TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Not sure if this is an ominous sign of things to come for summer in Ohio, but I read somewhere that the Ohio State Fair was cancelled for 2020.

I have heard that a couple of the county fairs where I used to live in NY and PA were cancelled as well.

I personally have not watched any webcams, but many people on some park fan forums have reported coasters such as Valravn and Gatekeeper testing.

Don't get too excited though, Ohio's governor does not seem ready to announce any re-open date for amusement parks or reduced restrictions on mass gatherings.

^What I saw wasn't on FB but a dedicated park fan site.

My re-opening dart is being thrown at July 4th weekend as the parks re-opening date with no CPS this season at all. With it being pushed back so much I am also expecting a Halloweekends Friday type ride line up for most of what is left of the season. I know unemployment is up but CP relies so heavily on internationals that staffing will probably be a bigger nightmare that usual.

Honestly I am not planning on attending at all this summer due to restrictions and entitled Karens. Mostly the Karen's tho. The restrictions won't bother me, but willful ignorance and entitlement do.

We are contemplating a HW, KK, KI, CP run in July maybe the second week. Tentative of course at this point. So, I was just mock booking reservations at the Breakers to check dates and currently they will let you book rooms starting on July 1; for whatever that's worth.

He is already saying in the follow-up comments that it's not a new coaster. Maybe new trains for an existing coaster? The little bit we can see looks like a Millennium Force train.

My first thought was new trains for Magnum, but it couldn’t be because the guide wheels would have to be on the inside but they’re on the outside in the drawing. Same for Corkscrew.

I sure hope they’re for Millenium Force. I didn’t leave MF force last year thinking it needs entire new trains, but my first ride in the front of (IIRC) red train was just awful. Talk about a depressing welcome back 10 years since my last visit. It jackhammered through the course and left all three of us with a headache. It was also my brother’s first - and only - ride on MF. It put a real sour taste in his mouth, which is unfortunate because our ride later in a different train just as a good as we remembered from 10 years ago.

Return of the Green Train for Millennium’s 20th birthday?!

It's the little things like this that amuse me these days. Thanks for that!

MF.. jackhammering? I don't believe I've ever heard it reported as that before.

This certainly has never been my experience on MF. Of course, I didn't got to CP last year, so I can't speak to how it was running. Still, MF and rough have never been words I've put together in the same sentence - until now. Personally, I don't see the need for new trains for MF, or TTD. Magnum? Sure. But not those two Intamins.

I've seen some people suggest that this could be a new style of train for Iron Dragon, and personally, I feel that makes a lot more sense. When I first saw the edge of the blueprint, my thought went to something hanging from track versus on top of it (I've seen S&S Axis trains mentioned, which would certainly jazz up an aging ride.) I also think whatever train improvements we see announced, were the original TBA plans from earlier, for 2020, that were announced recently to be delayed until 2021. Whether this means the original 2021 plans, whatever they may be (I've maintained a new coaster for a while, and stand by that), remains to be seen...

When I see/hear people saying that MF is rough, I’m always perplexed. The only conclusion I can come to is that they are referring to vibration as “roughness”. Sometimes I think just because they hear the vibration, they psychologically impose a “roughness” onto the ride that simply doesn’t exist.

At most, MF can be said to have a rattle. Jackhammering? Not even close. I rode all trains in August last year and would never dream to call any of the rides rough.

^ I rode Millennium Force a year ago today and thought it was running as smooth as ever.

Same.

PS: I really hate this conversation normally but now I'm almost happy that it's back again just to bring some normalcy to our lives.

Edited by coasterbill

I always get a kick out of the #notanaquatrax because I honestly don't get the obsession with them. I love Atlantis but I got one water ride back in 2010 and then it was turned off after that all the time and they even ripped out all the water pipes a while back after that.

Without the aqua part, you're just left with a very fun small launched coaster that was unique back in 2013 but now I feel a lot of companies can offer something similar. I always thought it would make a nice middle coaster between huge intense launched rides and smaller ones like Pony Express but the one here at Lotte has a 135cm height restriction (and a 38-inch waist size restriction)

I feel like either somewhere on this thread or on a TPR DVD riding Atlantis there's even a joke somewhere that 'Maverick was supposed to be an aquatrax.'