TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Currently here for passholder preview and Steel Vengeance has been down for over an hour. We were lucky enough to get on the fourth train of the day out. The food has been great! And it’s perfect weather to grab a beer and walk around!

Did they tell you why it was down?

They said it was due to mechanical reasons. We did talk to some people on our way out that waited out the several breakdowns the ride had, and they waited about 3 hours this evening to ride. It’s just some opening jitters I’m sure. I doubt these breakdowns will continue like they were tonight. I’ll upload some photos shortly of the event!

Here are some photos from the Frontier Town Hoedown today! I did take these all on my phone so I apologize if the quality is not great. I hope that you all enjoy! I hope to hear from others that go tomorrow and Wednesday!

51D87F06-5E8C-4FD5-B3D1-4C3719982613.thumb.jpeg.1c70700e5a9738395ea7a710191dade7.jpeg

Arriving to the park!

CA66D333-137D-4A12-B79D-14D838937327.thumb.jpeg.4d9f5203823823f10c0944c7d49cd2a7.jpeg

This is your boarding pass and voucher for the free food is on the back.

D6CB0268-8DB0-4049-A9C2-C3F3997B1708.thumb.jpeg.d3ecbc0174d7df0cbde977eaedcdae15.jpeg

Entrance Plaza sign. I know it’s already been posted several times lol

8607DCAF-1366-463A-9E34-762411620A4F.thumb.jpeg.16a8b90edcf10fbcb8923ac82c9755af.jpeg

This crazy inversion/turn/confusion lol

8F8C5BEB-F985-4EA4-B07D-5FBE219D467E.thumb.jpeg.7fe7d58f4d0b427c75103f9bfd9dcfd1.jpeg

This element was one of my favorites!!

3A8C67E8-D3E0-4355-A513-27A2A35B2A19.thumb.jpeg.df05e149692b572bdae4489cc93ce232.jpeg

Here we are with Blackjack, Chess, and Digger. I’m on the right between Blackjack and Digger.

CFC9D55B-08E3-400E-9882-FA2165D6998A.thumb.jpeg.2d66c11fef85dad6f0160523d3dfa9df.jpeg

He was getting over his fear of costumed characters...lol

7266B514-4909-4C93-B905-F2224433B01C.thumb.jpeg.284e24d2a1ed7c9385527c8d473e249f.jpeg

Steel Vengeance looked so cool as the sun was setting!

B3088491-311A-4863-A921-A7DFA77DB5F7.thumb.jpeg.5fdf7edb25756c004ec91a5acb508576.jpeg

As you can see by this photo, everyone was either waiting for Steel Vengeance or food. No line at all most of the evening for Maverick! We rode three times!

AF1DC5C4-4DD8-4C1A-A818-09FA1B69B841.thumb.jpeg.c614a69e50eafb552026b6382d2f320a.jpeg

I just really liked this picture I took in the Maverick station. Trust me, I’m no photographer lol. As you can probably tell lol

FD855B42-0277-4DE7-9101-3A0B67661DF5.thumb.jpeg.548d39b9485d91024635d8ee41025743.jpeg

Here’s the trio again!

F5541A05-59B7-4A9F-B1DF-A8450134F469.thumb.jpeg.aadbde101e8630f6ce98b05d7f7619e6.jpeg

The lighting just looked so cool with Maverick

89C87AA5-77FA-4F85-BB4F-980BB0DB1950.thumb.jpeg.4efc8d0506724213c1941075a72a7d73.jpeg

Millennium looking awesome!

BA65504C-EACC-434A-BCF1-C4FC766F96FC.thumb.jpeg.c7cc304772b0363195f32b9014942e89.jpeg

These coasters just look so cool at night! Valravn is definitely my favorite dive coaster!

Here are some photos from the Frontier Town Hoedown today! I did take these all on my phone so I apologize if the quality is not great. I hope that you all enjoy! I hope to hear from others that go tomorrow and Wednesday!

ZIGZAG, ACROSS THE FLOOR, SHUFFLE IN DIAGONAL.

(please someone get this reference)

Awesome photos! It seems like there's so many TRs with Steel Vengeance right now, so jealous I'm not at any one of them.

Good call riding Maverick several times. I probably would have done the same.

For our return trip this year, I'm glad I got to see a picture of the coaster I've been looking forward to riding at CP the most!! And it still looks great after 18 years...

trying not to be judgemental, but really, this just blows my mind.

new ride, special ride opportunity. . so not really open as part of the regular line up yet. . .

and people SITTING and just leaving strollers in front of the sign for a new coaster, that I'd think lots of folks would be wanting to take pictures of (in fact, IN this picture, there's someone trying to get a picture. . not that the person sitting gives a crap that they are sitting in front of the sign).

shaking my damn head at how some folks just don't give a crap about how they might impact other's experience.. sheesh.

Attention fellow TPR members....

A last minute change in my surgery date has cause me to have to cancel going to the hoedown this Wednesday. I have a single ticket to the event up for grabs(free). Remember...you must be a season pass holder to use it.

If your interested, PM me.

new ride, special ride opportunity. . so not really open as part of the regular line up yet. . .

and people SITTING and just leaving strollers in front of the sign for a new coaster, that I'd think lots of folks would be wanting to take pictures of (in fact, IN this picture, there's someone trying to get a picture. . not that the person sitting gives a crap that they are sitting in front of the sign).

shaking my damn head at how some folks just don't give a crap about how they might impact other's experience.. sheesh.

This is a really enthusiast-y post for you Bert (LOL!) but I have to admit I thought the same. You wouldn't have been able to to say anything to her though, she has the "I'd like to speak to a manager" haircut.

It would be nice if they could rope off a sign or two a few hours at a time for photo opportunities. Like how the have the Kings Island sign at the entrance way roped off. Getting a good shot at the mystic timbers sign was like capturing a clear photo of Bigfoot.

It's only when you buy on-site, which you should be doing anyway.

When you say “on site” you mean buy at the park? I’ve heard that there’s only a limited amount of fast lanes available each day, is this true?

Yep I meant "at the park." It is true that it's limited, but if you buy as soon as you get there it won't be an issue. Basically the reason you're holding off is weather - if you buy in advance and then you go and it's cloudy and 50* and there are now crowds, you've thrown the money away. But if you go and it's clear, just swing right by the counter and pick it up.

You wouldn't have been able to to say anything to her though, she has the "I'd like to speak to a manager" haircut.

This is the most truthful, on-point commentary I've seen in a long time.

This is a really enthusiast-y post for you Bert (LOL!) but I have to admit I thought the same. You wouldn't have been able to to say anything to her though, she has the "I'd like to speak to a manager" haircut.

I know.. very unlike me

but was my initial reaction!

You wouldn't have been able to to say anything to her though, she has the "I'd like to speak to a manager" haircut.

Instant classic comment. I appreciate someone as honest and jaded as I am about people.

How about a simple "hey guys, I wanna get a quick shot of this sign right here..." People can be quite nice when approached in a kind way. Of course, there are always a few nastys but it's rare.

Is it me or are people loosing basic communication skills? A quick example: I hear so many nervous "sorry"s instead of a simple "pardon me" or "excuse me." Perhaps I missed the context, and it's not directed at you guys. Just doing a reality check for myself.

the context is all in the last line.

one should not HAVE to ask folks to move (oh, you bet your behind, *I* would ask them to move for me to take a photo), but my point was this:

shaking my damn head at how some folks just don't give a crap about how they might impact other's experience.. sheesh

Has a list been posted that explains where the merge points are for Fast Lane at CP?

I know that MF merges at the last queue leg (and you have to wait up the ramp) and Steel Vengeance merges at the station entrance. Can someone share with the others merge (major rides)?

Definitely will be buying a FL+ when we visit in June - but want to make sure I have realistic expectations.

How about a simple "hey guys, I wanna get a quick shot of this sign right here..." People can be quite nice when approached in a kind way.

Or how about you pull

up on your phone and play it for her?

Has a list been posted that explains where the merge points are for Fast Lane at CP?

I know that MF merges at the last queue leg (and you have to wait up the ramp) and Steel Vengeance merges at the station entrance. Can someone share with the others merge (major rides)?

Definitely will be buying a FL+ when we visit in June - but want to make sure I have realistic expectations.

Gatekeeper merge: bottom of stairs up to station

ValRven merge: station

Wicked Twister: last switchback before going around the front of coaster (tho never saw a line back that far)

Gemini: I believe was at the Station

Maverick: station (tho even FL+ line often stretched down the stairs. . so there's a wait, even tho it is a separate line).

TTD: station (but the FL+ line was often down the ramp leading to the station)"

Magnum: last switchback before going up stairs to station

those are the ones I recall. . didn't ride Raptor more than once, so didn't notice the merge point.

TTD: station (but the FL+ line was often down the ramp leading to the station)"

Are they moving this to the station this year? The last few years it has merged at the bottom of the ramp, which can add a bit if you get to the merge point when the ramp is full.

I rode Maverick a couple times during the Lebron James Family Foundation Benefit last Friday and I must say that the reintroduction of effects inside the tunnel are a nice added touch, especially as you prepare for the second launch. I really like how Cedar Point is looking for ways to spruce up older attractions.

That's awesome to hear! What were the effects in the tunnel?

Not sure if anybody else responded (so pardon any redundancy), but basically, the train enters the tunnel and there are these illuminated rail signs on either side ahead of you along with corresponding train/crossing gate bell sound effects.