Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1843 - Volcano being REMOVED!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: The Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:45 am

megametal wrote:
KDCOASTERFAN wrote:
megametal wrote:I don't want Windseeker either. I think that'd fit better at Carowinds. KD should get a few smaller flats instead of one big one.

If we do get a windseeker just be lucky we're getting it as it could be worse,we could be like MIA who in all likelyhood isn't getting a thing for 2012.

Well, I'd prefer the SkyScreamers like the Six Flags parks got to the Windseekers. A bit more thrilling looking. Of course, no matter what it is, a new ride is good I suppose.

I'd prefer a windseeker to that...of course what I'd really like to see at the park is a nice shiny new B&M invert after riding Afterburn at carowinds last week.

Anyone know what the weather at the park is gonna be like saturday?I plan to take my GF down to KD & hope not to have to reschedule the trip on account of rain.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:32 am

^Most likely hot as hell. You could try going to weather.com and entering "Doswell, VA" as a location. Just a friendly tip.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby greenspandan » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:11 am

on the subject of flats, i miss Apple Turnover the most. that was the first thrill ride / upside down ride i wasn't too chicken to ride, and i rode it over and over and over and over and over.

oh also i noticed on my most recent visit that the kiddie swing ride (shaped like a tree, near the park ranger jeeps that revolve around a giant hat) has been dismantled. that's a shame, i believe it's one of the park's oldest rides. however, i do understand why. my daughter is 3 years old and small for her age, and even she had trouble not dragging her feet on the ground while it was running. i guess it was sagging or the chains were getting stretched out or something, because i don't remember having that problem when i used to ride it so long ago.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Kings Dominion WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT

Postby coasterkid305 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:15 am

Come kick off Haunt XI by helping Kings Dominion SHATTER the World Record for Largest Gathering of People as.....VAMPIRES!!

The current record of 354 people is held by the Loveland Road Runners of Northern Colorado. But this year....we expect to take the title!

Gates will open at 6:30p for FULLY DRESSED Vampires and the official count will begin at 7:30p.
(FULLY DRESSED Vampires will also get regular general admission for only $19.99)

To be considered a FULLY DRESSED Vampire, you must wear--
ALL:
-Your own costume (no sharing)

MEN:
-Black cape
-Black trousers
-White shirt
-Waistcoat
-Neck frill or neck tie
-Black shoes
-Vampire teeth

WOMEN:
-Black and red coloured dress
-Dark eyes make up
-Red lips
-Vampire teeth
-Black shoes

Haunt XI....all you fear is here....

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:24 am

greenspandan wrote:on the subject of flats, i miss Apple Turnover the most. that was the first thrill ride / upside down ride i wasn't too chicken to ride, and i rode it over and over and over and over and over.

oh also i noticed on my most recent visit that the kiddie swing ride (shaped like a tree, near the park ranger jeeps that revolve around a giant hat) has been dismantled. that's a shame, i believe it's one of the park's oldest rides. however, i do understand why. my daughter is 3 years old and small for her age, and even she had trouble not dragging her feet on the ground while it was running. i guess it was sagging or the chains were getting stretched out or something, because i don't remember having that problem when i used to ride it so long ago.

I so miss AT because I never got to ride it & always chickened out but I did ride carowinds enterprise last week so that kinda makes up for it I guess.I wonder what they can put in place of the tree swings for the kids? I too have noticed that it appears they're taking it out so we'll have to wait & see.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Location: Intimidator 305 - Red Train - Row 1 - Left Seat - Going over the crest of the lift

Postby T-BONDIcoasterkid » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:53 am

Ok, guess what? Kings Dominion in 6 days! WOOT!
Coaster Count: 33!
Favorite Coaster:INTIMIDATOR 305
Last Coaster Ridden: Verbolten
Next Park: Kings Dominion

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby KingsDominionFanatic » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:49 pm

T-BONDIcoasterkid wrote:Ok, guess what? Kings Dominion in 6 days! WOOT!

Lucky...
Kings Dominion 2011:
Visits: 4 | Intimidator 305: 13 | Rebel Yell: 6 | Dominator: 6 | Volcano: 7 | Flight of Fear: 3 | Anaconda: 0 | Back Lot Stunt Coaster: 1 | Shockwave: 2 | Ricochet: 2 | Avalanche: 1 | Grizzly: 1 | Hurler: 3

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:40 am

T-BONDIcoasterkid wrote:Ok, guess what? Kings Dominion in 6 days! WOOT!

Well I'm going saturday...so I got a jump on you by a good 48 hours or so.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Location: Intimidator 305 - Red Train - Row 1 - Left Seat - Going over the crest of the lift

Postby T-BONDIcoasterkid » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:25 am

^Haha, well when you get back tell me how 305 is running.
Coaster Count: 33!
Favorite Coaster:INTIMIDATOR 305
Last Coaster Ridden: Verbolten
Next Park: Kings Dominion

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:28 am

T-BONDIcoasterkid wrote:^Haha, well when you get back tell me how 305 is running.

I'm sure it'll be running the same as always.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!