TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I can definently see this being a good chance for Kings dominion to reel in more people. I remember going there this spring and constantly feeling like they were missing something. I think if they were smart, they would build this in the area near where hypersonic used to be . And they could stretch out the track down near the highway so when you are passing by, you get to see the giant bohemoth looming above. That surely will attract much more spontanious visitors! But i can't wait for this ride to go up! Its just what Kings Dominion needs! Then they will get some true "Ride Warriors"! Now we wait for the ride, and all of the simulator layout impressions of what the ride will be like. I carn't wait!!!

Without opening old wounds what happened to hypersonic?

^Hypersonic was dismantled a couple of years ago (you can see pieces of it from Hurler's lifthill). The ride had become very rough and was a maintenance nightmare for the park.

^I guess you could put it that way. It was fun the first year it was open, but it got rougher as the years went by (kind of painful once you topped that high hat).

Yup Hypersonic's launch, up the hill and over was awesome. After that brace for impact, pain, and suffering -- awful ride after the launch. The brakes were by far the worst. They were on so hard that you went from 60-0 in the blink of an eye.

And yes the capacity was absolutely STUPID bad. Maybe if they were running 10 trains at a time where they could launch every 30 seconds or less would have made it ok but I seriously doubt it.

It is too bad they could never get the capacity to where they hoped. Originally they were going to have both stations running and have a few trains running simultaneously... I never saw more then two trains and only saw both stations running once.

Are they in a straight line because those are probably footers for supports like these.

I highly doubt the supports will look anything like MF's, considering they're using stronger track to reduce the amount of supports needed. The lift should look dangerously undersupported with the trussed track to compensate, as opposed to MF's oversupported look.

Are they in a straight line because those are probably footers for supports like these.

I highly doubt the supports will look anything like MF's, considering they're using stronger track to reduce the amount of supports needed. The lift should look dangerously undersupported with the trussed track to compensate, as opposed to MF's oversupported look.

I think they'll use the B&M style A-frame supports for the lift like on Goliath in Holland instead of the scaffolding used on MF & the other hypers.Since the footers are being poured in to go into the station we can assume that it's coming in off the brakerun since this coaster is using a cable lift it has to go straight out of the station instead of turning the way the superman coasters at SFA & DL do.