TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Don't forget, if you find a reliable way to get to downtown Sandusky, you can always take the Jet Express ferry across the bay to the park for I think $10 round-trip.

Damn, that's pretty cool. How long does that take?

The town is a shit hole and will likely have shit hole taxis. If you're OK with getting into the back seat of a Taxi that just got done taking someone to and from their crack buy, go for it. Even shitty cab services usually get you where you're going in a timely manner. Just expect to ride in a 2003 Dodge Caravan that smells like 2nd hand smoke vs. a Lexus. If you get lucky you might be in the back of a retired cop car where the blood, piss, sweat, and tears have been wiped clean!

Seriously, you'll be fine. Maybe contact Sandusky visitors center and see what kind of options they have. I'd also contact Cedar Point and see if there is some kind of shuttle from the airport. I wouldn't be surprised either way. Uber seems to have recently grown within the last couple years in areas where they weren't originally popular, so you may have a chance.

^I would definitely try for the ubers first, but honestly, I'm from NYC so none of that stuff bothers me because it's normal here too. Honestly you could handcuff me and throw me in a trunk if it means I get from the hotel to Cedar Point and back. Same for hotels, as long as it's not super disgusting I couldn't care less because I'm hardly going to be in it

^ It's funny how living in the city desensitizes you to that stuff, huh? I'm reading Zach's post like "Have you people ever ridden the Philly/NYC subways?!"

As far as the Uber in Sandusky thing goes, I've looked into getting to CP sans car pretty extensively and its certainly not easy. You might be able to reserve an airport/taxi service to get you to the park if you're willing to spend the money on just staying @ Breakers so you only have to make the two trips to get to and and from the park/airport?

All that said, Uber is popping up in more out of the way places now so it might not be impossible if you need to stay offsite.

Don't forget, if you find a reliable way to get to downtown Sandusky, you can always take the Jet Express ferry across the bay to the park for I think $10 round-trip.

Damn, that's pretty cool. How long does that take?

Probably only 20 minutes, it's not far from downtown to the park when you cut across the bay. And if you're traveling solo or with just one other person, it's cheaper than parking at the park! They have free parking at the pier.

I'm probably gonna call the 90 different cab services I see around Sandusky and ask them about fares and stuff from the airport/hotel and from the hotel/cedar point, hopefully I can get solid answers where I can finally just book it

Since you're from NYC and not totally uncomfortable with... alternative modes of transit, you could theoretically take the Red Line (Cleveland's subway) to downtown Cleveland and either catch the Amtrak or Greyhound to Sandusky. Probably more hassle than it's worth, but it might be cheaper than a cab if you're looking to pinch pennies. But yeah... I have a feeling it might just end up being cheaper to rent a car than to deal with a taxi service.

Since you're from NYC and not totally uncomfortable with... alternative modes of transit, you could theoretically take the Red Line (Cleveland's subway) to downtown Cleveland and either catch the Amtrak or Greyhound to Sandusky. .

I looked at the Amtrak option. Only train runs Cleveland to Sandusky 3:45 a.m. to 4:55 a.m. Return train is almost as early as well.

Although we only used it for getting to Cedar Point and back to the airport, renting a car seemed the easiest way to go.

We also used the car to get drinks and snacks for our room, after we checked in.

Just got off Steel Vengeance, and WOW!!! Completely out of your seat, and out of your mind, from start to finish! A masterpiece, and definitely my new #1 coaster! I also loved the queue placement, and how the coaster runs all around you, and offers tons of great photo opportunities from up close! Hard to say what my favorite part is, because it's all so amazing, but a few more rides might bring something to the top! Excellent achievement CP and RMC!

Just got off Steel Vengeance, and WOW!!! Completely out of your seat, and out of your mind, from start to finish! A masterpiece, and definitely my new #1 coaster! I also loved the queue placement, and how the coaster runs all around you, and offers tons of great photo opportunities from up close! Hard to say what my favorite part is, because it's all so amazing, but a few more rides might bring something to the top! Excellent achievement CP and RMC!

Guess it’s time to update you signature! Glad you loved it! I really hope I can ride this beast one day

^I would definitely try for the ubers first, but honestly, I'm from NYC so none of that stuff bothers me because it's normal here too. Honestly you could handcuff me and throw me in a trunk if it means I get from the hotel to Cedar Point and back. Same for hotels, as long as it's not super disgusting I couldn't care less because I'm hardly going to be in it

It's a bummer but you for sure won't reliably find an Uber in the Sandusky Area. However I see a company called AM/PM 24/7 Taxi's all around town all the time. I haven't personally taken them, but I've heard they will reliably get you from point A to point B. With that said:

Just expect to ride in a 2003 Dodge Caravan that smells like 2nd hand smoke vs. a Lexus.

This is a very accurate description of what the vehicles in the fleet look like, and probably smell like.

Cabbies are like the concierges of the slum world. If you're really looking for thrills in Sandusky ask the cabbie to take you to where you can get some 'hard' (crack). Make sure it's after the park closes so you can get the full affect. I don't recommend going through with the purchase, though.

In the POV every airtime moment is filled with a sound that sounds to be a vibration accompanied by a loud clunk. These are the anti-rollback clutches rattling and then falling back into place, correct?

Correct.