TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 347 - Howl-O-Scream information!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best part of Busch Gardens Tampa's Howl-O-Scream?  Getting to ride all the coasters at night!!!  

Posted Images

God it looks amazing.

A huge RMC 4 hours away (which is also the closest park to me...I miss the northeast!) I may get a season pass

Man, I am SO excited for this coaster, and for one of my favorite parks! I was initially going to wait until my planned Florida trip in 2021 to ride this thing, but now I'll definitely be checking for cheap flights to Tampa for once IG opens! It looks spectacular, and I don't think my kids nor myself can wait until next year!

God it looks amazing.

A huge RMC 4 hours away (which is also the closest park to me...I miss the northeast!) I may get a season pass

Now, you know Wild Adventures is your home park at 1.5 hours...lol

Man, I am SO excited for this coaster, and for one of my favorite parks! I was initially going to wait until my planned Florida trip in 2021 to ride this thing, but now I'll definitely be checking for cheap flights to Tampa for once IG opens! It looks spectacular, and I don't think my kids nor myself can wait until next year!

Frontier keeps adverting CLE - TPA for as low as $50 round trip (as part of their fare club). May be worth joining!

Remember to check Orlando too. It's only an hour and a half away and there are often more options. We pretty much use MCO and TPA interchangeably.

With all of the focus on Gwazi and Montu and Kumba I've really forgotten about Falcon's Fury. Is it pretty reliable? How are the wait times?

Edited by PKI Jizzman

Well, it's uptime percentage for the last 7 days is 31%. So like... if it were baseball and you were batting .310 people would think that was pretty good so I guess it's all about perspective.

^The winds have been a factor here for the past week or so and several rides have been closed on and off temporarily at times. I know, from experience, FF has been closed with high winds. It's also been in the mid-30s & 40s in the morning as well some days. While I know Six Flags is adventurous in running rides no matter that (as I know you love to always bring that up anytime someone says something about temps and ride/coaster operations), those temps are rare in Tampa. BGT & SWO particularly are even more conservative about running rides when it's "cold" here.

With all of the focus on Gwazi and Montu and Kumba I've really forgotten about Falcon's Fury. Is it pretty reliable? How are the wait times?

When we were there this summer it was a walk on the entire day. However... It did take 6 tries before we actually had a complete ride cycle. We were on it 4 times when it broke down, and 2 times in line for it when it broke down. . .

But holy crap.... That one ride was AMAZING!! Next to Zumanjaro it is my new favorite Drop Tower!

^The winds have been a factor here for the past week or so and several rides have been closed on and off temporarily at times. I know, from experience, FF has been closed with high winds. It's also been in the mid-30s & 40s in the morning as well some days. While I know Six Flags is adventurous in running rides no matter that (as I know you love to always bring that up anytime someone says something about temps and ride/coaster operations), those temps are rare in Tampa. BGT & SWO particularly are even more conservative about running rides when it's "cold" here.

Ah alright, by comparison Montu’s uptime for 7 days was over 99% so I figured weather wasn’t an issue. I don’t really mind waiting out cold temperatures in Florida when it’ll probably be 60-70 degrees like 2 hours later. I just like to make fun of Hershey and Carowinds because it’s fun.

Either way though, is Falcon’s Fury a reliable ride? No.

Either way though, is Falcon’s Fury a reliable ride? No.

I rarely ever see a wait for Falcon's Fury when it's open though, so you can pretty much just check on it as you walk through Pantopia and if it's open, hop on.

Frontier keeps adverting CLE - TPA for as low as $50 round trip (as part of their fare club). May be worth joining!

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll look into that!

Remember to check Orlando too. It's only an hour and a half away and there are often more options. We pretty much use MCO and TPA interchangeably.

Yeah, I'm definitely not opposed to flying into Orlando either. Whichever is cheaper. If I'm in Orlando, maybe we'll even hit up SWO and Ice Breaker as well, though I'm also content to hit that when we're back in Orlando in 2021. We'll just have to see how everything prices out!

Does BGT offer an at the gate twilight park ticket? I looked through that link you provided there and didn't see anything listed.

It's a long way off but I'll have a night in Tampa before a cruise in November and was hoping to hit up the park for a few hours the night before. Haven't been since I moved away from Tampa in 2009.

^ Sorry, not sure. Hopefully someone local knows.

PS: Good lord...

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew] Edited by coasterbill

I'm sorry, but I gotta say it...does it really look that different from the other big RMC's!?!?!? I get that it's a GREAT problem to have, but these RMC's are all very similar and this just looks a lot like Steel Vengeance and the Poland one right!? Is it because it's purple!?!?

I'm not too familiar with Sea World Parks Quick Queue and just wanted to ask a question...

How likely is it that both IG and IB will be on the QQ unlimited list for 2020? As it stands, the webpage for QQ on BG site does not include IG. Is that because it's simply too early? I'm so used to the Cedar Fair way where they entice you to buy season passes with Fast Lane as soon as the new coaster is announced to boost sales.