Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1230: Cheetah Chase launched racing slides announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby LiftThrill » Sun May 27, 2018 8:57 am

When I was there in 2016, the longest we waited in a line for a coaster was 15-20 minutes for Thunderbird, though Voyage broke down for about an hour both times we went to ride (if it weren't for the breakdowns it'd have been 5-10 minutes). Raven was a station wait to walk-on, and Legend was maybe 10-15 (maybe a little longer, I don't remember too well). The water rides had longer lines, about 50 minutes for Mammoth and 20 for Wildebeest. I'm guessing a Sunday will have shorter waits than a Monday, but you never know. The operations are great there, so even a line that looks kinda long will move fast.
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ratdogg68 » Sun May 27, 2018 9:56 am

Airboss wrote:I'm looking at a road trip that includes Holiday World next Sunday (6/3). I'm not too familiar with how crowded this place gets, do you guys think I would be able to ride each coaster multiple times?

You should be able to do it all multiple times. Even enough time to hit Wildebeest and Mammoth. Sundays are very managable at Holiday World.
Let the Riding begin

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby JT325 » Sun May 27, 2018 10:49 am

Airboss wrote:I'm looking at a road trip that includes Holiday World next Sunday (6/3).

And miss Holiwood Nights by one day!? Do yourself a favor, re-arrange your trip ;)
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Airboss » Sun May 27, 2018 11:38 am

JT325 wrote:
Airboss wrote:I'm looking at a road trip that includes Holiday World next Sunday (6/3).

And miss Holiwood Nights by one day!? Do yourself a favor, re-arrange your trip ;)

I'm not in any Coaster Clubs, so I wouldn't be able to get in anyways. I'm not too big a fan of night rides anyways, I prefer to know where I'm going =)

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby JT325 » Sun May 27, 2018 11:40 am

^You can always get in as a "guest" of another club if you ever wanted to go. Plus, the event is much more than night rides... it's walk-backs, super-coveted water park ERT (Mammoth and Wildebeest! Must dos even for the non-waterpark-going), etc.
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Airboss » Sun May 27, 2018 11:40 am

ratdogg68 wrote:
Airboss wrote:I'm looking at a road trip that includes Holiday World next Sunday (6/3). I'm not too familiar with how crowded this place gets, do you guys think I would be able to ride each coaster multiple times?

You should be able to do it all multiple times. Even enough time to hit Wildebeest and Mammoth. Sundays are very managable at Holiday World.

Thanks! There's a little rain in the forecast that morning but it seems to stop when the park opens. Looking forward to it, I'll post a trip report here after :)

Postby Raven Maven » Sun May 27, 2018 1:35 pm

Might want to catch up on the happy news about the new control systems in place this season for Raven, Legend, and Voyage: https://www.holidayworld.com/holiblog/2018/04/20/podcast-controls-freak/ They've made quite a difference!

This reminder to those planning to join us for HoliWood Nights - online registration closes at midnight tonight! http://HolidayWorld.com/Clubs (onsite reg include the $15 Dreaded Procrastination Tax.)
Paula Werne
Holiday World Communications
HoliBlog, Facebook & HoliTwit

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:26 pm

Holiday World has been pretty cool. The water park ert was great as I got to marathon wildebeest (water slide airtime :o ) and mammoth, which were both awesome. All the coasters were good. I expected a bit more intensity in the airtime on Voyage but wow what a ride. I knew it was fast but good Lord, I swear it felt fastest at the end. The way that second half picks up speed and doesn't let up. Just wow. Raven was epic in back, Legend seems to get the least fanfare but I really liked it. Was at times smoother than raven and also rougher. I may possibly like it a tad over raven, well see with more rides. Also all wing coasters should be launched I have to say!
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:03 pm

Edit: I see my error. Voyage is a back ride coaster. Finally nerved up and did back row. That airtime was savage! Also wasn't any rougher than in front m, almost seemed better (maybe my body has been rattled to malfunction) what a crazy ride. Deff top 10. Still cant believe how much butt it hauls. Im going with Legend over Raven the latter has better sir but legend is so intense.
Also very appreciative of the free sunscreen and soda. Both saved my life today and will tomm :)
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Mentaur » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:30 am

What a great evening we had. The staff were so friendly and welcoming. The two water coasters are unlike anything we’ve experienced before and just incredible fun. To be able to just ride them again and again was an experience I’ll never forget. We worked out some great air-time techniques for Wildebeast - the last magnet always so to give you a final kick and once or twice I swear we just soared straight over the crest of the hill.

Riding The Voyage has been a life goal after watching Robb’s video some years back, and our first ride - in the middle for safety - but in darkness when we had no idea what was coming at any point was just a religious experience. I echo thoughts above, as the second section is quite extraordinary in the way it gets up to maximum speed again so quickly. The double-down in the tunnel was quite a shock! We rode a second time in the front row but a bug hit me in the eye halfway through and that made me nervous, and my body was not sure I could survive a third. Sounds like we’ll have to try the back today. After riding The Beast earlier yesterday I found The Voyage definitely the smoother of the two. It’s hard not to wonder what it’d be like with the articulated trains it was intended to have at one point as those were amazing on Mystic Timbers.

With more time in the park today we left The Raven and Legend to be experienced with fresh heads. We’ve had a crazy week of KD, Kennywood, CP, KI and now HW and I’m already so glad we hit the road to get down here and am already planning how to get our respective kids over from the UK to do those water coasters.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!