TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

22 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

Well it’s *definitely* the best waterpark in Orlando for the next few months. Lol

Lol, I don't know Island H2O might give them a run.......

We did drive by there and they had football games playing on the giant screen over the wave pool, looked pretty awesome tbh.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AMEN!!! It's so dumb to me that a company (Premier) which made headlines and won awards and praise from all of us for taking OTSR's OFF of rides that didn't need it is now needlessly putting OTSR

The Ice Breaker animated POV looks pretty good, I think it will have a good amount of airtime and may be a surprise hit! With that being said can someone PLEASE explain to me why Premier insists on pu

I honestly think that Universal Tweet is pretty pathetic.  Why do they need to shade on Sea World!?!? Have some confidence and focus on your own park. 

Posted Images

On 10/15/2020 at 11:21 AM, coasterbill said:

Friendly reminder to passholders to make sure you stop at guest services before the end of the year (On the left near the entrance)... as they’re giving out $50 in in-park credits and free drink vouchers which can be used on select beer due to covid.

Wow! That's nice!! 

• 1 month later...

The Ice Breaker animated POV looks pretty good, I think it will have a good amount of airtime and may be a surprise hit! With that being said can someone PLEASE explain to me why Premier insists on putting the comfort collars on every new ride???? It literally makes no sense considering rides like full throttle and Superman Ultimate Flight don’t use them and it works perfectly. In fact I thought Ultimate flight was a way better experience than Electric Eel mainly because of the collars. This ride doesn’t even go upside down and they’re still putting them on there. SMH

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Animal said:

The Ice Breaker animated POV looks pretty good, I think it will have a good amount of airtime and may be a surprise hit! With that being said can someone PLEASE explain to me why Premier insists on putting the comfort collars on every new ride???? It literally makes no sense considering rides like full throttle and Superman Ultimate Flight don’t use them and it works perfectly. In fact I thought Ultimate flight was a way better experience than Electric Eel mainly because of the collars. This ride doesn’t even go upside down and they’re still putting them on there. SMH

AMEN!!!

It's so dumb to me that a company (Premier) which made headlines and won awards and praise from all of us for taking OTSR's OFF of rides that didn't need it is now needlessly putting OTSR's back on rides that don't need them!!! UGH!!!

AND THERE IS NOTHING COMFORTABLE ABOUT COMFORT COLLARS.

Sorry, I'm just really passionate about this and I think it's crap. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

^My thoughts exactly! 20 years ago Premier were industry leaders in improving rider experience by retrofitting their trains with lap bars only. Then 10 years ago they showed us these exact trains (Sky Rocket @Kennywood) don’t need OTSRs... and now they’re putting them on every one of their new coasters?! Do Premier and these parks not realize how much the “comfort” collars suck? Because they do. So frustrating and a super disappointing trend.

Looks like they’re going on the new Manhattan Express trains too. Such a wasted opportunity.

It's just an unfortunate turn of events for SeaWorld that Velocicoaster and Ice Breaker will be opening in the same calendar year.

Ice Breaker looks great, it's gonna be a lot of fun but my only complaint is the 54" height requirement (assuming that's what it'll be since the other Premier sky rockets at SW parks are 54"). SeaWorld has 3 amazing B&M's that are all 54", this coaster would be a perfect intermediate ride for younger riders if it were 48" or 50" or something but that's not the case.

On 11/21/2020 at 12:20 PM, Animal said:

If my memory serves me correctly, this isn't Premier that's doing this. It's Busch/Seaworld that insisted on them for Tempesto and carried the trend into their other installments at other parks. What I don't understand though is why they're adding them to a non inverting coaster since that was the logic with Tempesto.

I think it may be a Busch thing, too. The only versions of the Sky Rocket model I see with collars are the ones installed at Busch / Seaworld parks. Phobia up at Lake Compounce operates without the collars, and two installations over in China from a couple years ago also don't operate with them. Either way, having ridden models both with and without the collars, I also don't get them as they seemingly serve no purpose aside from the lower insurance costs rumor that keeps getting bantered about.

4 hours ago, Hilltopper39 said:

Ice Breaker looks great, it's gonna be a lot of fun but my only complaint is the 54" height requirement (assuming that's what it'll be since the other Premier sky rockets at SW parks are 54"). SeaWorld has 3 amazing B&M's that are all 54", this coaster would be a perfect intermediate ride for younger riders if it were 48" or 50" or something but that's not the case.

I'm sure I read the Ice Breaker height restriction will be 48" - I remember they were really pushing the exact family-friendlier tone when they initially announced the coaster.

On the topic of the trains, I think Premier's current rolling stock is just about the worst out there from any of the major manufacturers at the moment, especially when you compare them to Intamin and Mack's current designs. I think they're ugly, not easy to get in/out of and the comfort collars are a really stupid solution to a problem that doesn't really exist.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, michaellynn4 said:

I think it may be a Busch thing, too. The only versions of the Sky Rocket model I see with collars are the ones installed at Busch / Seaworld parks. Phobia up at Lake Compounce operates without the collars, and two installations over in China from a couple years ago also don't operate with them. Either way, having ridden models both with and without the collars, I also don't get them as they seemingly serve no purpose aside from the lower insurance costs rumor that keeps getting bantered about.

I would agree on the Seaworld/Busch thing but they did add them to West Coast Racers at SFMM as well.

I honestly think that Universal Tweet is pretty pathetic.  Why do they need to shade on Sea World!?!? Have some confidence and focus on your own park. 

• Like 3

^Yeah, that tweet was obviously written by someone who thinks he's awfully witty.

^^ I thought that's just the state of corporate Twitter accounts in 2020, aren't they supposed to be "throwing shade" and "dropping mics" and "shots fired" and "giving sick burns" to anyone and everyone? No? Just Wendy's?

It looks like SeaWorld replied back, but then thought better of it and deleted their tweet:
seaworld.thumb.jpg.e31941d56c0d53b924aaf5c6b9e0be15.jpg

1 hour ago, coneyislandchris said:

^^ I thought that's just the state of corporate Twitter accounts in 2020, aren't they supposed to be "throwing shade" and "dropping mics" and "shots fired" and "giving sick burns" to anyone and everyone? No? Just Wendy's?

It looks like SeaWorld replied back, but then thought better of it and deleted their tweet:
seaworld.thumb.jpg.e31941d56c0d53b924aaf5c6b9e0be15.jpg

...and I don't like Wendy's! =)

Seriously though, I thought we had passed the snarky corporate twitter phase but I guess not.  Good for Sea World to let others come to their defense and take down the post even acknowledging the dig. 

13 hours ago, SharkTums said:

I agree, friendly competition is fine and all. These parks and companies are hurting though across the board, attacking neighboring parks in social media posts isn't tasteful right now. Ice Breaker was supposed to open sooner and had to push back for circumstances out of their control.

Universal keeps building this reputation that they don't play nice with others, which is ironic since they're number two in Orlando anyways. It's like second place making fun of third place and acting like their first.

It would take one post by Sea World addressing the pandemic and not being able to open on time and Universals witty comment could backfire. I love both parks, and in a normal climate I'd find it funny. However, I really would just like to see parks stay open and keep adding new rides.

Just my two cents on the whole thing.

• Like 1

Heading here for the first time this Monday 11/30. Fast lane required?? Or are waits 15ish mins or less? Any guidance is appreciated :-)

They might be expecting a few people to extend their holiday week since they’re running two Orca encounter shows but it’s really hard to say. Note that Kraken may be closed for budget since it’s a Monday but it also may not. They just make shit up as the go along. The website no longer lists that it’s closed on weekdays but it’s a holiday week now. They might throw that message back up.

3 hours ago, coasterbill said:

They might be expecting a few people to extend their holiday week since they’re running two Orca encounter shows but it’s really hard to say. Note that Kraken may be closed for budget since it’s a Monday but it also may not. They just make shit up as the go along. The website no longer lists that it’s closed on weekdays but it’s a holiday week now. They might throw that message back up.

Thanks for the heads up Bill! Is it easy to upgrade a regular ticket to the fast lane once in the park if it is a little busy?