats & layout of the ride....if you make it I'll definitely download it. :D

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:35 pm

I ambled over to KD and took a few pictures today (Rebel Yell was running quite well, by the way).

I'm a regular Dr. Seuss.
Cranes.jpg
Hmm--there's a small flock of cranes behind Flight of Fear and Anaconda.
Tower 1.jpg
From the Eiffel Tower--for all your dirt, crane, and pipe fans.
Tower 2.jpg
This cleared area runs behind Anaconda and seems to extend beyond Rebel Yell. Not sure what it means, but there you have it.
Wheel.jpg
Here's a shot from the Americana Ferris wheel.
Tower 3.jpg
Tracky track track track track!
Track 1.jpg
Tracky track track track track track!
Track 2.jpg
One more shot through the chain link, which I assume is there to keep any crazed enthusiasts from defiling the sacred track. That's all.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!