TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy Idea:

A small theme park in Niagara Falls NY that is outdoors during the summer, but indoors during the winter. It could be covered during the winter using an inflatable "golf dome," which is then removed and put in to storage/rehabbed during the summer.

Herschend Family Entertainment will announce their acquisition of Cedar Fair and the immediate re-branding of all parks to Silver Dollar City. Outlaw Run clones and Ride the Ducks up-charge attractions will be added to all parks for the 2014 season.

That will be short-lived, however, because Six Flags, after having already bought Seaworld, will soon thereafter purchase Herschend, Merlin, Universal, and Busch Gardens in their quest for world domination. They will install Batman clones in all parks, except in parks where a clone already exists, they will install a mirror image Batman clone, paint it different colors and call it Goliath.

Disney will respond by adding 5 more character meet and greets per park including a special adults-only after dark "meet and greet" with Mary Poppins called Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious - by appointment only.

Lurking in the shadows, an unexpected super power: Santa's Village Azoosment Park, having secretly amassed about a third of the country's GDP, will pay off government officials and perpetrate the world's largest hostile takeover in history, thereby gaining control of Six Flags and Disney in one fell swoop and becoming the world's largest theme park company.

Makes plenty of sense. The bordering go kart area (which was also removed) would be an ideal location for the station of the ride, as well as to devote an actual queue area rather than the one SoB had that was just sort of "there" on the path to Flight Deck.

I don't think I posted this in the thread yet, but a solid source told me to expect something similar to Leviathan for Kings Island in 2014.

I had an interesting thought about this. I recall in the IAAPA interview, when Walter Bolliger was asked why we had not seen inversions on a hyper coaster that he did not want to discuss that point. I cannot help but wonder if that could be related to SOB's replacement.....

I don't think I posted this in the thread yet, but a solid source told me to expect something similar to Leviathan for Kings Island in 2014.

I had an interesting thought about this. I recall in the IAAPA interview, when Walter Bolliger was asked why we had not seen inversions on a hyper coaster that he did not want to discuss that point. I cannot help but wonder if that could be related to SOB's replacement.....

MOAR B&M SITTING COASTERS NAO.

In all seriousness, I think that a Behemoth-Leviathan relationship would be okay for Kings Island so long as the new coaster uses the standard trains (I would want the new coaster to use the standard trains regardless). Plus, you won't have the public complaining that the new coaster is a ripoff of Millennium Force.

He most likely did not want to discuss that because he felt the question was unnecessary.

If a park wants a hyper coaster sized ride with inversions, there will be one. It's not really B&M's decision.

I heard people saying that Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier, & Galveston TX are claiming to be sinked into water!

The Pier AND the City are sinking!? LOL

Unfortunately yes. All the sand and beach underneath structures is slowly being eroded away. Building on barrier islands never works out in the end.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but...

I was thinking recently, how awesome would it be if Great Bear at Hershey was a flyer? You'd keep the pre-drop helix and steep drop, then change the loop to a 540 lie-to-fly, like on Sky Scrapper. Then, the Immelmen is entered on your back and feeds into the zero-g roll over the Hollow. You'd dive down and skim across the creek face down before entering another zero-g roll, since I don't know how the forces would be on a corkscrew taken while flying. You'd end the same way, meandering to the brakes, except it'd probably be fun since you'd been in the flying position.