TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

11 hours ago, CaptainUnknown said:

While I am happy that Hershey is getting an RMC, and that I am excited to ride it one day; the separate load/unload stations has me curious as to how the ride will handle loose article storage and retrieval. I'm expecting some kind of fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo type of system.

I wonder if they will implement a double-sided locker system like SteVe and TT?  When you have separate load and unload areas, you have to have some kind of locker system.

21 hours ago, michaellynn4 said:

I didn't realize anyone missed Roller Soaker that much lol. I mean personally, I'd take the new water coaster / racing complex any day. That said, definitely agree this lineup is stacked. 

Yeah, it was just a joke, that thing was a hunk of junk lol.

• Haha 1

On 11/3/2022 at 7:56 AM, willh51 said:

HersheyPark now arguably has the best ride line-up in the country.  I mean an RMC conversion, solid dueling woody, classic woody, excellent invert, classic Schwarzy, great Boomerang, operating Intamin hydraulic launch, Intamin megalooper, Intmain insane mega, great B&M mega, S&S towers, indoor spinner, dark rides, family rides.   F**k.  That's like the dream park I would make in Roller Coaster Tycoon. 

Easy there, champ. Put it back in your pants.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

^ yup. . in our swing thru Penn. years ago, Hershey's WHIP ranked absolutely bottom of the barrel (I recall Dorney has one, and even THAT one was better).

the best thing I can say about Hersheypark's whip, was the operator was really cool the time I went there in 2018  (she was kinda goth, and posed for a pic for me when I asked)

IMG_5198.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikeykaise said:

Not trying to make it into a thing or start a rumor, but I just had to laugh when I saw the M&M characters are going to be doing meet and greets in WDW resort.

Please enlighten me how the Disney Springs M&Ms store adding characters based on Mars chocolate characters has anything to do with Hersheypark?

• Like 2

On 11/3/2022 at 4:20 PM, VegasBaby said:

I wonder if they will implement a double-sided locker system like SteVe and TT?  When you have separate load and unload areas, you have to have some kind of locker system.

Hershey already offers complementary lockers for numerous coasters. So, I assume that’s what they’re gonna do for this ride too. I believe only the cedar fair parks enforce all loose articles to be stored in a locker and make you go full TSA in order to ride an RMC. 

hershey’s operations aren’t the greatest so curious to see what the real life hourly capacity will be

Yea the physics are all over the place but the layout looks super fun. Maybe it’s just me, but seeing the ominous support-free lift hill in the background as you zoom through the elements adds to the overall experience. 

Wow...in a world where parks try to make their animations sped up and sensationalized and hype Hershey puts out this janky thing where parts of it look like its moving through molasses lol BUT still cool. This will solidify Hershey as the #2 coaster lineup for a long while. Will be going a couple times this year I am sure