TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

4 hours ago, coasterbill said:

I was waiting to hear what house would go along the old Antarctica ride path. Kudos to them for not just reusing "Frostbite" from the last Busch house that replaced an ice themed, budget-cut dark ride.

I actually think Beneath the Ice is more likely to be in Wild Arctic in the queue leading up to where the ride loads. 

I’m still curious to see if they find a use for the Antarctica ride path, but I think they have to be a little more careful since that space has unique temperature conditions and it dumps out into an open-air animal area.

• Like 1

I immediately thought of Wild Arctic because they show a monster inside some of those caves that's in the walk through, I realize that the haunt itself probably won't be inside of that area but one can dream right?

I hadn't thought about the Antarctica ride path until you mentioned it, and the fact that SeaWorld used the old Darkastle ride path has me intrigued by that idea. I'm not super familiar with they layout of that area anymore but I'm sure there's a way to bypass the animal exhibit if they wanted to.

I'm pretty excited for this event honestly, something new so it should be fun!

• Like 1

I feel like there’s probably a way to do it, but for the house to be a decent length, I’d imagine they’d have to build a little more of it outside of the building. The ride path was significantly shorter than DarKastle’s and the structure is still in use for the animal experience and the queue, which Williamsburg has the luxury of using DarKastle in full. There’s a lot less real estate facility that could be used which is why I’m not positive it’ll end up becoming a house… Though that’s not to say it couldn’t become a themed bar.

• Like 1

A new house, scare zone and themed bar experience have been announced for Howl-O-Scream Orlando!

1900x500-SWO-HOS-Haunted-Houses-Captains-Revenge.thumb.jpeg.7841d1799d1a8287e9a8974646966e90.jpeg

https://seaworld.com/orlando/events/howl-o-scream/haunted-houses/captains-revenge/

CAPTAIN'S REVENGE

A tempting and terrifying force has possessed those who once labored aboard this vessel. Against every warning, you descend into its dank underbelly in search of the captain who swore revenge on you. What grisly horror lurks around the next dimly lit corner? Creaks and groans fill the musty air. You’re surrounded by what remains of the ill-fated crew. It’s time to find a way out…before they find permanent quarters for you.

SEA OF SOULS

490x276-SWO-HOS-Sea-of-Souls.png.201a7f430d6ca5fb31c0faf0cad140b2.png

This is it…the site of that horrific shipwreck. Those marauding pirates were too arrogant to see their downfall coming, and now they’re doomed to wander through a sea of gruesome reminders. Their souls are restless, and their anger is real. They’ll never stop seeking revenge on those who’ve escaped their ghostly fate. Steer clear—if you can.

LONGSHOREMEN TAVERN

490x276-SWO-HOS-Longshoremen-Tavern.png.0e115b8b26f850215e5541348c5c1a15.png

When pirates pull into port, this be the tavern where they warm their bellies with rum. Take a break from the monsters and squalls, plant your weary hides, and join the merriment. In here, you might discover that an old SeaWorld treasure has been (partially) resurrected. They’re the Longshoremen, and they’ve been dying to entertain you again.

I'm anxious to see a map get posted for this event eventually to see where all of these haunts are going to be located. I was at the park this weekend and there was pretty much no visible construction within the park, or in the backstage areas that are visible from inside the park. 

The only thing that even looked like progress was side of the Nautilus theatre next to the que for Mako had some temporary railings like an entrance, not really set up but just sitting there, and the curtain at the exit to the simulator ride in Wild Artic near the entrance to the exhibit was pulled back a little and there were some spare lumber lying around so who knows. I know there's a lot of space back in the ports of call area and the sea harbor pavilions that I'm sure will get used some how, but I'm interested to see where all these houses and themed bars end up being located.

• Like 2

SeaWorld Orlando has announced the newest details for this year's Howl-O-Scream!

https://seaworld.com/orlando/events/howl-o-scream/attractions/?scroll-to=haunted-houses

HAUNTED HOUSES

WATER'S EDGE INN

1900x500-SWO-HOS-Haunted-Houses-WatersEdgeInn.thumb.jpeg.055deee893e07df3780c67889a14a553.jpeg

What began as an escape to a peaceful seaside hotel has turned into a terrifying struggle to find an escape from it.

This inn sure doesn’t look like the pictures in the review. From the moment you arrive, you can feel that something is terribly wrong. Every crumbling hallway and decaying room is crawling with restless souls. Maybe those wild stories about this place’s sea-crazed owner and his search for the sirens were true all along. Having second thoughts about checking in? Don’t worry, the staff will be right with you…everywhere you turn.

TERRIFYING SHOWS

SIRENS' SONG

1900x500-SWO-HOS-Shows-Sirens-Song.thumb.jpeg.030c3ba6ef6c904d262fb5e6311195c5.jpeg

The sirens are here to tell their story…and feast on your fears. Don’t miss a moment of this mesmerizing outdoor show.

Who's behind all these ominous occurrences? Here’s your chance to find out…if you have the courage to face her, and the ones she’s summoned to help her carry out the carnage. Prepare for special effects, hypnotic dancing, and spine-chilling savagery in this outdoor spectacle. This is the story of the sirens, and it’s not for the faint of heart.

SCARE ZONES

DEADLY AMBUSH

490x276-SWO-HOS-Deadly-Ambush.png.018d42f9dc2001f37972a14706863ca8.png

The year is 1961. You’ve wandered into a quaint campground, nestled in nature. It might sound like a dream, but a new nightmare has just begun here. What’s happened to the campers? Creatures are emerging from the darkness. There’s nowhere to hide, and no park ranger to rescue you. Get back to civilization now, before it’s too late.

THEMED BAR EXPERIENCES

SIRENS' LAST CALL

490x276-SWO-HOS-Sirens-Last-Call.jpeg.de3f5896fa000c0490572141cbe2d9e6.jpeg

Creatures of the shadows need a place to play too. Could it be this rusted-out underground warehouse? Glance around and do your best to blend in. The regulars here are followers of the siren, and they know how to spot an outsider. Be sure to pay homage to her by trying the bar’s signature drink, “The Siren's Kiss.”

HOWL-O-SCREAM RIDES IN THE DARK

It wouldn’t be a SeaWorld visit without a ride or two, but it wouldn’t be Howl-O-Scream without a dose of nighttime terror. After nightfall, every moment of fun comes with a splash of fear. Enjoy Mako, Orlando's tallest and fastest coaster, and Infinity Falls, Florida's tallest rapids ride, in the DARK!

660x410-SWO-HOS-Night-Attractions.jpeg.bae9930e25c32a9c1322eec89a8c043a.jpeg

I also noticed something of note in the description for the Front Line Fear Extreme... One of the houses will have bonus rooms accessible exclusively by Front Line Fear Extreme ticket holders.

EXCLUSIVE bonus rooms in one of the Howl-O-Scream houses

• Like 1

I'm still excited about this event but man only having Mako and Infinity Falls open is a little disappointing. It feels like the majority of this event will be in the far side of the park around those attractions, I'm guessing the shows will be in the Nautilus theatre and Bayside Stadium, so I'm assuming that's why Kraken and Manta aren't included but it's still a little disappointing. 

I'll still go, but my hype-level for this did drop quite a but just now.

I'm shocked they're not running all of their coasters since they only have three and Busch Tampa is running eight this year. With 4 houses and 2 rides (and only one that anyone really wants to ride at 1:00 in the morning) what exactly are you supposed to do for 7 hours?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SharkTums said:

^I'm also a little surprised they didn't at least include Manta?!? I wonder if they will end up including it when they see how busy it is.

Yeah I hope so, I know I read somewhere that the event won't use the main entrance but will use a separate entrance somewhere over by the pavilions so maybe it's an issue with keeping the Halloween event area secure while they're clearing the rest of the park. If that's the case surely they could find a way to  stagger the opening of Manta after the event starts or something?

I also wonder if the sharks pavilion will be open during the event. I mean it's right there so hopefully it is, but I have a feeling it won't be.

Just now, coasterbill said:

I'll still go, but my hype-level for this did drop quite a but just now.

I'm shocked they're not running all of their coasters since they only have three and Busch Tampa is running eight this year. With 4 houses and 2 rides (and only one that anyone really wants to ride at 1:00 in the morning) what exactly are you supposed to do for 7 hours?

Yeah same boat here. 

Wait a sec.  Looking at this new info tonight.

They are trying to get ~$100 to skip the lines on 4 houses and 2 rides?  And up to $150 on Saturdays to skip lines unlimited times on 4 houses and 2 rides?  Who is buying that?  

If I can't get through 4 houses and get a few laps on Mako in 7 hours, something is seriously wrong with the park, operations and the event.  Maybe if I only had an hour or two and wanted to do everything. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SharkTums said:

I wonder how much of this is a staffing issue? I did see they were offering a $500 bonus and a free season pass for 2022 if you worked the event!

Could be a staffing issue but it seems like Manta takes like 4 or 5 people to operate, I'd settle for 5 less actors in a haunt if it meant another coaster would operate.

So I am heading here in a couple weeks for the first time.  I am slightly worried about fitting on Mako and Manta much more Mako than Manta.  I can ride Apollo's Chariot but it always seems to be tricky to hit the sensor sometimes if I sit awkwardly.  I've heard Mako is slightly stricter?  Does anyone know from experience?  I can ride basically everything in Virginia except Griffon because of like a tenth of an inch on the seatbelts and that includes Twisted Timbers.  I am 6'3 314 46 inch waistline and might be slightly smaller when I finally go based on trends.  B&Ms seem to be a little trickier for the big and tall it seems like especially with OTSRs. 

Yeah unfortunately it’s a solo trip.  I haven’t been walked from Apollo at all this season, if it’s not like significantly stricter I imagine I should be cautiously optimistic.  I always go to parks in gym shorts and put everything in lockers.  Hopefully another two weeks of meal prep and cardio will give me an extra centimeter to my advantage.  

I'm not making the connection that only two rides will be open like all of you. It's just what they are "featuring" as being IN THE DARK. That could just be the featuring  those two rides for the website right now, but it could also mean that I think they will turn the lights off similar to Six Flags for those two rides in particular, but I think Kraken and Manta will still run with lights on like a "normal" night.

They would get a lot of flack did not opening all the coasters. A LOT. I don't see it happening, but then again SEAS never fails to amaze me sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

I think using this to sell passes for 2022 is probably the smartest move they can  make - even tho the ride looks ready to go (and has been for a while).

I mean, Feb 2022 is less than 6 months out at this point :)

Lots of Anticipated 2021 signs to  change!  Seriously though, this is great news and I'm happy for them!

Also, putting it out there, I tweeted about both rides this weekend and then 16 hours later we get an announcement so... =)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1