Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1843 - Volcano being REMOVED!
Users viewing this topic: jynx242 and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby Tee1999 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:13 am

certifiedcoastergeek wrote:Some of these "this proves a coaster for [insert year here]" posts are getting to be more ridiculous than those Illuminati confirmed joke videos on YouTube.

You're right, we don't need a new coaster. We can keep getting screwed over while other parks like Cedar point, kings island, carowinds, and canada wonderland gets all the love while we're stuck with for minor improvements for the next 50+ years =)

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby grsupercity » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:54 am

Tee1999 wrote:
certifiedcoastergeek wrote:Some of these "this proves a coaster for [insert year here]" posts are getting to be more ridiculous than those Illuminati confirmed joke videos on YouTube.

You're right, we don't need a new coaster. We can keep getting screwed over while other parks like Cedar point, kings island, carowinds, and canada wonderland gets all the love while we're stuck with for minor improvements for the next 50+ years =)

Look at what KD has got since 2008 compared to VF, Dorney, MIA, and WOF
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:58 am

grsupercity wrote:Look at what KD has got since 2008 compared to VF, Dorney, MIA, and WOF

VF, Dorney, MIA, and WOF don't have the competition and attendance Kings Dominion does either...

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:01 am

07-29-15 KD Brewfest logo.jpg
Another food festival at Kings Dominion!

Inaugural BBQ & Brew Festival at Kings Dominion
Local breweries join forces with Kings Dominion for food, drinks and fun!

Doswell, VA (July 28, 2015) – Get your taste buds ready for Kings Dominion’s first ever BBQ & Brew Fest. The two weekend-long event is dedicated to celebrating all things barbecue, from sauce to ribs. Guests can enjoy live music while sipping signature craft brews from some of our area’s best local breweries.
Kings Dominion’s Executive Chef Paul Maloney’s exclusive BBQ & Brew menu features classic BBQ recipes with a unique twist such as Tennessee Moonshine pulled pork and slow smoked beef brisket. For the full menu, visit https://www.kingsdominion.com/item/BBQ-and-Brew-Fest/Food..

Representatives from several of the area’s best breweries will be on tap pouring their craft beer and cider including:

Legend Brewing Co.
Ardent Craft Ales
Triple Crossing Brewing
Center of the Universe
Strangeways Brewing
O’Connor Brewing Co.
Brothers Craft Brewing
Bold Rock Hard Cider
Hardywood Craft Brewery

Kick off the fun with the USO Military Chef’s BBQ Challenge on Saturday, August 1 and Sunday, August 2. Some of the military’s best Chefs will battle head-to-head right under the Eiffel Tower. Guests can watch their favorite military teams fight for the championship. The cook-off will be judged by an all-star panel of local Chefs as well as Dr. BBQ himself, Ray Lampe, author and contestant on Food Network’s “Chopped Grillmasters.”

BBQ & Brew Fest will also feature ice carving demonstrations which will take place on August 1. Judging of the Military Chef Cook Off is set for August 2 at 1 p.m. For more information, visit our website at https://www.kingsdominion.com/what-s-new/bbq-brew-fest.

Save $15 on single day park admission with the special USO admission ticket. These discounted park tickets are available for purchase online and are valid through August 9. A portion of all ticket sales will be donated directly to USO-Metro.

Postby Intimidator305 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:44 am

I like that the park is starting to do more and more events like this - I hope to see this event and the Spring Bloom Festival grow in the coming years.

Those final riders on Shockwave are definitely going to need some of the beers!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:53 am

When we were at Sea World last year for Bands, Brews and BBQ we were absolutely in love with it. I couldn't be happier that everyone else is ripping off this awesome idea.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Bmanscool » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:13 am

I think Kings Dominion is too focused on food festivals and should be more focused on the park's "normal" food options.
I'm also disappointed with Bistro 75. It's a good idea, but it blocks off so many seats by the royal fountains.

I hope Kings Dominion adds a nice, casual sports bar grill in the near future and improves Victoria Gardens Pizza, which in my opinion, was decent before the 2014 season and has been awful ever since.

Seems So Surreal

Postby mike541x » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:07 am

^I honestly thought Victoria Gardens was pretty good this year. I do agree that they should focus on some of the food at the park. I wasn't too impressed with Juke Box last month.

Postby Intimidator305 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:12 am

The park has a new executive chef since last season (Chef Paul), and I'd say food quality and offerings have steadily increased since his arrival and he has big things planned for the park, such as the Spring Bloom and this new festival. Take a look around at the wide range of food offerings in the new Soak City, it's much, much better than before. I expect each season, an area of the park will be focused on to enhance the food offerings.

As far as Bistro 75 goes, it only takes up 1 of 6 'coves' along the fountains, there's still plenty of room to sit next to the fountains if you aren't dining at Bistro 75 (especially on the non-busy west side of the fountains).

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby certifiedcoastergeek » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:16 am

TB305 wrote:

Says the guy who told everyone that we were getting a new coaster because of an artists mistake in a KD website banner, then said it was your grand discovery and anyone else talking about it must credit you. :lmao:

I retracted my statements about that a while back (pretty sure, anyway). I apologize if my now-proven-invalid discovery is offensive to you. :p
Credit Counter: 75 (72 Operating, 3 Defunct)
1. Intimidator 305 2. Millennium Force 3. Top Thrill Dragster 4. Volcano, the Blast Coaster 5. Maverick
6. Xcelerator 7. Steel Force 8. Griffon 9. Phantom's Revenge 9. Intimidator 10. Fury 325

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!