TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My visit this past weekend was great, even with Saturday being very busy and me missing out on FL until Sunday.    I went into Orion not having followed its construction or watched a POV or even

Get over it man.  You've made your point and we get it; it's silly that this park did not do a Winterfest-lite.  Make the 8 hour drive to KD if you want to experience that, just like all of us with KD

I went the weekend before last and wasn't going to do any sort of report or review, but with this discussion, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I thought Orion was fantastic.  Millennium Force is th

Posted Images

Finally rode Diamondback, Banshee and Mystic Timbers. Diamondback was great, fast and fun. Banshee was good, but both times I rode it I came off nauseous and Mystic Timbers was fun.

Edited by ratdogg68
At long last, we have teasers! (Or...something, at least)

7FDAD030-4E83-45C2-87AF-F4CB1B60B341.thumb.jpeg.b79198b080286b28994146ce7f331e19.jpg.301fd96ba46f2567b579ebe3bed8c7a8.jpg

Credit - KICentral member Enchanted Voyage Lover

Some things of note...

-20 would be the years that Invertigo/Face/Off has been at the park.

-11 the years FH spent at the park

- The color spectrum on the Firehawk poster represents the colors X-Flight had (green, navy blue), and the red and grey obviously being Firehawk's colors

Other than that, I don't think there's really much here to decipher (nor that really needs deciphering). My guess is that in the days/weeks to come they will put out a sign for each coaster at the park one at a time. Similiar to CP en route to Steel Vengeance announcement

Not sure I agree... why is there an ECG 12-Lead for a coaster that is dead?

Also, why does it say 11 AZ? Firehawk wasn’t in Action Zone area of the park like Invertigo is- It was in X-base.

Well there we go! I haven't been to the park for a few weeks, but I'm liking the posters so far. It also reminds me of what CGA did prior to Railblazer being announced. I guess there's now a Flight of Fear poster too? And it looks like that one has a "0," so I'm guessing whoever said the posters will end up spelling "Kings Island 2020" is probably right.

It’s almost as if enthusiasts should just let parks present us with information as they see fit to create some sense of mystery, and not try to discover every single detail of a new attraction. But that would require patience.

It’s almost as if enthusiasts should just let parks present us with information as they see fit to create some sense of mystery, and not try to discover every single detail of a new attraction. But that would require patience.

I completely agree. Perfectly said!

The park has literally been teasing the past few days by putting posters on the fence.

But you wouldn't know that by coming on here.

^ Correct. Teasers do nothing for me either. All I want to know is who the manufacturer is and what type of coaster it is going to be. I like when people find construction permits or plans so we can just cut to the chase without the teaser hype.

Well, modern announcements have two elements, surprise and fear. And ruthless efficiency. Three elements. And an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.

Amongst park announcements are such diverse elements as surprise, fear, ruthless efficiency....I'll start again.

Surprised to see no new activity on here. In fact, it’s almost like it’s The End of the World as We Know It.

Probably because teasers aren't really meant for enthusiasts as they're the only ones nerdy enough to go to city hall once a week and look for blueprints and permit filings. So by the time they start, especially at a park like KI that has to submit all that stuff to the local government there's no surprise.

So why work yourself up? I just wanna know the announcement date.

Teasers are meant for the average daily visitor to learn something new is coming and invest in a new season pass. That's all. Most enthusiasts still can't comprehend that parks don't revolve around them. They're ads.

Well, modern announcements have two elements, surprise and fear. And ruthless efficiency. Three elements. And an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.

Amongst park announcements are such diverse elements as surprise, fear, ruthless efficiency....I'll start again.

Spanish Inquisition: The Ride

might be popular with those who like "Haunt"

It's hilarious that on Facebook people are criticizing the lack of creativity in the teaser.

I'm just surprised there aren't more construction updates here.

Personally I think teasers are fun, even when we know exactly what's coming, as in the situation were in right now. As to why I was disappointed/surprised at them not having teasers earlier (and it was starting to seem like there was not going to be any at all), is because this is KI after all. They always deliver on kind of stuff. If this was some other park not known for teasing big new coasters then yeah I wouldn't be surprised, but because KI's precedent of pulling off teaser campaigns incredibly well naturally I had high expectations for them in this realm.

That having said, they are now exceeding my expectations. These posters, while filled with mostly irrelevant/purposefully diverting info on them (as typical teasers are), they're still cool to look at imo.

67152110_2279054759026975_1950867544202018816_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQnHGULG8aOQgfyJfApEcUFdVpYuVCIhIwETWnaMV2BmG07igkvA4zPbg2JxxP8uRXqGBzEQAiqn3M93aM8pjdLW&_nc_ht=scontent.fluk1-1.fna&oh=440668a7839c7ae8f6c878bafe8024fb&oe=5DDF4053

T E O F T W _ _ KI

In fact, it’s almost like it’s The End of the World as We Know It.

lol. I see what you did there

Okay, I'm liking this petition thing so far. Very clever! Over 1300 signatures so far.

I know we basically know a lot about this project already but I still find teaser campaigns fun and amusing. I mean, if the park can run an effective teaser campaign for a ride after it was already announced with a ride video, layout, and everything, then who's to say they shouldn't or couldn't run a teaser campaign for a ride that's yet to be announced even though there have been "leaks"?