TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roughest coaster

The Roughest Coaster I have ever been on is the Superwirbel at Holiday Park. I don't know what happened during the winter but that track is jacked up. Two Seat in front of us a girl knocked out one of her front teeth. What a shame......
Yep, the contraxt between Holiday Park's two roller coaster is astronomical. Superwirbel is also my roughest ride ever. I banged my knee against something and walked like a criple for a couple of hours. Terrible ride.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Gwazi, tiger side. That thing put my wife off woodies for life, although I've tempted her back on a few since.

Honourable mentions go to:

Vampire at Walibi Belgium - I've seen a few people on this thread mention El Condor at Walibi Holland, which I think is the exact same design (isn't there also one of these at Busch Gardens in Tampa?), but I found El Condor to be silky smooth in the front row, whereas Vampire was punishing anywhere on the train.

Corkscrew, Alton Towers (although this was great when it first opened, so it's probably just the age of the thing).

La Via Volta at Walibi Holland. Still running as of 6 May 2007, by the way - wasn't it due to shut a week or so ago? These things are always swines though, the one at Walibi Belgium (Cobra?) and the one at American Adventure in the UK were just as bad, in exactly the same spot - the first reverse inversion.

1) Vortex at KGA is probably the roughest B&M coaster ever.

2) X is pretty rough if you ride anywhere but the front row.

3) The double corkscrew on SFMM's Viper is the roughest part on any arrow coaster I have ridden.

4) I probably don't need to mention this, but Vekoma Boomerangs and SLCs in general are extremely rough.

Son of Beast without a doubt. But they are fixing it up and I hope it will be smoother.

I had a death grip on the front bar and tears in my eyes trying to keep my back from slamming into the back of the seat. I got off that thing with my back sore and a splitting headache. I had to sit it down for a few minutes to recover.

I was thinking "Isn't this supposed to be fun?"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The roughest coaster I've ridden is by far Predator at Darien Lake. The first time it wasn't so bad(rough, but had some airtime), but the second time it felt like the whole structure would fall apart. The train shook through the entire ride, and it made Hades(2006) seem smooth. I spent 40 minutes at that park(Ros was closed), and I hope both the park and coaster get some care though. The park seems like it could be nice, and if Predator is retracked, then it could be a decent ride.

Last year, I had the "priveledge" of riding Hurricane: Category 5 at the Myrtle Beach Pavillion. That one definately makes the list!

This past Wednesday, I took my first trip to Darien Lake...Predator isn't all that great either. Each valley/crest seems to have 4-5 vertexes, making the transitions completely choppy. Definately not my favorite...

• 3 weeks later...