Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1843 - Volcano being REMOVED!
Users viewing this topic: JG-77, jynx242, Mike240SX, Satans Hockey, steamedturtle and 25 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Online
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index
 
Posts: 17818
Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Location: Staten Island, New York
Gender: Male
Age: 51

Postby larrygator » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:59 am

^Fact: You made the following post.
kingsdominionlvr wrote:Till then, You are just some person lying to get attention.


Now you say you didn't call the poster a liar.

Now if you said, I didn't mean to call her a liar. We could understand.

The reason we as moderators are getting all over you is simple. Personal attacks will not be tolerated, Robb has asked us to keep the forums civil.

It's a blurry line between not believing a post and calling someone a liar, but as moderators we are drawing that line. Not too many people here believe M&M's post, but let's refrain from personal attacks.


testtrack321 wrote:So how can a coaster with a drop of 235 feet go 90 mph?


Midget Launch
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Image
Image

I've gone pantless!
User avatar
 
Posts: 33979
Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)
Gender: Male
Age: 59

Postby cfc » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:00 am

^^The only one who is busting your chops here is you. Did you not read any of the material you posted?

That being said, I agree that we need to take Mork&Mindy's post with a large grain of salt, pending confirmation from KD. I suggest you drop the matter until then and move on.
Image
Image

Don't put that donkey on the floor!
User avatar
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: 03 Jul 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Gender: Male
Age: 42

Postby redfoot12 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:09 am

^Would a large grain of salt be like what they use on those Super Soft Pretzels?

Happy Magic Water Cube
User avatar
 
Posts: 991
Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Postby Jds03 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:19 am

kingsdominionlvr wrote:We seriously cannot believe anything heard on a Forum from somebody on the other side of a monitor. Once again, I did not accuse her of lying, I meant we should not trust anyone until we get the info from Kings Dominion on August 20th. Look, I have no clue why you are busting my chops, but I hope that sets this all straight. :?r


I don't belive you.

This donkey is a Know-it-All
User avatar
 
Posts: 750
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Location: England
Gender: Male

Postby andyuk200523 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:28 am

90mph - I personally think we would be looking at some nice big rockets on the back of the car, in reality you only need a short drop to be able to hit 90mph, just need bigger rockets :)
Andrew

Image
Not sure when next trip is, however May/June 2013 - Canada Baby!!!!!

Did Medusa in the front and back
User avatar
 
Posts: 2420
Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Age: 25

Postby atem122 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:29 am

^If by rockets you mean starving midgets, than yes!

I think Intamin should make a donkey!
 
Posts: 156
Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Gender: None specified

Postby lilj4425 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:33 am

I thought they were oompa loompas. :(

MOD EDIT: Deleted last sentence. Not necessary.

I love hearing myself talk!!!!!
User avatar
 
Posts: 292
Joined: 04 Jun 2009
Location: Northern VA
Gender: Male
Age: 32

Postby kingsdominionlvr » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:00 pm

larrygator wrote:^Fact: You made the following post.
kingsdominionlvr wrote:Till then, You are just some person lying to get attention.


Now you say you didn't call the poster a liar.

Now if you said, I didn't mean to call her a liar. We could understand.

The reason we as moderators are getting all over you is simple. Personal attacks will not be tolerated, Robb has asked us to keep the forums civil.

It's a blurry line between not believing a post and calling someone a liar, but as moderators we are drawing that line. Not too many people here believe M&M's post, but let's refrain from personal attacks.


testtrack321 wrote:So how can a coaster with a drop of 235 feet go 90 mph?


Midget Launch


I am sorry if my comments were misunderstood, I guess I could have worded them better. :oops: Anyway, I think we should know very soon more details about this coaster, adena is already there and the ride should be going vertical very soon.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.
 
Posts: 287
Joined: 12 Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Age: 38

Postby pkd freak » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:55 pm

UPDATE: Just got back from the park. Not a lot of change, but a few. So let me share. First of all, I'm not sure if anyone has discussed this label of what it might mean... any guesses? Does it just mean chain lift, and did anyone ever find out what the bottom writing says? I didn't think about getting a close up when I was there, so I just had to zoom/crop from my PC.
Image
Image

Here are a few more pics of tracks/supports...
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Good ole Adena
Image


More Cement trucks...
Image

Here's some pics of Clint's mystery shot.

Before
Image

After
Image

Image

Image


You can see where the green tarp(bottom left)behind RY... no, its not a pool.
Image

Image

Some construction vehicles behind the scenes. I was trying to see if I could any type of track/supports... no luck.
Image


Misc./Construction
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Neil Peart makes me erect
User avatar
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: 01 Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Gender: Male
Age: 31

Postby DiSab » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:59 pm

Regarding that yellow label on the track pieces... I believe that they are either warnings not to use chain directly on the pieces to lift them into place, or they are showing the workers where to attach the chains/ropes/etc. so the pieces are balanced while in the air and don't slip out of place.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: JG-77, jynx242, Mike240SX, Satans Hockey, steamedturtle and 25 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron