TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

I wonder how difficult it would be for a B&M to pull off a dive coaster with a barrel roll twist thing like Ka/Dragster?

Either the coaster would have to be extremely tall (like KK or TTD) or have a really fast twist which would result in high forces, especially given how wide dive coaster trains are (and I kind of doubt B&M would do that).

According to KI's Instagram It's open to the public

The time is coming when everything will be revealed and made known to all. After months of speculation as to what's behind the fence in Coney Mall, Kings Island will make a major announcement Thursday, August 15 at 10 p.m. All guests visiting the park that day are invited to attend. While Kings Island closes August 15 at 8 p.m., select rides, games and food locations will remain open in Coney Mall for guests to enjoy from 8-10 p.m. #TEOTWAWKI #KI2020 #KingsIsland

I'm gonna try to be there as well.

I was at the park today and had a great time. Very short lines everywhere. I did see a rideop with a Zodiac button on. I don't think they have a ride call that do they? If they do, it must be in the kiddie area. That would make sense with the "nighttime reveal" of this info. Just a thought.

^Zodiac was a double-armed ferris wheel that operated in Coney Mall throughout the 70s-80s...

KI.jpg

There is an easter egg nodding to that ride as well as several "fallen" rides on Antique Autos. While it would certainly fit the constellation theme, I doubt it would be called that.

If it's constellation themed, it's fitting to announce it at night.

On this note, its cool that the last 3 coaster announcements for KI will have taken place at night (and have all had fitting themes)

I bet it's going to be a giga coaster...

Has anyone used Uber to get to and from the park? Our hotel is about ten minutes away, but I don't know if they usually drive up to the drop off/pick up area and their availability on a Saturday night at closing.

Dang, that sounds like a good time! Now I kind of want to go down there for it!

DO ITTT!!! I think I might be able to make it. I work that day but I talked to my manager about maybe getting off a bit early. Even if I can't we close at 8 and I could be out of there pretty quickly and make it to the park before 10.

Interesting. I wonder why they’re set on making the announcement at 10 if the park closes at 8. Does it not get dark in Cincy till that late?

No, it doesn't really get dark until around 10. I've been waiting for dark to go on my night walks and it's been about 10 every day before the sun is all the way down.

I bet it's going to be a giga coaster...

Has anyone used Uber to get to and from the park? Our hotel is about ten minutes away, but I don't know if they usually drive up to the drop off/pick up area and their availability on a Saturday night at closing.

When will you guys be going to the park? Shoot me a message because maybe we can meet up and I could help you.

Dang, that sounds like a good time! Now I kind of want to go down there for it!

DO ITTT!!! I think I might be able to make it. I work that day but I talked to my manager about maybe getting off a bit early. Even if I can't we close at 8 and I could be out of there pretty quickly and make it to the park before 10.

I haven't completely ruled it out yet, but practically speaking, it's a long ways to go just for that, and a bit costly without a pass, and needing lodging. I've gotta save for this trip to Canada's Wonderland and Niagra Falls next month! Lol But if I end up going, I'll be sure to let you know!