Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1843 - Volcano being REMOVED!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm wickedly obsessed with Ron Toomer

Re: The Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby B-RadG » Sun May 23, 2010 4:48 pm

rcdude wrote:To be honest, I might actually enjoy the ride better if you don't black out.

If you check the description of the video atem posted a couple pages back it says that you still grey out, so I'm not quite sure that fixing that was what KD was aiming for.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby braztaz » Sun May 23, 2010 4:49 pm

B-RadG wrote:
rcdude wrote:To be honest, I might actually enjoy the ride better if you don't black out.

If you check the description of the video atem posted a couple pages back it says that you still grey out, so I'm not quite sure that fixing that was what KD was aiming for.

I blacked out each time I rode it.
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Sun May 23, 2010 5:17 pm

I rode it 8X in April and grayed out every time. Honestly, I doubt I would ride it again next time I am at the park. It's just not re-rideable for me. And I LOVE coasters!

If they could find someway to modify the turn after the drop to avoid the gray out, sign me up! In my opinion, a great coaster is one which I would love to ride over and over. Fast, smooth, fun....i305 has the first 2 but the sickening feeling after the drop just didn't agree with me.

Anyway, we'll see what happens over the next several weeks.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby eddie200330 » Sun May 23, 2010 5:19 pm

robbalvey wrote:
itsasamccormick wrote:Found this. Forgive me if its already been posted.

www.facebook.com/amanduhmerrifield#!/pages/Take-The-New-Trims-Off-Of-Intimidator-305/128246387187818?ref=ts

Wow, just when you think you've seen just about about as many incredibly stupid people in the world as you can...along comes more of them!

The thing that impresses me the most is that these people (what, like 1- 2 hundred of them) think that KD is gonna bow down to their "demands". I think KD is more likely to try and please the few million that will more than likely pass through those turnstiles instead! Maybe they really need to start a cult like Robb said about a few pages back and go jump off a cliff nekked or something!
Life is a lemon and I want my money back????

He who farts in church sits in own pew.............

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sun May 23, 2010 5:40 pm

Take The New Trims Off Of Intimidator 305 In One Day: 85 Fans! Lets make it 305 by Sunday Night! Shove this down KD's throat until they do something about it!! :D

From the facebook page. Yikes.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

I don't know the difference between waist and waste.

Postby CPmaverick » Sun May 23, 2010 6:00 pm

All these people should really be glad they have I305 at all. They complain for years about not having a "great" coaster and how KD has no airtime. They finally get a ride that fits those complaints and what do they do? Complain even more. They really need to be thankful for having a ride that is one of the tallest and fastest coasters in the world, and will most likely be a top ten coaster.

On a side note, it's too bad KD didn't put in I3.5, which would probably have much less complaining and be about $24 million cheaper. :lmao:
3DS Friend Code: 0774-4246-7779
Simpsons Tapped Out: serialmaverick

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun May 23, 2010 6:17 pm

pianojohn wrote:If they could find someway to modify the turn after the drop to avoid the gray out, sign me up! In my opinion, a great coaster is one which I would love to ride over and over. Fast, smooth, fun....i305 has the first 2 but the sickening feeling after the drop just didn't agree with me.

I actually have to agree with this somewhat. I mean, I rode it 50+ times during media day mainly because I was WORKING that day shooting the media footage. BUT... had I not been working, I'm not sure I would have ridden it as many times as I did.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely *loved* the ride and the gray-out didn't bother me as much as it did John, but I will say that it really took me off guard and kind of "scared" me a little bit! Like in that sense of "This might actually be a little too much for me" kind of way.

I'd be really happy if they came up with a nice balance to make the first drop and turn a *little* less intense, but keep the majority of the airtime on that 2nd hill. My gut feeling is that we will continue to see tweaks and changes to the trims that have been installed and I'm looking forward to seeing what they decide is the final version.

--Robb

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Tchu » Sun May 23, 2010 6:18 pm

robbalvey wrote:
yournamehere wrote:I think they should take the over the head restraints off and put lap bars if they are going to keep the trims on the first drop.

You do realize that would require a complete redesign of the current trains and probably cost a ton of money?

I rode I305 over 50 times and while, yes, there were a couple of moments where it did throw you around, I didn't have any problems with the restraints. I've certainly been on MUCH WORSE!

Anaconda bangs you around more...and anyone want to remember the restraints that used to be on Outer Limits?

And I'm sure that just about every Vekoma SLC I've been on has been far worse.

IMO, the restraints are fine as is. There is MUCH WORSE out there!

--Robb

I've heard of these restraints... even been told that I rode Flight of Fear many times with the OTSRs. And yet, I remember nothing about them.

Presumably because of what they did to my brain.

All I want is a chainlift!

Postby pkdcoaster » Sun May 23, 2010 6:45 pm

Went today and got some pics & video

I went w/ my Sister who is not a very big coaster rider but she likes them. She rode I305 last month and did not like the blackout or the transitions very much at all. She really did not want to ride it again ( I told her they changed something on the ride and you should give it a second chance) She thought it was much smoother and better but she still blacked out. She did not notice a difference in speed or the slower first drop. It is odd as coaster fans that we are so sensitive to these things but about 99% of people who rode it before in after will probably never know anything has been done to the ride.

I found the ride more enjoyable today and I did get air in the back on the small hop before the twisty's and the 75ft hill is very good now but sadly the 2nd hill is just too drawn out to get anything more than mild floater in the front.

JEFF

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

Here are some pics from doswell road of the trims.
DSC02317.jpg
they span a long distance
DSC02309.jpg
I wonder if different colors mean different strengths
DSC02316.jpg
DSC02325.jpg
much less trims here make for a better ending
DSC02311.jpg
some happy pics
DSC02334.jpg
DSC02337.jpg
trm.jpg
Last edited by pkdcoaster on Sun May 23, 2010 7:57 pm.
Actual Coaster Count: 402

Fav. Park: Cedar Point
Fav. Steel: Intimidator 305/ Fury 325
Fav. Wood: El Toro/Voyage

mitchellpaul

Postby mitchellpaul » Sun May 23, 2010 7:19 pm

Wouldn't it make more sense to just slow down the lift hill? I think it would considering it's going 20 miles an hour.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!