TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

17 hours ago, coasterbill said:

2) It’s Six Flags and I get 4 line skips. I’m sure the process of picking them up will be maddening and overly complicated because it’s La Ronde but realistically I should be able to get in and out of that place in like 2 hours, ride the hypothetical new ride that’s going to get me there, ride the only other good coaster and then probably ride that Dragon thing like twice with my other line skips because it’s actually so stupid it’s fun. Then I could get the hell out of there.

Because it's La Ronde, Dragon isn't eligible for the Flash Pass or skip the line passes.

24 minutes ago, Haymaker said:

I would say cut SF some slack for now... they took over mid 2018, added SkyScreamer for 2019 and were due to re-brand the waterpark to Hurricane Harbor and add a new slide until Covid hit. Had that not happened, who knows where theyd be right now. As it is, the park has steadily improved in appearance during this season, and some long closed things like Pirate and the covered bridge re-opened. Sleigh Ride was completely refurbished. Im told the Giant Wheel is getting pulled because it has a crack in the axle saddle and isnt financially feasible for repair. Grizzly Run, like all similar raft rides, is a high maintenance & labor expensive ride. Thunder Rapids was high maintenance and just stopped being repairable. Is it a great park? No, but it has its perks and we'll see if SF takes better care of it this round. 

Can you show me on this doll where the bad man touched you?

Jeez....Darien Lake sucks, always had sucked, and always will suck.  Just because it's your home park, it doesn't change the facts.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, hoppedup said:

Wow. That is definitely not a park I thought would pop up in this thread. Crazy talk. 

Overhyped park man. I get that the scenary is nice, but there are hundreds of hiking trails near me I could go to for free if I wanted to see a nice tree. 

I think we went on a bad day-operations were terrible and there was a lot of downtime. We spent most of our time running around trying to get on something. 

I'd much rather go to KD than BGW if I was making the trip... 

33 minutes ago, BotanicalStig said:

Overhyped park man. I get that the scenary is nice, but there are hundreds of hiking trails near me I could go to for free if I wanted to see a nice tree. 

I think we went on a bad day-operations were terrible and there was a lot of downtime. We spent most of our time running around trying to get on something. 

I'd much rather go to KD than BGW if I was making the trip... 

I can say with certainty that you're in the minority.  (tho KD is a fantastic park as well)

and if you think BGW is so well loved because of the Scenery (and not for the crafts, the shows, the animals, the inanely fantastic rides, in addition to how gorgeous the park is)?  Then nothing I can say is going to change your mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coasterbill said:

The reason that nobody mentioned Elitch Gardens is because they all have to go back to ride the other 3-4 coasters that were closed when they went there the first time.

I’m not going back for Halfpipe.  I rode Sidewinder, the dark ride, and Twister II and got the hell out.  No need to ever go back, since I really don’t care enough about counting credits anymore to bother with an SLC , Boomerang, and Roller Skater (were open, I just don’t care).

30 minutes ago, Jew said:

I’m not going back for Halfpipe.  I rode Sidewinder, the dark ride, and Twister II and got the hell out.  No need to ever go back, since I really don’t care enough about counting credits anymore to bother with an SLC , Boomerang, and Roller Skater (were open, I just don’t care).

I missed out on Half Pipe and Sidewinder. Even if I happen to be in Denver again while Elitch is still there, I don't plan on going back.

1 hour ago, bert425 said:

I can say with certainty that you're in the minority.  (tho KD is a fantastic park as well)

and if you think BGW is so well loved because of the Scenery (and not for the crafts, the shows, the animals, the inanely fantastic rides, in addition to how gorgeous the park is)?  Then nothing I can say is going to change your mind.

In the minority? Yeah, probably. Does that make me wrong? Meh :)

Also.... I'm not trashing the place. Just saying I'm in no rush to go back.  I like BGT, if that eases your mind. 

On the other hand, the park I want to revisit most is Knotts. 

4 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

Can you show me on this doll where the bad man touched you?

Jeez....Darien Lake sucks, always had sucked, and always will suck.  Just because it's your home park, it doesn't change the facts.

Can you show me where on this thread the bad man said it was great?

I in fact said the opposite.

I was simply stating that there was logical reasons for ride removals, and reason for guarded optimism that the place will improve.

The park is what it is, a mid sized regional park full of cloned coasters. 

I'm going to take the "never again" remark to a... "you can never go back, again" kind of comment.

Two parks come to mind for that. Both in Japan. One is Toshimaen and the other by Tivioli.

And Tivoli was where Kristen/Kidtums got her first coaster ride. Truth!

And they are both closed, forever. 😢 So ..... "never again", but for sadder reasons.

C_09Gardens_Tivoli.jpg.0fc6818ec784f7a5c0ffe375ced6018f.jpg

The Tivoli park ..... TPR Japan Tour, 2007.

• Like 1

Realistically, I might end up going to parks that I personally don't like in the future in the off-hand chance that I end up back in the area for travels. And I generally avoid first visits to parks that are obviously terrible.

I think for me, maybe Gilroy Gardens? Even though it is a decent park, I don't personally think that I get anything out of it (for obvious reasons). It's also in that sweet spot of being far away enough not to be my home park, but close enough that I won't travel to the area for a long, dedicated vacation.

I'm going to go off of the last 15 years and parks I could go to again and haven't.

Six Flags America, when it's an extra 30 minutes to go to GADV it's hard to justify going to it. Even though it's an hour and a half away, I haven't gone in a decade.

Idlewild, I've only done it once and while it's a nice little charming park. I haven't gone since 2008 and don't really have any plans to unless they build a new family coaster. Likewise, I live 30 minutes from Dutch Wonderland and have passed it 100 times or more, but I can't justify making a day out of it when I can just go to Hershey. Even though they have 2 coasters I would enjoy, I find myself just waiting for a younger family member interested in going rather than myself riding a couple of things and leaving.

Lakemont, the operating schedule is too annoying to bother with it. I've gone to this park when it's supposed to be open for it to just be closed, got the credits about a decade ago and while the classics are decent I hated the park. The only park I've ever been to they kept operating rides in a thunderstorm. The scariest memory I have was the slow load/unload while we were essentially trapped on the Skydiver as we finally got off in the middle of lightning storm, they were still putting riders on! I don't know who was more crazy, the people riding it anyways or the people operating the ride, that's Altoona for you.

Sea World San Antonio - I can't see myself going back, it's a strange park with okay coasters. It's really out of the way for us and if we're in the area there's enough nearby to try different things. I hold SWO near and dear to my heart but this park felt like 20% of that park in almost every way.

Every other park I've been too, even small, I've enjoyed enough or have had reason enough to go back. Even the parks I don't like all that much like the OC boardwalk, at least have enough of a reason to check them out.

Here's some honorable mentions, some defunct:

Hard Rock Park - The park was cool, but expensive and we found ourselves spending just a few hours and that was with re riding everything. Clearly we weren't alone in our feelings and while it was cool, it would of taken a lot of motivation to go back to it over Carowinds or any other park within 8 hours.

Nascar Speed Park - Not much to do, but I love roadside attractions for some reason so to say I'd never go back or feel the need to go to is probably not true, but it's pretty lame compared to everything in the area.

Pedroland - It hardly exists anymore and I did stop by recently to get a good laugh. I can't believe the few rides that are still there are even standing anymore. About a decade ago they were refurbishing the coaster and a bunch of other things, but I've never actually witnessed anything ever operate. That's probably for the best!

Dorney: The Thread.

On 8/23/2021 at 2:34 PM, BotanicalStig said:

I would be willing to go back, but the closest for me is BGW. Too much walking and not enough to do. Went.. 5 years ago? It isn't very far from us but we've had no desire to go back. 

Congrats you've just killed God.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here's one for me, Legoland Florida.

I enjoyed the couple of visits I've had there but my kids are at the age now that there's practically nothing new they could build that would convince us to go there over Busch Gardens/Sea World/Universal/Disney etc, especially considering the price of admission. It's a good park, we had a lot of fun when both of my kids were under like age 5, but probably won't ever go back. 

I haven't really been to a park that I have no desire to return to. Some of my least memorable parks like Valleyfair and Elitch Gardens had coasters closed that entice me enough to make me want to return to 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 6:38 AM, larrygator said:

How could I have forgotten Walygator?  Oh wait, it was really easy to forget.

I forgot about this one, too! Such a crappy day there.

Half of everything was closed, food was so-so, and their main wooden coaster (Anaconda) was totally CRAP-TACULAR!

J_02MyHumbleOpinion_WalygatorParc.jpg.2f201bcba7e1b6b4807e23cb84d77df8.jpg

My Humble Opinion of Walygator Park. TPR 2008 Europe Tour.

If your one and only goal is credit whoring, Worlds of Fun may be a "never again" park for the foreseeable future.

On 8/23/2021 at 4:33 PM, bert425 said:

^This x100. My main guess is he's a young person whose main priority is riding as much as possible, like many of us started out.

Also, I agree with everything Bill said about Holiday World. I call it "Thunderbird Park." I've had nothing but seriously painful rides on Legend, and I can't comprehend how anyone over the age of 15 would want to tolerate it more than once, let alone like it.

Voyage has a great layout, but it sucks. The only time I was ever able to truly appreciate it was after pounded two 4 lokos in the parking lot.

I can't comprehend why people love the mediocracy of Liberty Launch.

I had one good ride on Raven. Ever.

Why has nothing been done about Pilgrim's Plunge yet, instead of building water coasters elsewhere???

There are the most redneck clientele I've ever seen, but they don't sell beer. There aren't even any decent restaurants that sell beer nearby!! 

I don't want to swim in the same water as those people.

Decent, and I do mean decent, hotels are not close.

Even the log flume sucks, because it's so mediocre.

Why the hell do people call the Thanksgiving dinner in the dining hall delicious? Their family Thanksgivings must have blown. It's 'not bad,' but the lunch lady does not make delicious meals, unless you're talking about square pizza.

HW is less than three hours from us and we never go. I enjoy telling this to people who drive across the country for it. I like Thunderbird and the Turkey Shooting (yes) Dark Ride. I'll drive six hours to KI and four hours to KK all day long, before going to HW. As a matter of fact, we pass HW for both. Suck it.

The biggest tragedy is I will have to go back for our daughter, when she's old enough.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Voyage has a great layout, but it sucks. The only time I was ever able to truly appreciate it was after pounded two 4 lokos in the parking lot.

Two 4 Lokos? In the parking lot of a good family friendly establishment like Holiday World? You're a psychopath, but I respect it.

I'm a big fan of packing a cooler full of cold waters and gatorades and maybe a cold beer to enjoy before driving home, but never thought to head out there and grab a drink mid day. Tailgating at a theme park is a great idea and I'm mad I never thought about it lol.