TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Behind the Thrills has posted what appears to be a lien filed against Seaworld by Bolliger & Mabillard which seems to endorse the theory that a Surf Coaster is on its way at some point:

AF747207-896B-42EB-AF89-E496331F4D27-1024x476.thumb.png.6aae8c82414a86a63247ece9b8541810.png

So far we know B&M have trademarked the name 'Surf Coaster' and that Seaworld Orlando received a shipment of parts labelled 'SF-A' (Surf Coaster 1). So far enthusiasts have been speculating on this being a new stand up coaster (and there was a pretty bad fake 'blueprint' circulating around), but I've always backed the idea that it could be B&M's take on the Blitz Coaster, and the lien mentions that this is a launched coaster.

All these little clues seem to be giving credibility to the idea that we'll be seeing a new B&M product soon, although coronavirus could have the final word I suppose.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AMEN!!! It's so dumb to me that a company (Premier) which made headlines and won awards and praise from all of us for taking OTSR's OFF of rides that didn't need it is now needlessly putting OTSR

The Ice Breaker animated POV looks pretty good, I think it will have a good amount of airtime and may be a surprise hit! With that being said can someone PLEASE explain to me why Premier insists on pu

I honestly think that Universal Tweet is pretty pathetic.  Why do they need to shade on Sea World!?!? Have some confidence and focus on your own park. 

Posted Images

...That park should NOT have been allowed to open or continue to operate if they are not going to do the things they said they were going to do in order to be allowed to re-open.

We plan on going back next week. We'll see what it is like then.

Hey Robb I was wondering if you guys ended up revisiting SWO and if so, how did it go? Hopefully it wasn't disaster day #2 but after your last report I wouldn't be surprised.

^We haven't yet. We heard things have gotten *slightly* better and will try to check it out again towards the end of the month.

All these little clues seem to be giving credibility to the idea that we'll be seeing a new B&M product soon, although coronavirus could have the final word I suppose.

There's also the possibility that whatever B&M ended up designing / manufacturing for SeaWorld Orlando could end up somewhere else.

^We haven't yet. We heard things have gotten *slightly* better and will try to check it out again towards the end of the month.

Thanks Elissa. Looking forward to a hopefully positive update! I love all your reports and got a good chuckle out of your Universal video. For those of us who cannot attend parks this year it's great to live vicariously through the posts here!

^We should have some more updates over the next two weeks if parks stay open here!

Based on our government's recent track record, I think they will.

^^I was just gonna say the same thing. What is going on down there? Florida feels like a shite' show right now. Jarett is getting daily notifications from his college about the likelyhood or lack-there-of, for a fall semester at the actual school. They desperately want to have classes, but the state is making it as hard as possible to do so. And by hard as possible, I mean doing pretty much nothing to help stop the crazy spread down there in America's penis.

^Honestly, it's really not as bad as people seem to be making it out to be. I get that De Santis is a horrible lying human, but the scary thing is that he's right about *some* of the stuff he's saying about the virus. A ton of people have it, but much less are dying from it now and so many people are completely asymptomatic. Basically it comes down to the fact that we never had the virus here back in March - May when NY and other states were getting hit hard, now we have it and we're going through the same numbers and spikes and spread that they did but now we know how to treat it better so we're having less serious cases and deaths. The parks have not had any traceable cases. The majority of the cases that they're tracing (which is about 1% because we have no real tracing in this country) are from bars, clubs, gyms, social indoor get togethers. Our big problem (along with most states) is that it's taking over one week to get test results back so in that week these asymptomatic people are spreading it around exponentially. Our central Florida hospitals are predicting that we will peak at the end of the month due to so many cases and then start declining. KT is supposed to start school four weeks from today and no one sees that happening in person (sorry Betsy DeVos you stupid idiot!).

And let's end the virus talk there and keep this back on track for Sea World!

Guy, feel free to message me anytime if you'd like to discuss more! Remember, I'm from Sarasota so I know all about what's going on there and with Jarett's school!

If you insist...

Money saving tip: It's $5 to feed the Sea Lions at Sea World but you can now feed the gators for free!

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

-Facebook

Edited by coasterbill

Yeah I saw that lol, I mean it's not funny but at this point is nothing is surprising.

Speaking of Seaworld I know Icebreaker isn't open yet and am aware of the lien issues etc., but for anyone that's been to the park is there any activity at all on the job site or is it just completely shut down like this thing might get pushed to open in 2021? As far as I was aware the track was complete and trains were on site, just curious if there's any landscaping or people working on/around the site currently.

If you insist...

Money saving tip: It's $5 to feed the Sea Lions at Sea World but you can now feed the gators for free!

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

-Facebook

No mask, but she's taking social distancing seriously. One out of two isn't bad.

What was she trying to swim out to get?

Reminds me of the knucklehead that jumped into Jurassic Park River Adventure at IOA to grab his hat.

Yeah I saw that lol, I mean it's not funny but at this point is nothing is surprising.

Speaking of Seaworld I know Icebreaker isn't open yet and am aware of the lien issues etc., but for anyone that's been to the park is there any activity at all on the job site or is it just completely shut down like this thing might get pushed to open in 2021? As far as I was aware the track was complete and trains were on site, just curious if there's any landscaping or people working on/around the site currently.

There hasn't been anything done to the site since shortly after the park closed. Premier had barely started testing the switch track before the park closed (they were gone a couple days before the park closed, in fact), they never did a full test run before leaving. Some of the landscaping and queue work was still being done shortly after the park closed, but were all sent home soon after when the parks halted all construction.

There hasn't been anything done to the site since shortly after the park closed. Premier had barely started testing the switch track before the park closed (they were gone a couple days before the park closed, in fact), they never did a full test run before leaving. Some of the landscaping and queue work was still being done shortly after the park closed, but were all sent home soon after when the parks halted all construction.

Thanks for the update, that's kind of what I had figured unfortunately. I'm assuming it's mostly the same situation with Iron Gwazi over in Tampa even though that project was a lot closer to completion. Hopefully things get back to normal soon and maybe both of those rides get a late summer or fall opening. I mean SeaWorld opened a new river rapids ride in October a few years ago so there's hope lol.

SEAS has to actually pay for these new rides before they can operate. Don't hold your breath.

There's no benefit to opening new rides when nobody can come to the parks anyway between quarantine restrictions in random regions of the country, travel bans internationally and daily capacity limits.

^Well yeah, that's why I said hopefully things get back to normal soon, but soon might be October or it might be next June, wtf knows anymore.

• 3 months later...

Friendly reminder to passholders to make sure you stop at guest services before the end of the year (On the left near the entrance)... as they’re giving out $50 in in-park credits and free drink vouchers which can be used on select beer due to covid.

I didn’t even know this was a thing but Brit did and I got a lot of beer 😂

This even works with those old busted paper passes (and ours are from Williamsburg).

• Like 2
18 hours ago, coasterbill said:

Friendly reminder to passholders to make sure you stop at guest services before the end of the year (On the left near the entrance)... as they’re giving out $50 in in-park credits and free drink vouchers which can be used on select beer due to covid.

I didn’t even know this was a thing but Brit did and I got a lot of beer 😂

This even works with those old busted paper passes (and ours are from Williamsburg).

That's amazing, hoping to get down there in a few weeks so I'll be sure to check that out.

We took the kids to Aquatica a few weeks ago for a day and had a really good time. Much more crowded than I was expecting (it was on a Sunday in September) but still very manageable. park entry was a breeze, walked right through the temp. scan tent, straight to the park entry and in. There were Shorter lines in the morning, but got much longer later in the afternoon so pretty much a normal day at a water park in Orlando. Food lines looked pretty long but, we didn't eat there so it wasn't an issue but be warned. We did get some slushies and a pretzel for the kids and they required you to put your mask on to buy anything from the food stands/merchandise kiosk. I did see team members enforcing that to people who were just stopping by for a refill in their swim suits, so good for SeaWorld.

The new slides that were supposed to open this year look really fun, can't wait to go back and check them out. Will be nice to have another attraction on that side of the park. It had been a few years since I'd been to Aquatica and while it's maybe showing some age in areas it still might be my favorite waterpark in Orlando. Just a really solid collection of slides in a beautiful setting.