TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Celebrities and Athletes you've met...

I met carmelo anthony at water world (it's my local waterpark) We were waiting in line for a tube slide and a group of 4 blacks with a customer service rep cut us in line. I was about to say something when I noticed who it was. I then shouted "mello!" He turned back looked around and said "Hey what's up?"

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Met a few celebs when I worked as an extra on SeaQuest & Family Matters. Roy Scheider, Ted Raimi, Peter Deluise, Marco Sanchez, Ed Kerr, etc. I talked to Jaleel White (Urkel) at the wrap party for Family Matters when they filmed at Disney. I also met George Lucas one day at Disney-MGM when I was working there. Oh yeah, and I met Temurra Morrison (Jango Fett) at Disney-MGM a few years back.

Sports figures... Pat Borders (World Series MVP, 1992) and I both went to Lake Wales (FL) high school. I had classes with some of his siblings, but he was gone long before I got there. (He's about 7 years older than me.)

He still lives around here and one night I played softball with him, which was really cool. Playing the game with a WS MVP! :shock: He also got me out of a speeding ticket once. The Orlando cop saw I was from Lake Wales and asked about Borders. I told him we went to H.S. together and the cop let me off. (I see he was just released by the Mariners. I guess he's going to retire.)

I'm a big Cardinals fan, so I've mostly met Cards players (and none of the big stars either.) Tony LaRussa signed a baseball for me his first year as Cards manager, John Mabry signed my program (after I yelled out to him, "You're my favorite Cardinal!"), & Kerry Robinson. I almost got JD Drew's autograph, but he refused to sign for me but got all the kids around me.

I've been trying to get Pujols & Edmonds autograph for years at Spring Training. But they're elusive guys. Although I understand David Eckstein signs a lot of autographs.

I met Mike Tyson 15 years ago in Atlantic City. He was shopping in some fancy clothing store and they had the whole store shut down for him. My friend and I asked if we could get his autograph and he said yes (we were only 7 at the time).

I met Vin Diesel right before The Fast & the Furious was released. He was on the same flight coming into LAX. I didn't really know who he was, but my friend was going nuts over him the entire flight (he was a few rows down). Anyway, after the flight he waited for us at the gate so my friend can take a picture with him. He even introduced himself and shook my hand, which I thought was really cool of him.

• 6 months later...

I was Reading though Elissa's "Elissa meets another clebrity!" topic and thought i should bring back this thread.

Anyhoo, I've never approached one, (i always thought if i were them i'd rather be left alone) but so far I've seen...

Method Man and Red Man at SFMM,

Jessica Simpson,

Nick Lachay,

George Lopez

Justin Guarini

Some other random American Idol people whose names i forgot

Frankie Muniz

Lea Solonga

Cobi Jones

Thats probably not all of them, but it's all i can think of...

The only time i talked to one was with Cobi Jones (LA Galaxy [sOCCER!]) and I didn't even realive who he was at the time. I was sitting on a couch in the lobby of a hotel in Palm Springs when he came and sat next to me. He asks why i was there and stuff like that and after a few minutes he leaves.

I didn't realize who he even was until i went back to my room and started wathing the Miss USA pagent that was being held that day in Palm Springs. when they were announcing the judges they showed him, and said who he was and i nearly choked.

Yeah, I do feel bad about going up to them...but then I realize that people come up to Robb and I all the time and we deal with it...They get paid a lot more than we do so they should have to deal with it also!

Seriously though, I'm very polite and ask if it's okay to take a picture. It helped this time that I was wearing my Special Olympics stuff and he was making a donation!

Technically Kiefer Sutherland gave me $60!!!

I've only seen, walked past some sport celebs:

Mika Häkkinen (ex. formule 1 driver), Janne Ahonen (ski jumper), Hannu Aravirta (ex. Finlands ice-hockey coach), Sami Hyypiä (soccer player for Liverpool and Finland), Anders Svensson (soccer player for Southampton? and Sweden), Aki Riihilahti (soccer player for Crystal Palace and Finland), some Slovakian soccer national team players, (they were in the same hotel as we, in Estonia), some temporare finnish national ice-hockey players and some finnish TV-stars.

The only actual "celebrity" i've met is Jared Leto, and I'm sure a lot of you don't even know who he is. I have also met people in bands you've probably never heard of, and a few hockey players.

I've met Paige, Jay, Ryan, and Bobby from the band Orgy, Jimmy, Kitty, Steve, and Lynz from Mindless Self Indulgence, all the guys of Kill Hannah, all the guys of 30 seconds to mars (including jared leto, did i mention that??? mmmm), and Ani Difranco. I'm sure there's more I can't remember right now. I've also met Larry Playfair, a former Sabre who lives in my town. I've also met Dominik Hasek and Miroslav Satan, both former Sabres.

Wow, I can't believe this thread JUST came about. Good times.

The only ones I've ever met were Chester Bennington and Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park at FHStival in 2001 (I think that was the year). I kind of lucked out, because I left the concert early and they happened to be gettting back in their bus when I caught them.

Another one I've met was Jordan from NFG. I was with my cousin at Warped Tour a few years back and he was signing stuff through the fence. It's amazing at how they actually react when you address them by their name, as opposed to just handing them something to sign. He was kind of pissy, but I think that's because he was signing a ton of stuff and it was hotter than hell. Too bad I lost that particular cell phone he signed while on Batwing.

Hmmm, this made me think.

I'm not a huge wrestling fan but, my buddy is so, I go with him to meet wrestlers at a local restaurant when they're in town.

Lita

Stacy Keibler

Jazz

Matt Hardy

Christian

Chavo Guerrero

Eddie Guerrero

Test (does not like to be bothered)

Batista

Randy Orton (really cool)

I met one TV star, albeit C-list:

Tony Danza

Sports figures, that's where I've got some good stories:

Mike Singletary

Chris Collins (former Duke player and now asst coach)

Mickey Morandini (multiple times)

Jud Buechler

Bill Wennington (he's hilarious)

Bill Cartwright

Horace Grant

Phil Jackson

Scottie Pippen (went to his home)

Michael Jordan (actually played basketball with him when I was in Jr. High)

hmm let's see..

harvey fierstien - last year when i went to new york, i saw him roaming the streets (at the time, he was in 'fiddler on the roof'). i definitely recognized him by his voice, he was talking to some of his friends RATHER loudly and distinctly.. hahah

drew barrymore - during that same trip, i bumped into her while walking down the street. after i bumped into her, she said "oh, im so sorry!".. i told her it was perfectly fine.. but i did not realize who it was until i was halfway down the block.. then i turned around and looked at her again, and she said "haha yep, it's me!"

paula abdul - on a different trip to new york, two years ago.. we went into the gigantic toys r us store in manhatten.. while we were there, they had a huge line of people waiting to meet some celebrity. we had no clue who it was, but we decided to go ahead and wait in the line anyway.. when we got up there, we found out it was paula abdul.. so we thought that was pretty cool.. hehe

patch adams - this might not be an actor type celebrity.. but i met patch adams last year when he was speaking at my college.. after he spoke, i went up to him and talked to him for a bit.. he's really such a nice person, and since then i've written him a couple of letters and received replies from both of them!

3 Doors Down

O.A.R.

Less Than Jake

Bowling For Soup

AFI

Simple Plan

The Used

Joey Fatone of NSYNC

Chad Michael Murray

Marc Broussard

John Mellencamp

Bob Knight

Rex Grossman

Larry Brown

Grant Hill

Lebron James

Ken Griffey Jr.

Mario Andretti

Juan Pablo Montoya

Pretty much anybody that races in Indycar

and quite a few lesser known bands

I feel like I've met a lot of famous people, but most are just famous in my world, like the Indycar drivers.

MET

most of the PBA bowlers

Saxby Chambliss (US Senate from GA)

Buff Bagwell (old WCW wrestler)

Lex Luger (also and old wrestler)

lots of the UGA football team

David Greene (he went to my high school )

Rich Folkers (old Cardinals pitcher)

SEEN

Louis Williams (NBA player from 76ers who also went to my high school)

Lil Bow Wow (he was at SFOG riding 'Vu... he screams like a little girl!)

Usher (also at SFOG, but not the same as Bow Wow)

Diana DeGarmo (used to go to my church)

I have seen a lot of AFL players, and even bumped into one of them purposely!

I have also sat a few seats to the left of Mark Holden, Who is one of the judges of Australian Idol.

Also, i have seen Cathy Freeman, who won the 400 meters at the Sydney Olympics. She doesn't live to far from me!

ALso i have seen Geoferry Rush, and his daughter, who goes to my sisters schooL!