TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 272: New Howl-O-Scream 2022 details released!

1 hour ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

Can't wait to ride it on Sunday. I think the airtime is surprising people, especially the jump into the top hat. Can't wait!

Can I borrow your plat pass for a lap on Sunday if crowds are light?  And if it's even possible?  Pretty please? Maybe just print another out front at the self service machines?  

Rode Ice Breaker a couple of times today.  I think it's a solid ride for the park and fits a well needed 48" height requirement demographic.  If you want airtime, the back seemed to deliver better than the front.  We'll have more video and photos up tomorrow!  I still maintain the ride would be a lot better without the "Comfort Collars" which serve no restraint purpose. 

• Like 9

I think my faith was right, seeing both that POV some rider cam vids looks like some more airtime than expected and both reactions and comments so far have been nothing but "that was really good!" Also wasn't someone saying that top hat was pointless/terrible? Looks to fly pretty quick over it :)

I am waiting for all the enthusiasts that were meh on this to suddenly start gushing now lol 

But yeah I am pretty excited

Managed to get 3 rides on Ice Breaker today - in the front, middle, and back. I will say that all seats have strong airtime. I think I preferred the front seat almost only because of the step-up into the top hat (VERY strong airtime), but the back was better for the spike and the pull down the top hat. I would say the back half of the layout is pretty similar in all seats. The turnaround is quite good too. It's a fun ride that fits very well into the park's lineup. I personally still prefer all 3 B&Ms in the park but Ice Breaker is a pretty high-thrill family coaster, I think it will surprise a lot of people who don't know much about the ride. They were also pumping out trains pretty well. Not perfect but it has a much better capacity than the single-train Sky Rocket IIs. The line was always moving at a pretty steady pace, and at least from my observations it is quite reliable too - no breakdowns that I noticed for the several hours I was in the area waiting/riding.

Happy to finally have this open and if nothing else, it also looks great and is fun to watch.

24 minutes ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

no breakdowns that I noticed for the several hours I was in the area waiting/riding.

Well it should be broken in by now considering it’s a two-year-old ride…

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

• 2 weeks later...

Just catching up on news here since we will be coming back to the park for the first time in about 4 years. Had no idea Antarctica closed down, that's interesting. I take it from a few of the comments that there were a lot of tech issues? I see on the website it is now listed as a walk through animal experience. We were in Orlando in Dec but didn't take the time to go to SWO since IB wasn't open yet and we already knew we would be back in May. 

^Antartica has been the exhibit-only experience for a few years now. You queue in the same way you did before, and you experience the first and second pre-shows that you would have seen before riding, but now you are sent directly into the open air animal exhibit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What type of crowds can be expected on a Monday in Feb? I have to imagine not much...but ya know it is Orlando, and well I'm not used to parks being open this time at all lol 
My FL trip has worked out that I do indeed have a free Monday, and since I'll be going to Universal on Tuesday might as well get Ice Breaker in too (and Manta and Mako)

20 hours ago, SharkTums said:

Honestly, the FL parks are no longer dead any day. Are you talking about this Monday valentines day, Monday the 21st which is a holiday or the 28th? That will change my answer.

That is kinda what I figured, it is Orlando after all. And yes, Monday the 21st the Holiday.... not what I would prefer but its how things shook out.

I stand by what I said a few pages back. I really don't know why the focus kept being on on how steep it was, and aiming at thrill seekers. I really think with very few changes to that layout, maybe an ordinary back spike, and trains without comfort collars/lower height restrictions, it could easily have been aimed at families as 'children's first launcher' especially with the 4 launches aspect.

Some under 54" kids that rode it the last month now have some serious coaster credit envy from their friends that can't ride it.

That's not a situation I'd like to be in.  Explaining to my kid he can't ride it for another year even though he's been on it plenty the last few weeks.

8 minutes ago, tndank said:

That's not a situation I'd like to be in.  Explaining to my kid he can't ride it for another year even though he's been on it plenty the last few weeks.

Or being the greeter at the attraction telling them they aren't tall enough anymore, despite them showing you a photo they were on it already...  😬 and then trying to explain the situation to a bunch of parents that their kids aren't tall enough (anymore). Mind as well just have a supervisor staked out up front permanently.

That really sucks. I feel like something had to have "happened" to make this change as a knee jerk reaction.... right?

• Like 2