TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

TTD: station (but the FL+ line was often down the ramp leading to the station)"

Are they moving this to the station this year? The last few years it has merged at the bottom of the ramp, which can add a bit if you get to the merge point when the ramp is full.

hmm. . I am going by Memory, and I recall the FL+ line was still divided up the ramp (FL+ on left, and general line on right), and basically the "merge" was when they put you in the rows for the train.

I don't recall the Ramp being merged -- even tho, as noted, the line often went down the ramp. But I seem to recall we still were in the separate FL+ line.

someone who has been to CP more than once (last year for CoasterMania!) will have to clarify

TTD: station (but the FL+ line was often down the ramp leading to the station)"

Are they moving this to the station this year? The last few years it has merged at the bottom of the ramp, which can add a bit if you get to the merge point when the ramp is full.

hmm. . I am going by Memory, and I recall the FL+ line was still divided up the ramp (FL+ on left, and general line on right), and basically the "merge" was when they put you in the rows for the train.

I don't recall the Ramp being merged -- even tho, as noted, the line often went down the ramp. But I seem to recall we still were in the separate FL+ line.

someone who has been to CP more than once (last year for CoasterMania!) will have to clarify

Now you've got me second guessing myself lol... I thought that it merged at the bottom of the ramp and the two lines on the ramp are for each station, so you choose your station at the bottom of the ramp. But I only go to CP once a year so my memory could definitely be wrong! Either way, it's at the station or pretty close.

I don't think Miss Speak-to-a-manager has read the codified and unwritten rules of theme park enthusiasts everywhere, where the 29th amendment section B clearly states "Thou shalt not sit in front of a coaster's sign lest ye block another enthusiast's photo opportunity", and section C goes on to state "Thou shalt not park thy stroller in front of a sign for the same damn reason".

Is it me or are people loosing basic communication skills?

Oh, the irony of this post!!!

[attachment=0]loose lose.png[/attachment]

LMFAO.

I don't think Miss Speak-to-a-manager has read the codified and unwritten rules of theme park enthusiasts everywhere, where the 29th amendment section B clearly states "Thou shalt not sit in front of a coaster's sign lest ye block another enthusiast's photo opportunity", and section C goes on to state "Thou shalt not park thy stroller in front of a sign for the same damn reason".

Basically. You guys are on fire today.

Has a list been posted that explains where the merge points are for Fast Lane at CP?

I know that MF merges at the last queue leg (and you have to wait up the ramp) and Steel Vengeance merges at the station entrance. Can someone share with the others merge (major rides)?

Definitely will be buying a FL+ when we visit in June - but want to make sure I have realistic expectations.

The only merge points that provided waits on our last visit:

*Millennium Force, which merges you around five or so minutes before going into the crammed station, if operations are good. I'd say with the station and merge point you're looking at 15 minutes or so until boarding. CP crammed most of their stations on our visit.

*Top Thrill merges right before the station, but our Saturday ride made us wait 20-30 minutes before we got to the station and another 10-15 minutes in the station.

*Gate Keeper merges you when you separate to the right of left side which left a good 10-20 minutes before boarding.

People complain about the FL lines at Maverick and Valravn taking a while, but even when we were 20+ people deep we never waited much over ten minutes. It's well worth it, but don't expect to jump right on the rides within a couple minutes like any other CF park.

Edited by prozach626

I honestly don't think Bert needed a lesson from multiple people on how to be polite or ask a question, I think Bert's comment was more just an expression of where humanity is these days and how people don't give a shit about anything besides themselves. So please, for future posts, let's not be insulting to others and assume people in this forum don't know how to be polite or ask someone nicely to do something, because that really was not what Bert was looking for in this situation.

Thanks.

Edited by robbalvey

Is it me or are people loosing basic communication skills?

Oh, the irony of this post!!!

[attachment=0]loose lose.png[/attachment]

Silly indeed. Can’t believe I misspelled that.

I have seen Cedar Point commercials here in Chicago, but an actual Steel Vengeance commercial? Wow, kinda cool.

Same. 3 years ago I was out in the western suburbs of Chicago and went to the movie theater. I bought a soda and popcorn, and it came with a coupon for Cedar Point or Kings Island. I found it strange, but it inspired me to go to Cedar Point for my birthday.

Even stranger... we’re having fire/dry wind warnings in Chicagoland with some brush fires tiday!

On a coaster related note, the B&M flyer in Japan had a shutdown and it made the news here! Not really news...

CC23BA48-B9E0-4F72-B22E-EE6127F5C7B7.thumb.jpeg.1f8eb0ac2a3fcad37cb8b9fad1bd40cd.jpeg

“Passengers stranded upside down” the news said. Oh boy...

Just a quick question; What is the locker policy at Cedar Point? I haven't been since 2008 and last year when I went to Kings Island I didn't bring a bag, otherwise, I haven't had any experience with Cedar Fair parks. Thanks for any advice!

Getting totally stoked for our visit two weekends from now and am hoping like hell that the weather cooperates!

Given that I was originally hoping for a stop at either Kentucky Kingdom or SFStL on the way out of Branson and they are both closed on Thursday and Friday, we are now planning on possibly visiting SFStL this Sunday and then plan on arriving at CP the following Friday. With any luck, lines will be minimal and I'll be able to hit up most of the major coasters/rides multiple times.

I did find it a bit strange that CP is open on Friday, but these two parks further south and west are not? But then again, if the weather is shit, I might understand this logic better.

If the weather is decent, Saturday will be FL+ for sure, so if the line is crazy for Steel Vengeance on Friday night, I may wait until Saturday despite the fact that it will probably kill me waiting another day to ride it.

But hey, if lines are nonexistent for Valravn, MF, Skyhawk, Maxair, Maverick, Magnum, Gatekeeper, etc on Friday night...I will just power ride the crap out of those instead.

Just a quick question; What is the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo policy at Cedar Point? I haven't been since 2008 and last year when I went to Kings Island I didn't bring a bag, otherwise, I haven't had any experience with Cedar Fair parks. Thanks for any advice!

All your answers are right here conveniently on CP's website.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/help/frequently-asked-questions

I to was at the park last night. I ended up waiting about 2.5 hours to ride. This was due to a few breakdowns and at points only running one train. Still worth it.

Like most people said this thing is amazing. Near perfection. It's almost like a perfectly done ball room dance. This ride is hard to put into words. Just ride it and ride it a lot.

If they have issue on Saturday like last night this ,Igbo be the only thing some people get to ride.

Even stranger... we’re having fire/dry wind warnings in Chicagoland with some brush fires tiday!

On a coaster related note, the B&M flyer in Japan had a shutdown and it made the news here! Not really news...

Am I missing how either of these two things relate to Cedar Point in any way?

Ohhh... let's just say 9 hours and leave it at that.

Edit: And no FastPass/Lane tix allowed.

IMG_3732.JPG.ff307458a3cd9a23fa489ee6f399a4e1.JPG

"Bless This Coaster, OMGawds of Wood & Steel"...

I definitely think the wait on opening will be 6-8 hours. With the hype that the coaster is receiving, i can see the park beating Gatekeepers opening weekend, which is apparently their most successful opening weekend in the history of the park.

Am I missing how either of these two things relate to Cedar Point in any way?

I figured it was distantly related to what we were talking about… CP and Steel Vengeance commercials on Chicago TV.