TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

The park is very creative and they've already gotten people involved with the petition and Spotify list (which wasn't mentioned on here, so if you didn't already know, there is a Project X Spotify list the park created).

I hope this isn't the same playlist that includes songs with such classy titles including "We want some p*ssy" or "Bi*ch better have my money." Am I searching Spotify incorrectly?

Excited for tomorrow, crossing my fingers for a height record as this is one of those parks I can actually make it to every couple years without really going out of my way to travel!

My final predictions before the ride is announced.

Name: Doesn't matter; people will b!tch.

Height: Doesn't matter; people will b!tch.

Speed: Doesn't matter; people will b!tch.

Length: Doesn't matter; people will b!tch.

Ride Time: Doesn't matter; people will b!tch.

G-Forces: Doesn't matter; people will b!tch.

Color scheme: Doesn't matter; people will b!tch.

Number of bolts used in the construction: Doesn't matter; people will b!tch.

About a million other useless statistics: Doesn't matter; people will b!tch.

The park is very creative and they've already gotten people involved with the petition and Spotify list (which wasn't mentioned on here, so if you didn't already know, there is a Project X Spotify list the park created).

I hope this isn't the same playlist that includes songs with such classy titles including "We want some p*ssy" or "Bi*ch better have my money." Am I searching Spotify incorrectly?

No, that's not it. It's called #TEOTWAWKI.

This is one of my favorite posts I've ever seen on here. I honestly don't even care about the numbers most of the time anymore unless they're just like super slow .

I am very excited for the announcement. Unfortunately I won’t get to watch it when it happens but for good reason I’ll be front and center at Iron Maiden tonight. I will never be disappointed with KI getting a big coaster. I look forward to my phone blowing up from all my friends messaging me about it.

Honestly why I stay away from most enthusiasts. The fact that a large portion of this community has gotten to a point where a coaster with a 300ft drop isn't good enough just bothers me. I get not liking a ride once you have actually ridden it. But stats on paper never tell the whole story. Mako is a prime example.

Why does the announcement have to be 10pm and not 10am when everyone's awake?

They want to project it on a screen or the side of FoF, I believe. That, and those of us who are tall enough to ride this ride can probably stay up past 10.

Night shift FTW.

Why does the announcement have to be 10pm and not 10am when everyone's awake?

I'm thinking the earlier speculation of the name or theme being Orion or Polaris has something to do with the 10pm announcement time. It's a bit difficult to go star gazing in broad daylight.

Thanks to anybody who actually read this epic tome, and if you did, hopefully you found it interesting, and thought provoking!

Absolutely! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Your passion and enthusiasm is super uplifting and appreciated. I don’t think anything you had to say was too “out-there”, and hopefully, to the benefit of all of us, you’re right about some of your guesses!

Intelligent speculation is always fun when it comes to coaster announcements. But regardless of the specific details Kings Island unveils tonight, I hope we can all agree that this is going to be a world-class coaster!

KIGA

No.

Yes.

So, it's a Kigagoaster?

Love it! 10/10

Meanwhile, it's been a great day ar the park today (well, other than Diamondback being down all day), with everything walk on, or nearly walk on! Can't wait for the announcement in a couple hours! This truly is a great park already, and is about to get even greater!

Edited by DILinator

Hi everyone! I'd just like to let everyone know I'm an idiot! I thought I'd be "cute" and post the new ride info and BE FIRST to say it on the forums, because somehow I thought maybe that would get girls to like me or something...

Turns out...I'm just a moron and all it does is cause the admins to have to do MORE WORK and it got me banned from the forum.

Edited by robbalvey

Kings Island introducing 'Orion,' the world's newest giga coaster

99988359_ScreenShot2019-08-15at10_26_24PM.thumb.png.659fb64ae89b847cce90e68e3ec1c250.png

Ride Manufacturer: Bolliger & Mabillard

Coaster Type: Steel

Classification: Giga

Lift/Launch System: Chain lift hill

Duration: 3 minutes

Trains: 3 trains with 8 cars. Riders are seated 4 across in a single row for a total of 32 riders per train

Capacity: 1,650 riders per hour

Minimum Height Requirement: 54 inches

Ride Opening: Spring 2020

Track Length: 5,321 feet

Height of First Drop: 300 feet

Length of First Drop: 447 feet

Total Number of Hills: 8

Height of Hills: 287 feet, 174 feet, 202 feet, 56 feet, 147 feet, 125 feet, 90 feet, 83 feet

Top Speed: 91 mph

Thrill-seekers will experience a new level of excitement when they visit Kings Island in 2020. Joining the world-class line-up of roller coasters at the park is Orion®, one of only seven giga coasters in the world, a class of roller coasters having a height or drop of 300-399 feet.

Themed to the park's new Area 72, the ride features the latest prototype vehicle developed by the Project X initiative. Scientists are in a race against time to develop technology capable of weaving transport vehicles through a coming meteor storm and traveling to a new planet within the Orion constellation. For the program to be successful, it needs volunteers to help with testing.

Riders on Orion will plummet down an exhilarating 300-foot first drop, sending them on a high-speed journey over seven more hills and 5,321 feet of track at speeds up to 91 mph on Kings Island's tallest, fastest and longest steel roller coaster.

Orion was exclusively designed for Kings Island by Switzerland-based Bolliger & Mabillard, which also designed the park's popular Banshee and Diamondback roller coasters.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/explore/orion

ki-orion-mg1.thumb.jpg.fac10533bcd7c5c67cfb9dc29fa4072c.jpg

ki-orion-mg2.thumb.jpg.8381b9771228f7e0043eafd4df3bcbd3.jpg

ki-orion-mg3.thumb.jpg.a3cea2de4281db28c0ec4c0ca3ea6962.jpg

ki-orion-mg4.thumb.jpg.80cb097a9899e5777aa566df57bd8421.jpg

ki-orion-mg5.thumb.jpg.cdb7c1d5e08ffe1fa2845863cb6e7076.jpg

ki-orion-mg6.thumb.jpg.b49c6cc94771630cab4776302f79a062.jpg

ki-orion-mg7.thumb.jpg.c8d7cdaf55b6c267f3c9aef61732ef72.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

That stream was awful. Also really surprised they didn't have a press release sent out the minute the ride was announced or Videos already uploaded to their Youtube set to publish right after the announcement. Seems like this whole thing was just kinda threw together with no thought whatsoever.

Edited by ZeroGravity55

Wow. That live stream was um... "not good." I'm now waiting for any official announcement to go up so I can post the info here.

Yeah, the stream was... poor. One of the better comments during the stream was that someone used a piece of celery as a router.