TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

1 hour ago, PKI Jizzman said:

I believe with platinum pass I can get FL+ for FL price in park. Is that still a thing? I'm going during the week for a few doys so don't mind waiting 20 minutes a ride but will definitely buy day of if it's needed.

Yes. 

Today I pulled the pin on our USA road trip since the next US travel review isn't until the 21 August. Just want to shout out to Cedar Point customer service. They refunded our breakers money in full plus didn't quibble about refunding the fast lane passes either. Compared to Hershey that offered a voucher for next year and Kings Dominion and BGW who didn't even reply. Great customer service CP. Thank you for accommodating our situation.

• Like 5

Glad I bought FL+ ahead of time for my visit at the end of August. I figured there is absolutely no way it will get cheaper, and it is basically required since I'm going on a Saturday and Sunday.

They really should either 1) raise the prices or 2) sell fewer passes, if their FL+ waits are still 30-45 minutes. I can see why that would be very frustrating for some.

8 hours ago, Alex Sutcliff said:

Today I pulled the pin on our USA road trip since the next US travel review isn't until the 21 August. Just want to shout out to Cedar Point customer service. They refunded our breakers money in full plus didn't quibble about refunding the fast lane passes either. Compared to Hershey that offered a voucher for next year and Kings Dominion and BGW who didn't even reply. Great customer service CP. Thank you for accommodating our situation.

I think the next US travel review for 21th August is only about the Canada and Mexico land border closures. International travel from overseas is definitely suspended with no new review date in sight. I guess Europeans can write off US travel for this and maybe for next year as well. And that's really weird as I just met an US family during my visit at EnergyLandia. They flew into Spain and did a nice road trip through different countries, riding all the big new European Coasters like Tomorrowland, Kondaa, Abyssus. 

I love Cedar Point customer service as well, they were extremely accommodating regarding my hotel and season pass refund, Kings Island was definitely not as easy. 

14 hours ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

They really should either 1) raise the prices or 2) sell fewer passes, if their FL+ waits are still 30-45 minutes. I can see why that would be very frustrating for some.

Isn't that what they just did, with the price hike up to $225?

Thrillskeeker You can also look into a train. From what i know they have a train from near the airport to someplace in Sandusky. Part of the route might be Amtrak. 

I always think about how much a profit Fastlane is for the park. With the park as busy as it is and going in to the busier season. you might as well make as much money as you can. got to off set the new wage your paying workers.

6 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Isn't that what they just did, with the price hike up to $225?

Does it vary by the day??  I see them at 160 for a Tuesday in August.  Kings Island is HALF the price. But, I know that CP is also more heavy on the bigger rides.

Kings island’s is half the price but twice as awesome.  Longest I ever waited at KI in a FL+ queue was 25 minutes.  On my last visit on Friday July 1, the longest I waited was 5 minutes.  So seeing 45-60 minute FL+ waits at Cedar Point is a bit frustrating.    Curious to see if people get turned off by the $225.  Based on past price hikes, I think it will still sell very well.  

so glad I got season long FL+ as well!  😃

To be honest, I think skip-the-line passes should be A LOT more expensive than they are now. They should be a premium service, not an alternative line. This way it's a win-win: park gets a significant revenue yet lines are not that affected because there will be fewer people buying them (of course, parks should really limit available units).

I hate when parks basically give away those passes. You either make them completely free, like Disney's FP or Europa Park's return time for Voletarium or just don't bother at all. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, thepoint4life23 said:

Thrillskeeker You can also look into a train. From what i know they have a train from near the airport to someplace in Sandusky. Part of the route might be Amtrak. 

No Amtrak stations near the airport. There's downtown Cleveland and Elyria. Downtown is the better option as the metro will get you there. However, there are only two Amtrak trains daily, and both are early early morning (dep CLE 3:00 & 3:45 AM WB and dep SKY 12:40 & 4:07 AM EB). Not a good option until Amtrak runs a daylight train on that route.

Hoping they bring back their ticket and FL+ combo deal this black Friday like they were doing every year pre-covid.  The $76 they charged for that was an absolute steal.  I would still buy it even if they hiked up the price significantly.

I just noticed that maXair is not listed on Cedar Point's website.  I would guess it won't be running this year at all,  but that's just a hunch.  Odd because in the 4 times I have visited Kings Island since last September, their Huss Giant Frisbee was running each time.  

Edit: my bad.  It's the very last ride on the list.  D'oh!  Sorry about that.  I'm willing to admit I was wrong!

Just seems like a lot more downtime than usual on all the coasters at CP. 

Tony says there's an announcement later this afternoon at 430, I just hope it's not news reducing hours. It's probably just an announcement for a future announcement.