TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A while ago, I had the idea for an RMC Iron Horse Georgia Cyclone. I thought elaborating would make the idea even better.

Iron Cyclone/Steel Cyclone (not sure which name)

Features:

Lift hill is taller, but steeper so it takes up the same amount of space.

First hybrid coaster with a beyond-vertical drop (122 degrees, because Takabisha can suck it) Drop is also bigger.

First turnaround turned into overbank

Second turnaround made like SFGAM Goliath turnaround

Third turnaround turned into cutback through the wood

hill after 3rd turnaround now a Zero-G roll

final turnaround into station replaced with wave turn/wallcrawler

Hypothetical Stats:

Height: 125 feet

Drop: 125 feet

Top Speed: IDK

Inversions: either 2 or 3 depending on if you count the beyond vertical drop (I do)

Would anyone else ride the crap out of this? Something tells me it would definitely challenge Goliath and Mind Bender for best ride in the park.

A while ago, I had the idea for an RMC Iron Horse Georgia Cyclone. I thought elaborating would make the idea even better.

Iron Cyclone/Steel Cyclone (not sure which name)

Features:

Lift hill is taller, but steeper so it takes up the same amount of space.

First hybrid coaster with a beyond-vertical drop (122 degrees, because Takabisha can suck it) Drop is also bigger.

First turnaround turned into overbank

Second turnaround made like SFGAM Goliath turnaround

Third turnaround turned into cutback through the wood

hill after 3rd turnaround now a Zero-G roll

final turnaround into station replaced with wave turn/wallcrawler

Hypothetical Stats:

Height: 125 feet

Drop: 125 feet

Top Speed: IDK

Inversions: either 2 or 3 depending on if you count the beyond vertical drop (I do)

Would anyone else ride the crap out of this? Something tells me it would definitely challenge Goliath and Mind Bender for best ride in the park.

Please tell this to SFOG! If I went I would certainly ride this, and from what I heard it needs RMC love, so please bring it up!

I like the 122° drop idea

If CW can market Leviathan after Behemoth, a 122-degree drop coaster at SFOG seems marketable. And in my opinion, nothing is a true inversion unless it is greater than or equal to 135-degrees.

I never really intended for the 122 degree drop to be the main feature. Besides, now that I think about it, the idea might be better with a Medusa Steel Coaster style rollover drop. Also, why 135?

In terms of rolling from side to side - when you're at 90 degrees, your body is completely on its side. When you're at 180, you're completely upside-down. When you're at 135, your body is halfway between being on its side and being upside-down.

If CW can market Leviathan after Behemoth, a 122-degree drop coaster at SFOG seems marketable. And in my opinion, nothing is a true inversion unless it is greater than or equal to 135-degrees.

well while we're talking about Canada's Wonderland...

Launched coaster anyone for the park? They need a good launch. Something to standout. I'm thinkin Mack or Premier. Of course if B&M decides to ever build their own launch system...

Well technically as soon as you go beyond 90 your feet get higher than your head but then every overbanked turn would be an inversion.

This is just for simple explanation, lol. I know its not an inversion (though I do think some parks consider it one )

Haha, yeh. KBF's Silver Bullet and its 6½ inversions!

^Agreed. Also, I think SfGam should go launched (a premier launched coaster was rumored for this year) for their next major coaster. I was thinking a Blue-Fire like launched Multi-Looper in Demon's place.

I couldn't agree more. I originally was predicting that it would be a premier launched heading to SFGAm, but I was wrong! thats ok, they'll just have to put one at the park next time they get a coaster. In the mean time though, I say send a premier launched to Six Flags New England. Though an RMC woodie would work well there too...they can get that after the launched!

Well technically as soon as you go beyond 90 your feet get higher than your head but then every overbanked turn would be an inversion.

This is just for simple explanation, lol. I know its not an inversion (though I do think some parks consider it one )

Haha, yeh. KBF's Silver Bullet and its 6½ inversions!

I say that everything beyond 91 degrees EXCEPT overbanks is an inversion. No, the "153" on Outlaw Run is not an overbank.

*EDIT* I decided my Steel Cyclone idea would probably be better with the Medusa Steel Coaster style first drop, so this matter is sort of irrelevent.

Not to brag, but have you seen my launched flying concept?

It launches the train through a half-circle with that giant hammer thing. (original sit-down design concept by RideTek)

The only thing is that the riders are forced to sit there on the launch track staring at the sun

^^I think that if they were in the "flying position" (facing the ground) it would work better. Now, honestly, some say (including Intamin's president) that we are reaching the limit in terms of speed as riders can't stand faster winds without any sort of protection while still being comfortable. So a launched flying coaster would allow for almost any speed as the riders' face wouldn't be facing the wind which would eliminate the "face flapping" thing. Imagine: "The world's first supersonic coaster!"