TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

I have lots of crazy ideas. How about a coaster element shaped kind of like the omega symbol (riding the outside of it):

Designed to deliver the most prolonged single moment of ejector airtime on the planet. Why not?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anyone here came up with this idea but........

How about a B&M hyper with Wing coaster Trains!

You would have no track below you, have a nice sensation of flying, and who would say no to airtime! The Only problem I see with this is the restraints for current winged coasters(besides gatekeeper) but I'm pretty sure B&M could find a way to fit a lap bar some where.

Here's a crazy idea for you. Maybe somebody's already suggested this, but oh well I'll put it out there again. How about a launched wooden coaster? And no Intamin pre-fab either, I mean a traditional wood coaster, followed by a shallow hill a la Maverick's second launch. By the time you reach full speed the whole thing feels like it's going to shake itself apart. That would be awesome.

I've built a launched wooden coaster on NoLimits. It's really twisty while still having a lot of hills designed for .

I could probably post it to the Game Exchange if anybody wanted me to.

An accelerator coaster (Stealth/Xcelerator) with an inside Top-hat. I can see one of these newer chinese parks going for something like this. It launches , and inverts (worlds tallest) which would get their name out there. Kills two birds with one stone.

An accelerator coaster (Stealth/Xcelerator) with an inside Top-hat. I can see one of these newer chinese parks going for something like this. It launches , and inverts (worlds tallest) which would get their name out there. Kills two birds with one stone.

And if it stalls...

Roller Coasters have been stuck upside down before. I would assume there would have to be some type of LIM or motor for that reason that would only activate if it sensed the ride was going only 2 mph through the inversion. Besides how many times have the conditions been so perfect for it to occur. Then again, 1 time may be too many for any american park to do... China on the other hand

And if it stalls...

Inverted top hats exist (see: Mr. Freeze and the Chillers from SFGAdv), and it isn't a problem - and they make it over twice each go-around. The only reason the accelerators stall is because their launched to a speed that's just fast enough to crest the top, otherwise it'd be way uncomfortable. You can apply a lot more positive Gs to the body than you can negative, so inverted top hats are fine to be taken at higher speeds that don't allow the train to stall.

A B&M coaster that runs two different trains. Floorless & Wing. It could be done!

I'm not so sure about that. The B&M Floorless coasters have a narrower track than the Wing coasters. Maybe one coaster with the Dive Machine Trains and the Winged train would work. A winged coaster with a 90 degree drop!!!!

And if it stalls...

Inverted top hats exist (see: Mr. Freeze and the Chillers from SFGAdv), and it isn't a problem - and they make it over twice each go-around. The only reason the accelerators stall is because their launched to a speed that's just fast enough to crest the top, otherwise it'd be way uncomfortable. You can apply a lot more positive Gs to the body than you can negative, so inverted top hats are fine to be taken at higher speeds that don't allow the train to stall.

Yep, that's exactly what I was getting at (Mr. Freeze). But one at 200+ feet. Worlds tallest inversion,the first inversion to top 200', and the worlds tallest looping coaster.

A B&M coaster that runs two different trains. Floorless & Wing. It could be done!

I'm not so sure about that. The B&M Floorless coasters have a narrower track than the Wing coasters. Maybe one coaster with the Dive Machine Trains and the Winged train would work. A winged coaster with a 90 degree drop!!!!

If they could figure out a way to modify the chassis, I'm sure it could work.

I don't see how a full-length wing coaster train could work on a dive machine drop. The sharpness of the drop would probably tear a wing coaster train apart(but at least you'd get some crazy ejector air before you die ).

If it were to have a 90* drop, the sharpness of the drop would have to be less (which would most likely call for the coaster to be much taller so it can comfortably & efficently achieve a 90* angle) or the trains would have to be shortened. And for a winged train, the capacity would be very low.

And if it stalls...

My assumption would be he's thinking about just an inside tophat that only goes through once then continues along some path. The same rules as all accelerators would then apply, just enough to clear the hill. Mr. Freeze has the Lim motors to push it up the spike so it has enough speed to clear the track in reverse. If the only motor was the launch, I highly doubt the ride would ever make it back around. As for the chiller though, it must have been launched fast enough to make it forward then through the tack in reverse, I don't think they had additional Lim's, I may be mistaken. I believes he's imagining TTD or Kingda Ka with an inside top hat.

**Edit** I see now that this is not what he was referring to. Nonetheless, I've always wanted to see something like TTD with an inside tophat built.

And if it stalls...

My assumption would be he's thinking about just an inside tophat that only goes through once then continues along some path. The same rules as all accelerators would then apply, just enough to clear the hill. Mr. Freeze has the Lim motors to push it up the spike so it has enough speed to clear the track in reverse. If the only motor was the launch, I highly doubt the ride would ever make it back around. As for the chiller though, it must have been launched fast enough to make it forward then through the tack in reverse, I don't think they had additional Lim's, I may be mistaken. I believes he's imagining TTD or Kingda Ka with an inside top hat.

**Edit** I see now that this is not what he was referring to. Nonetheless, I've always wanted to see something like TTD with an inside tophat built.

Right, I didn't mean to imply that his idea had to be a shuttle. I meant to say that if a full-circuit ride had an inside top hat, it could be taken at a quicker speed, similar to those on the shuttles like Mr. Freeze. For example, if TTD were to have one, it would likely launch an extra 5 miles per hour to be sure that the train clears the hill every time.

Basically, you're saying that the same rules as the other accelerators would apply, but I think it's the 'rules' from the existing inside top hats that actually would - launch it fast enough to guarantee it works, not fast enough to just inch over! (I'm still surprised that Full Throttle is launched as slow as it is.)

^I agree, that would be they way it would be done. But it would be cool if you slowly went through the tophat, just hanging upside down for that split second, where Mr. Freeze is pretty good about keeping you in your seat through the top hat. Some type of motor would have to make sure it never stalls though.

I came up with a bizarre idea for a coaster element. Imagine a hairpin turn, but tilted on its side so the coaster travels along a 90 degree banked section of track before doing a 180 degree turn, still with the coaster banked at 90 degrees. Basically, imagine a zacspin with a regular coaster car running along the side of it.

Would the forces experienced through this turn even be safe?