TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

so is MF down for wind too?

Gatekeeper, Valravn, Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, Raptor, Steel Vengeance, Wicked Twister and probably others are down for wind. I believe Magnum is somehow open, probably since the wind is off the bay.

Headed to Cedar Point tomorrow, got some free tickets from Coke . Looking at the new park map, it seems like the best entrance to just run to Steel Vengeance is the resort entrance by Gemini. Anybody else have any other ideas?

Resort entrance is the way to go. Just make sure you get there early, I got there 20 minutes before opening when I went and it still had a long line.

Thanks! I went to the Marina entrance on Valravn opening weekend and it was packed, considering it's right next to the ride entrance. Glad I don't have to do that again.

Ohio State day got rained on last year and nothing was open. Wonder if they played into this at all to get them to come back.
Don't worry Buckeyes are used to being disappointed between this and how college football has gone for them in the play-offs the past few years...

Resort entrance is the way to go. Just make sure you get there early, I got there 20 minutes before opening when I went and it still had a long line.
How long is long. That is pretty open ended....

[attachment=0]CPOS.jpg[/attachment]

Wonder what the line @ Guest Relations looks like.

Probably a lot of

[attachment=1]manager.jpg[/attachment]

My girlfriend and I remark about this hairstyle often and associate it with suburban moms who haven't quite realized it's no longer 2003.

Looking at the new park map, it seems like the best entrance to just run to Steel Vengeance is the resort entrance by Gemini. Anybody else have any other ideas?
Please let us know if they let you park in the water park lot. Last year they would not open it till 10:am so i could not get to that gate for early entrance.

Looking at the new park map, it seems like the best entrance to just run to Steel Vengeance is the resort entrance by Gemini. Anybody else have any other ideas?
Please let us know if they let you park in the water park lot. Last year they would not open it till 10:am so i could not get to that gate for early entrance.

assuming you aren't staying at Breakers, and get early entry because of Season Passes. . . .

Didn't they just open up the boardwalk that now reaches all the way to the front lot?

so you *could* park in standard lot, and just walk all the way up the boardwalk to the resort gate, no?

(it's not like one doesn't do a lot of walking at CP anyways)

assuming you aren't staying at Breakers, and get early entry because of Season Passes. . . .

Didn't they just open up the boardwalk that now reaches all the way to the front lot?

so you *could* park in standard lot, and just walk all the way up the boardwalk to the resort gate, no?

(it's not like one doesn't do a lot of walking at CP anyways)

Got a killer deal on Hotwire, got Breakers for one night (Sat-Sun) for $89. Going to drive down early Sat morning and check in, get my early entry pass and go to the resort gate.

Wow, that's a sweet deal. That's significantly less than what I'm going to be paying for Breakers Express. Also, you know you're not getting screwed with an old crusty room, since they've all recently been redone. Just don't expect any kind of view, which should be fine.

I believe the parking lot for Cedar Point Shores still won’t open until 10AM, however with the new boardwalk you can park in the main lot and walk back to the resort entrance!

Waiting at Gemini resort entrance. They let us into the point right under Dragster, and now we’re just waiting for early entry. Taylor from Coaster Studios is right in front of me. Large crowd. They opened the Cedar Point Shores parking lot!

If this morning is any indication I can't wait for Valravn and Gatekeeper early entry rides this year. You probably won't even have to get off of the train. That stampede to Steel Vengeance was some "Lion King" level sh*t.

After watching a few videos from this morning's stampede I would love to see the park walk people back to Steel Vengeance this season like Disney does with Pandora. Since Camp Snoopy is open for Early Entry and not Planet Snoopy won't you have a bunch of kids in that same holding area? I'm kind of worried that they'll get trampled by deranged coaster enthusiasts.

Currently in line and it’s pretty long, we’ve made it through one set of switchbacks but this wait isn’t too bad for us, but they set the sign to have over a 4 hour wait already. And we saw them wheel out another for the extra crowds that come when the park actually opens. 4 hours for early entry though!

^ what time did you start at the resort entrance / how early did you get to the park?

Got to the resort entrance around 8:30-8:40. As soon as National anthem last note ended, all hell broke loose. Everybody just sprinted to the entrance and hopped in line. Tony was screaming at people in a megaphone

If this morning is any indication I can't wait for Valravn and Gatekeeper early entry rides this year. You probably won't even have to get off of the train. That stampede to Steel Vengeance was some "Lion King" level sh*t.
Millenium Force may fall into the category as well. A coaster that won the golden ticket 15 straight years is now a compete after thought...